Pages: 1 ... 765 766 767 [768] 769 770 771 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1228054 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11505 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 12:08:00 »

This is probably old news, but I was talking to a former Trust member about Michael Doughty and basically his involvement in the club (which included stocking Hylo products in the club shop) was all thanks to Rob Angus. Once Rob left/was pushed, anything progressive with Doughts was a non-starter.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11506 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 12:25:16 »

Dear EFL, do you accept cash?
Tis a fair assumption they do as FIFA definately do, in brown envelopes preferably.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11507 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 12:27:13 »

This is probably old news, but I was talking to a former Trust member about Michael Doughty and basically his involvement in the club (which included stocking Hylo products in the club shop) was all thanks to Rob Angus. Once Rob left/was pushed, anything progressive with Doughts was a non-starter.
Cheers BO I was unaware that this was the case, and such a shame as Doughts is probably one of the few ex players of ours that has the wealth to make a difference if he were to invest at some point.

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #11508 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 12:36:31 »

Who's taking bets on being late with the accounts? The EFL must have Clem's number on speed dial at this point...

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11509 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 12:43:02 »

Our current CFO is with us because she was no longer needed at Axis once they liquidated it to avoid paying a big creditor, right?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11510 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 12:43:23 »

Who's taking bets on being late with the accounts? The EFL must have Clem's number on speed dial at this point...
Thats an absolute given isnt it.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11511 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 12:46:31 »

What’s the point in filing late? You know you still have to file them and you know you’ll get shit for not doing it on time.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #11512 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 12:49:21 »

What’s the point in filing late? You know you still have to file them and you know you’ll get shit for not doing it on time.

Maybe they can't afford to pay the accountants to do them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #11513 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 12:50:30 »

The cynical among us may think it’s because if they file them now some fans will be able to see them & question them without them having been sanitised by the funfair company Wink
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11514 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 12:55:49 »

Well, yes. But they still have to file the unadulterated accounts some time and get the examination and comments by said fans anyway.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #11515 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 12:55:55 »

According to the EFL an "‘inadvertent breach" rightttttttttttttttt.

Obviously, it's not like Clem was claiming to be 100% owner in the months prior to it popping up on companies house. Glad the EFL bought it, last thing we'd need is a more severe punishment

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #11516 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 13:00:30 »

Well, yes. But they still have to file the unadulterated accounts some time and get the examination and comments by said fans anyway.

There isn't really any benefit to them filing late as I can see. I think they are just absolutely useless and continue to make no effort to show fans that they are approaching any sort of competency level required to run a business.

Whilst the pictures shared online about the dirty clock, amateurish fixture stand, broken club shop board etc are minor, it's a bit of a sad state of affairs and does sum up to me how badly run the club is in it's current incumbents.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #11517 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 13:01:58 »

Obviously, it's not like Clem was claiming to be 100% owner in the months prior to it popping up on companies house. Glad the EFL bought it, last thing we'd need is a more severe punishment

Super sleuth Jason Lane stated Clem is only a 68% owner as he gifted Kiely 10% of shares. I'm not certain though what that fella says is worth taking any notice for all the excellent due diligence he claims to be doing.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11518 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 13:03:13 »

"Rob Angus and Greg Norman did a fantastic job for the club during their time here, but since their exit we have identified a number of inefficient and broken processes that have made it more difficult to determine accurate accounts.  Anthony Hall has been hard at work getting to the bottom of the financial situation and ensuring we prepared our Accounts, which has taken a little longer as a result"

Of course, the reality is that the Accounts are for a period that ended on 31st May 2023.  9 Months ago!  The fact they are even a little bit late would be a concern, but this is repeated behaviour from Axis/Clem I think, which does beg the question as to why?  Two possible reasons I guess - people are so fucking inept that it's too bloody difficult for them to prepare basic financial statements, or they need time to organise things in a way as to avoid risk when publishing them.  They become part of the public record once given to Companies House - you want them to be relied upon if you ever need to make a case to HMRC or the Courts for example.

They make a good case that it's the former in everything else they do, but you also can't rule out the latter unfortunately.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11519 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 13:05:21 »

I'm not sure where that extra 10% to Chris Kiely has come from, I can't see that on Companies House which still lists Clem through Axis Football Investments/Bethany/Hollie in their known splits as the owners of Swindon Reds Ltd which owns Seebeck 87 and Seebeck as 100% owner of the football club. Have I missed something?
« Last Edit: Monday, March 4, 2024, 13:07:50 by Nemo » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 765 766 767 [768] 769 770 771 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: