Pages: 1 ... 805 806 807 [808] 809 810 811 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227329 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #12105 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 07:24:53 »

Twitter sleuth Jason Lane hosted a space last night. Have listened back and with the usual caveats: He states that an English Consortium led by previously mentioned by Whelan Luke Dowling has submitted an offer to purchase the club. This offer has been left unresponded to for 4 weeks. Bid for ~£10mn but Clem is holding out for £16mn.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12106 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 07:30:12 »

Here is the link

https://x.com/stfc_chatter/status/1775615887568929139?s=46&t=sUQ-fFgelrF5oqTmo-D8tA
tans

Ignore
« Reply #12107 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 07:36:38 »

He’s saying players havent been paid on time 3 times
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12108 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 07:55:17 »

Fair game review findings released tomorrow

Is this done with the Trust as well, or is it totally separate? Has the chapter about the Trust being shown the books now been and gone?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12109 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 07:58:20 »

Twitter sleuth Jason Lane hosted a space last night. Have listened back and with the usual caveats: He states that an English Consortium led by previously mentioned by Whelan Luke Dowling has submitted an offer to purchase the club. This offer has been left unresponded to for 4 weeks. Bid for ~£10mn but Clem is holding out for £16mn.

I'm always cynical about this stuff and Jason Marple seems to enjoy his role as the financial ITK, but I highly doubt that any serious consortium looking to takeover a club would 'leak' this kind of information would they?

With that said, I do believe that the current owners will be absolutely terrible at trying to sell the club.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
tans

Ignore
« Reply #12110 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 08:00:07 »

Fans forum - OSC and Vic Morgan didnt know that the club were going to do the infamous powerpoint presentation and Phil King would be there until 4pm on the day
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12111 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 08:03:36 »

We'll see what comes out, but the EFL are usually pretty quick on punishing clubs for not paying players on time. I think the suggestion in the Autumn was that the players *were* paid on time, it was just the office staff that got delayed (which isn't okay, but the EFL seem to care less)
tans

Ignore
« Reply #12112 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 08:06:36 »

47 mins someone did a sex noise on the space
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #12113 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 08:07:10 »

Is this done with the Trust as well, or is it totally separate? Has the chapter about the Trust being shown the books now been and gone?
Morshead confirmed that Trust haven't been consulted on with regards to Fair Game.

The fact it's gone to the club for sign-off confirms it's not an impartial review either sadly.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #12114 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 08:09:49 »

I'm always cynical about this stuff and Jason Marple seems to enjoy his role as the financial ITK, but I highly doubt that any serious consortium looking to takeover a club would 'leak' this kind of information would they?

With that said, I do believe that the current owners will be absolutely terrible at trying to sell the club.
I feel exactly the same on both counts.

The facts it's a name that's previously been reported, it's easier for crossed wires/something easier to run with. Albeit, it could also give it more credence. But yeah, still mega cynical about it all until official statements come out.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12115 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 08:09:59 »

Morshead confirmed that Trust haven't been consulted on with regards to Fair Game.

The fact it's gone to the club for sign-off confirms it's not an impartial review either sadly.

Convenient that! Whatever happened to the MOU that was signed?

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12116 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 08:10:39 »

It was reported (as rumours) that Luke Dowling was ‘helping’ to facilitate a sale - apart from some (made up?) numbers this isn’t anything that wasn’t already in the public domain.

Although Dowling has held technical director roles; so would not have the financial clout (certainly not through his career in football) to run the club anyway.

…however, low and behold one of his previous clubs was West Brom - which appears to be quite a common theme currently.

Also as Nemo has said - EFL are usually right on the case if players aren’t paid plus won’t a lot of people potentially had a later than usual pay this month due to the bank holidays falling at the end of the month…
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12117 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 08:22:40 »

Usually pay gets paid a day earlier if the usual day is a Bank Holiday.

I’m beginning to care less day by day.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #12118 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 08:27:23 »

Jason Lane says a lot of things, without actually saying a lot.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #12119 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 09:03:40 »

Bloke lives on fantasy island and takes whatever he reads on the internet as gospel. His love in for able was amusing

Jump to: