Pages: 1 ... 811 812 813 [814] 815 816 817 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1229524 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12195 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 12:53:53 »

I applaud what Jason is doing, and getting is plan documented in the local paper is a good way to try and snowball plans. Ultimately the sarcastic clap and the return to seat thing is unlikely to get noticed by any media, but perhaps something more disruptive will be planned for the Morecambe game.

The comments in the Adver article does suggest there is still a split of Pro and Anti-Clem.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12196 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 12:54:57 »

Could we do a reverse protest?  Given how miss treated everything has become, maybe fans replace the pitch at half time, or clean the clock, or install a new Next Fixture Board outside the ground.  A sort of STFC DIY SOS PROTEST SPECIAL.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12197 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 12:58:32 »

Much has been discussed about this protest and those organising it, on here and probably on wider SM, but for me, no matter the method or the drivers, i am just glad that somebody is having a go.  Noise is noise, whether it is a loud or effective noise or not, it's noise.  It was clear from the fans forum that the reaction of the fans really did surprise the ownership and blind sided them completely.  The more noise that they are aware of, whether small or large, whether they read about it or actually hear it, can only be a good thing.

We can't complain that nobody is doing anything and then criticise the methods of those actually trying, as long as they don't overstep the mark and put us at risk of sanctions or point deductions.

Fair play to them i say, have a go and let's see if it creates a little bit of momentum.  One person's sarcastic clap is another person's orange hat.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #12198 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 13:04:05 »

The organiser of the protest at the County Ground this weekend said that he fears Swindon Town’s situation could soon be worse than Reading’s.

Jason Lane is organising a protest against the ownership of the club at and before the game against AFC Wimbledon this weekend.

The protest will see a vocal display outside The Arkell’s John Trollope Stand at 2pm, fans not returning to their seats until the 50th minute after halftime, and a minute of sarcastic applause during the 69th minute of the game.

Lane says that he believes that he must take action now as without fans starting to get involved then the very near future of the club could be very bleak.

He said: “It is the lies, the deceit, the BS, and probably the last straw for me was the Fair Game report.

“The way I see it, something needs to happen because we can’t keep going in decline season on season.

“The fans are staying away because they don’t want Clem [Morfuni] here, even the Fans’ Forum was a joke.

“If he was to look at how season tickets have sold compared to last season, by the end of May they will be about 1,500 down and those early bird sales keep the club ticking over during the summer.

“Something has got to change, and it has to change at the top because as much as Clem can say we need to change our mindset, he needs to change his mindset.

“If nothing happens and no one protests and we all bury our heads in the sand then we will end up in a worse position than Reading, I have no doubt about that.

“My personal opinion is that if Clem Morfuni is still at the club and nothing changes, I would probably give it to about November before the club will be in administration or liquidated.”

Lane said that the protest at the Wimbledon game will be the start of a longer process of protests to try and highlight the issues within the club.

He said: “For the final home game against Morecambe on April 27, we will talk about how Saturday went and then start making plans for then.

“A successful protest for me would be more than ten people and the fans to start uniting because there has been a lot of toxicity between the fans, and they are divided.”

Swindon Town have been approached for comment about this.

The part about possible liquidation/admin doesn't make sense, it would mean Clem wouldn't get any of his money back, which as everyone keeps telling me, plenty of people are interested, so why would he do it?
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #12199 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 13:06:35 »

The part about possible liquidation/admin doesn't make sense, it would mean Clem wouldn't get any of his money back, which as everyone keeps telling me, plenty of people are interested, so why would he do it?
Maybe its because he hasnt actually put that much money into the club as hes saying he has and looking for an easy way out, like he has done with almost all his companies going bust too.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12200 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 13:08:15 »

I imagine he is suggesting that it wouldn't be a choice, it would be forced via a creditor, or multiple, pushing for a winding-up order, and then forcing the club into one of those options.  The growing short term liquidity issues are evident in the accounts, which are a year behind reality, so could be worse.  Clem has recent for being chased around the globe by creditors, and even that case could indirectly cause STFC issues if and when any judgements are made.

I doubt Clem would push for liquidation, but he has moved debt from Director loans to loans from his other companies (at least it looks that way from the Accounts).
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12201 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 13:43:38 »

I reckon we should go fancy dress last home game of the season as Mario the plumber.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12202 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 13:52:01 »

You could always go for a little bit of cultural insensitivity as well as being sarcastic about people who attend our games but definitely do not influence the clubs running, and come as Convicts.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12203 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 13:56:52 »

I reckon we should go fancy dress last home game of the season as Mario the plumber.
Hey Clemio.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12204 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 14:03:33 »

I can't see any connection between an outwardly amiable plumber who lives in a far away land, goes around hoovering up coins and sometimes driving a vehicle, but is associated with a variety of strange and outlandish characters...

and Super Mario.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12205 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 14:06:26 »

Hey Clemio.

Don’t sully my avatar!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12206 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 14:12:43 »

Don’t sully my avatar!
Do you know what? I genuinely had no idea I picked the same picture on google as you have as your avatar...right up until that moment you mentioned it!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #12207 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 14:33:57 »

Much has been discussed about this protest and those organising it, on here and probably on wider SM, but for me, no matter the method or the drivers, i am just glad that somebody is having a go.  Noise is noise, whether it is a loud or effective noise or not, it's noise.  It was clear from the fans forum that the reaction of the fans really did surprise the ownership and blind sided them completely.  The more noise that they are aware of, whether small or large, whether they read about it or actually hear it, can only be a good thing.

We can't complain that nobody is doing anything and then criticise the methods of those actually trying, as long as they don't overstep the mark and put us at risk of sanctions or point deductions.

Fair play to them i say, have a go and let's see if it creates a little bit of momentum.  One person's sarcastic clap is another person's orange hat.
Absolutely this. Good on him. If the twitter official site is anything to go by he will have the numbers, more than 10
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #12208 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 15:58:34 »

Well let’s theorise here that the money he’s put into the club isn’t his and was say dirty money from someone with a background in money laundering. If ‘clean’ money has then been extracted through inflated costs to individuals then they are effectively already in profit so liquidation would have little consequence…
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12209 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 17:03:30 »

Do you know what? I genuinely had no idea I picked the same picture on google as you have as your avatar...right up until that moment you mentioned it!
That’s why I chose it. Being run by a comical plumber seemed appropriate.
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 813 [814] 815 816 817 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: