Pages: 1 ... 761 762 763 [764] 765 766 767 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1229860 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #11445 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 13:41:19 »

Genuinely feel like the club is dying before our eyes and no one is doing anything about it.

Doing my best! Think I was the only fan yesterday wearing an orange hat, much to the disgust of a fan behind me in the Franchise game. He hasn’t spoke to me since. He’s 100% pro Morfuni and won’t have a word against him. If this is you in D5U in The DRS I’m happy to have a friendly debate so what’s the problem?
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #11446 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 13:48:03 »

Precisely how I feel. I always said to myself I’d support through thick and thin, but when you feel like you are part of the problem putting money into the club like I now do it’s time to stop. If my not contributing serves in even a minuscule way to starve this regime out, then I don’t have a choice.

Used to be a day out, meet your mates pre match beers and try to enjoy the game whatever the result. But you are right, we are also responsible because we put our cash upfront because of all the promises made by Morfuni and Aberdeen at the start of the season. The only way I’ll renew is if the club is sold to owners that have no connection to Morfuni, Power et al.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11447 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 13:50:01 »

I reckon at the moment we do have around 7000 die hards which could dip rapidly next season if things don’t improve.

Well Jim, I’m going to challenge you on that.

We have circa 5k season tickets meaning 2k walk ups. It is easier to vote with your wallet as a walk up. Once you commit to a ST that’s it you’ve in for the, er, season.

Currently we look like being on track for our worst ever league finish. I reckon somewhere between 1/3 - 1/4 will vote with their pocket.

So if it is the lower amount that works out to roughly £725,000 in lost gate receipts plus concession spending.

That figure could be more, could be less. Either way a lot of money.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 13:53:29 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #11448 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 14:06:10 »

Used to be a day out, meet your mates pre match beers and try to enjoy the game whatever the result. But you are right, we are also responsible because we put our cash upfront because of all the promises made by Morfuni and Aberdeen at the start of the season. The only way I’ll renew is if the club is sold to owners that have no connection to Morfuni, Power et al.

I’m not a season ticketer, but if I was, no chance would I renew. Get rid of that Aussie bellend and they can have my walk up money back.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11449 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 14:21:06 »

All this feels like Morfuni’s empire is burning down around him. With so many red flags there is a very real danger any money that goes into the club (season tickets etc) is just going to be used to prop up his empire for a short while longer.

Going to be a real interesting first few months for the Trust’s new board and whether they endorse people renewing or recommend people maintain a watching brief before committing.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11450 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 14:22:05 »

Well Jim, I’m going to challenge you on that.

We have circa 5k season tickets meaning 2k walk ups. It is easier to vote with your wallet as a walk up. Once you commit to a ST that’s it you’ve in for the, er, season.

Currently we look like being on track for our worst ever league finish. I reckon somewhere between 1/3 - 1/4 will vote with their pocket.

So if it is the lower amount that works out to roughly £725,000 in lost gate receipts plus concession spending.

That figure could be more, could be less. Either way a lot of money.

If things get much worse next season I agree numbers will drop even more but still think with away fans we would still average around 7000 but I may be wrong. It has happened fairly recently but with a big expanding Town things would have to be pretty dire for it to happen.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiW3dDmpNiEAxVOUUEAHaJ6CggQFnoECA4QAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.transfermarkt.co.uk%2Fswindon-town%2Fbesucherzahlenentwicklung%2Fverein%2F352&usg=AOvVaw2k2duwVAnExRGmcNVl1z2r&opi=89978449

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11451 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 14:29:24 »

Wasn't that long ago when the good feeling was there and we were in the false dawn stage we were getting 10k home fans some games vs some unattractive opposition. Not even like we were storming the league.

If that doesn't say something about potential of the club to prospective buyers then I don't know what will.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11452 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 14:30:59 »

Wasn't that long ago when the good feeling was there and we were in the false dawn stage we were getting 10k home fans some games vs some unattractive opposition. Not even like we were storming the league.

If that doesn't say something about potential of the club to prospective buyers then I don't know what will.

Spot on Clap

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11453 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 14:31:12 »

I recon when push comes to shove that figure will be more like 500 lost. It's all guesswork of course but we seem to have a more resilient fan base than the club deserve.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11454 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 14:38:22 »

Fans tend to drift away, but it's hard to get them back.  The drop in attendances has already started, with the likely bums on seat number lower than the recorded number for the match.  Assuming many of those who are not showing up own a season ticket, as well as reduced walk-ups, then whoever is prepping our budget for next season should be worried.

The Clem stuff is not a surprise, it was obvious when the Aussie firm went under so soon after a friend took the helm for him.  The revelation about the UK company does add some flavour though, given his statements that the UK company dissolving was all just a company re-jig.  Anyone thinking the guy is an honest man should pay attention.  The trail left here is a clear series of purposeful acts to try and stitch up suppliers and cover his arse.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11455 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 14:44:07 »

What happened to this.

‘ But the sweeping changes won't just apply to wannabe owners, the hierarchies at all the clubs in the country's top five leagues will need to obtain a new licence to stay in control. The new rules will be implemented by a government-run regulator funded by a tax imposed on teams annually, although bigger clubs will pay more than their smaller counterparts, it was added.

It will be the regulator's job to ensure all club owners' finances are legitimate, and make sure they are deemed to be "fit and proper custodians." And following the Super League farce last season, the regulator will be given the power to stop owners from creating "breakaway leagues", to prevent a similar fiasco.’
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #11456 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 15:29:12 »

I’m not a season ticketer, but if I was, no chance would I renew. Get rid of that Aussie bellend and they can have my walk up money back.

Oh dear - I’m sure Clem will be worried that a non season ticket holder has decided not to renew
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #11457 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 15:36:13 »

Problem is there’s 7000 that will🤣

I don't think this is true - there are 3500 hardcore ST holders that will go whatever the situation, then there are another 1500 that will buy if the situation of the club is worth it, but a good chunk of them will fall away if it isn't. Then there is between 2000 - 4000 paying customers that will attend based on various reasons, one of those reasons being how the club is being run.

In short, if next season goes like this one or worse, i expect crowds to be between 4000 and 6000 depending on the game and situation, time of year/opposition etc.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11458 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 15:42:10 »

No way will we drop to 4000. Absolutely none.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11459 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 15:53:01 »

I don't think this is true - there are 3500 hardcore ST holders that will go whatever the situation, then there are another 1500 that will buy if the situation of the club is worth it, but a good chunk of them will fall away if it isn't. Then there is between 2000 - 4000 paying customers that will attend based on various reasons, one of those reasons being how the club is being run.

In short, if next season goes like this one or worse, i expect crowds to be between 4000 and 6000 depending on the game and situation, time of year/opposition etc.

What’s baffling is why aren’t the hardcore season ticket holders venting their anger at games🤔

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 763 [764] 765 766 767 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: