Pages: 1 ... 791 792 793 [794] 795 796 797 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1230987 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #11895 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 11:40:29 »

I think part of the problem is that if he started the hard sell for ST renewals he would (quite rightly) get a lot of negative responses. I think the hope was things would pick up after January and they could use that as a promise that things would get better, the fact that it is equally as bad (if not worse) has somewhat scuppered that plan.

I’ve heard a vague rumour that they are talking to potential new managers, so maybe that’s what they are hoping will encourage some to renew. Unless it’s a blow your socks off appointment (which it’s not going to be is it) then I think they are going to be very disappointed
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11896 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 11:40:57 »

Everything just reeks of an exit strategy doesnt it.
Was speaking to a couple of TEF'rs about this very thing last week.

I think (hope) we are getting to endgame.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #11897 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 11:55:26 »

It's far from good obviously,but for me the nadir of this season on the pitch was Wimbledon away. We've come close but I don't think any performance since has been actually worse than that. We absolutely showed nothing for even a single minute of that game

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #11898 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 12:05:18 »

It's far from good obviously,but for me the nadir of this season on the pitch was Wimbledon away. We've come close but I don't think any performance since has been actually worse than that. We absolutely showed nothing for even a single minute of that game

I think it started in the 90th minute at Accrington, 4-0 up and cruising and almost lost.

However the facts are we have 10 points in the last 11 games since Gav took charge, before that with a depleted squad we had 11 points in 11, so we can agree no real improvement.
The irony was we had a bit of the new coach bounce, but it has got increasingly shit under Gav for the last few games (second half at Mansfield being the exception).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11899 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 13:02:28 »

But my son did have what he calls "the best ever burger" in the Argentinian place down from the tube station. So at least there was that!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #11900 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 13:24:17 »

But my son did have what he calls "the best ever burger" in the Argentinian place down from the tube station. So at least there was that!
Yeah, the Peri Chicken place just outside the ground was bloody good too!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #11901 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 13:25:28 »

I think part of the problem is that if he started the hard sell for ST renewals he would (quite rightly) get a lot of negative responses. I think the hope was things would pick up after January and they could use that as a promise that things would get better, the fact that it is equally as bad (if not worse) has somewhat scuppered that plan.

I’ve heard a vague rumour that they are talking to potential new managers, so maybe that’s what they are hoping will encourage some to renew. Unless it’s a blow your socks off appointment (which it’s not going to be is it) then I think they are going to be very disappointed

I imagine it'll be 3000 season ticket next year regardless of who the manager is. Those like myself are disillusioned and won't renew, then people like my dad who will always go no matter not will renew. I think we have around 3000 in that latter bracket.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11902 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 13:52:23 »

I imagine it'll be 3000 season ticket next year regardless of who the manager is. Those like myself are disillusioned and won't renew, then people like my dad who will always go no matter not will renew. I think we have around 3000 in that latter bracket.
Definately this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11903 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 14:05:24 »

That would still be quite a statement from the fans though, a 4 figure drop off would be huge both in terms of club income and a vote of no confidence in the ownership.

I just look forward to the select group of self proclaimed ‘super fans’ criticising us all for not renewing saying we aren’t ‘true’ fans.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #11904 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 14:09:04 »

That would still be quite a statement from the fans though, a 4 figure drop off would be huge both in terms of club income and a vote of no confidence in the ownership.

I just look forward to the select group of self proclaimed ‘super fans’ criticising us all for not renewing saying we aren’t ‘true’ fans.

But what does it change?

The owners gut expenditure even further, the playing budget is slashed, we end up non league. Not great for anyone really is it. Doesn't make the club any more attractive to new owners either.

Its for everyone to make their own decision, but it doesn't force the owners to sell.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11905 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 14:35:42 »

Doing nothing changes nothing
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11906 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 14:51:43 »

But what does it change?

The owners gut expenditure even further, the playing budget is slashed, we end up non league. Not great for anyone really is it. Doesn't make the club any more attractive to new owners either.

Its for everyone to make their own decision, but it doesn't force the owners to sell.
Well I’d argue any money people spend on the club isn’t going into the playing budget anyway as it’s clear it’s almost non existent. All paying money to the club is doing is subsidising one of Morfuni’s failing businesses. If he doesn’t have the income to cover costs then he’ll have to sell or put the club in admin eventually so it will force the issue. I’d rather it’s sorted one way or another now rather than a slow painful demise.

Previously you said we should all still attend matches and protest during them? I couldn’t think of anything of a more ridiculous idea, so we all stump up £400 again for a season ticket again just to allow us to protest during games? I’m not going to give money to an ownership I despise and the owners aren’t going to give a shit about protests if people are effectively paying them to for the privilege of protesting.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #11907 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 14:58:45 »

Doing nothing changes nothing

Doing something doesn't always drive change for the good.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11908 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 15:00:29 »

Was speaking to a couple of TEF'rs about this very thing last week.

I think (hope) we are getting to endgame.

God I hope so. And not just to Chris Kielys wife, Michael Standings dog walker, Zav Austins laundry assistant or Adam Harts drug smuggler.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11909 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 15:03:28 »

Already seen it. Already had 'loyal' jibes on here even for saying I'm done with the club until the crooks go.
Pages: 1 ... 791 792 793 [794] 795 796 797 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: