Pages: 1 ... 814 815 816 [817] 818 819 820 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1229365 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12240 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 12:10:26 »

Oh, and Kemp won Adver POTS and Disabled fans POTS awards, which was amusing, saw a video message from him and also our Aussie saviour..

What did our fearless leader say? Same old shit? Weve learnt our lessons etc
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #12241 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 12:29:07 »

Yep, he was very open about the current situation, probably because he has nothing to lose.  One thing is clear, he won't be here next season unless they appoint a decent manager and start to show ambition as a club, which means he won't be here next season.  Wants to stay, but not under current circumstances.

He is probably one of the few players we have here that would quite easily fit into another L2 team, same with Austin, be good to see both of them stay next season  but without ambition etc. it will be the kids looking to nail down a 1st team place.

I'm sure there is something to him losing the captaincy also....
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #12242 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 12:45:41 »

Yep, he was very open about the current situation, probably because he has nothing to lose.  One thing is clear, he won't be here next season unless they appoint a decent manager and start to show ambition as a club, which means he won't be here next season.  Wants to stay, but not under current circumstances.

Sounds like a really nice guy but I’m fine with him leaving. He’s been a major part of the worst defence in the clubs history.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12243 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 12:53:43 »

Sounds like a really nice guy but I’m fine with him leaving. He’s been a major part of the worst defence in the clubs history.

I understand this take, but disagree. I think we often under estimate how much influence a manager/head coach has.

Also statistically not the worst defense in our history either.

But he played in a kamikaze formation under Flynn, and now plays for an idiot in Gunning. I can't over state how much i have heard about how bad gunning is as the man in control.

I don't see we get much better than a FBT in league 2 honestly.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12244 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 13:06:21 »

He was also our Player of the Season last year. He's one of a fair few who, if he leaves (and I suspect he will), will get a better club than us.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12245 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 13:06:31 »

Yep, he was very open about the current situation, probably because he has nothing to lose.  One thing is clear, he won't be here next season unless they appoint a decent manager and start to show ambition as a club, which means he won't be here next season.  Wants to stay, but not under current circumstances.
Pretty much what he said to me at the Sponsors evening.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #12246 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 13:07:17 »

I understand this take, but disagree. I think we often under estimate how much influence a manager/head coach has.

Also statistically not the worst defense in our history either.

But he played in a kamikaze formation under Flynn, and now plays for an idiot in Gunning. I can't over state how much i have heard about how bad gunning is as the man in control.

I don't see we get much better than a FBT in league 2 honestly.

Agree.
You put a decent few players next to him and stop this pick n mix selection.
Then replace this idiot in the dugout you have a decent player at this level.

The misery continues sadly.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12247 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 13:22:16 »

Even though our defence has been terrible this season in the main Dokes and FBT are 2 that I would happily keep here if we have a tactic that plays to their strengths.

Even maybe McCarthy if hes available as on Saturday he made some great tackles and interceptions so he has it in him but its getting it out of him consistantly.

Tactics make a team, individuals rarely do, they get results but do not make a team when you have to rely on them, like Kemp/Young earlier in the season and McKirdy in the play off season.

Talented individuals just paper over cracks in a team, but add those players to a solid team and that takes that team onto the next level.

At no point this year have we looked a team with strong tactics, with each player knowing their role in a side, even earlier in the season we played great football at times but defensively the formation and tactics were still way off the mark, also back then we were playing 3 at the back, which almost all of us can see doesnt work with the players we have.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12248 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 13:25:46 »

I've seen this 'part of a terrible defence so get rid' stance and I can't really understand it. Pretty much what Riddick and Nemo have said sums things up for me. This season has been an utter hotch potch which of course has seen us conceding absolutely stupid goals again and again. But I don't think you get many better defenders, or leaders at this level than FBT.  

Edit - just saw JJ's post. I agree with him also, Dokes and FBT are the ones i'd keep. Kokolo I'm on the fence about still, I quite like him.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #12249 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 13:29:21 »

It’s interesting to hear FBT’s perspective- I don’t doubt it’s true. But it does seem unprofessional to be slagging off your employer when you’re on work duty. Probably for the best all round if he’s going.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12250 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 14:36:54 »

It’s interesting to hear FBT’s perspective- I don’t doubt it’s true. But it does seem unprofessional to be slagging off your employer when you’re on work duty. Probably for the best all round if he’s going.

Best for him. He's clearly not happy. Will get a better deal elsewhere I'm sure.

ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #12251 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 14:51:57 »

We spent the 2nd lowest on agent fees for this season. Our £23k total is less than 10% of FGR's £260k.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12252 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 15:00:39 »

FGR's £260k.

Value for money there
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12253 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 15:24:27 »

What did our fearless leader say? Same old shit? Weve learnt our lessons etc

ROOOOOAAAAR

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12254 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 15:31:32 »

He was far from slagging off his employer, went as far to say that GG is an OK coach, he's just not a manager.  He was very complimentory about the club and the fans and made it clear he doesn't want to leave, just wants to see the right manager and an ambition to match his - IMO that is fair enough as we have had no decent managers in his stint here or any semblence of ambition.  He was also uber complimentory about Shan, saying he was the best coach he has worked with since Darren Ferguson.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 814 815 816 [817] 818 819 820 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: