Pages: 1 ... 749 750 751 [752] 753 754 755 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1228269 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11265 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 18:25:23 »

A consortium consisting of Dennis Bergkamp, Henrik Larsson, Dirk Kurt, Ronald Koeman and Phillip Cocu are looking to buy a club in England 🚨
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #11266 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 18:31:27 »

Well that'll go with the orange hats.

Never knowingly overstated.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11267 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 19:31:33 »

Children having their own turnstile? Where has that come from?

It was the clubs answer to how to avoid the deluge of Jimmy Crankie types.  Can't remember if it was an answer to a question at the Fans Forum or the AB, but it's come from the club.  I imagine it's not going to happen though, just like the issue itself is a PR exercise excuse rather than something to be focused on.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11268 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 19:55:36 »

A consortium consisting of Dennis Bergkamp, Henrik Larsson, Dirk Kurt, Ronald Koeman and Phillip Cocu are looking to buy a club in England 🚨

Please god. If you're out there.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #11269 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 00:02:11 »

It was the clubs answer to how to avoid the deluge of Jimmy Crankie types.  Can't remember if it was an answer to a question at the Fans Forum or the AB, but it's come from the club.  I imagine it's not going to happen though, just like the issue itself is a PR exercise excuse rather than something to be focused on.

Found it, it was in the AB for December.

"The club is actively looking at clamping down on people using wrong tickets i.e at last game
they found at least 20 people using children's tickets when they were adults etc.. it was
suggested that potentially specific turnstiles could be used for Adults & Children. To help
resolve this issue."

To me this reads that they are suggesting that one turnstile be used for adults with children, not children having their own turnstile.  You would think that the stewards could just check each ticket though to resolve the issue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #11270 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 08:44:00 »

All very well, but the ticket scanners weren’t working in the DRS where we went in last night so effectively no checks at all
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11271 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 09:01:22 »

All very well, but the ticket scanners weren’t working in the DRS where we went in last night so effectively no checks at all

Skidata, who installed the system are a competitor to my wife’s company. They predominantly instal car parking equipment but dabble in other arenas like yes the turnstile system at the CG. Not dissimilar to the car parking systems work TBF. Now in keeping with the way these things work, initially there would have been a maintenance contract built into the original installation for a period of, whatever. See where this is going?

After that initial agreement runs out there is an option to negotiate another maintenance agreement a favourable rates or… you can have an adhoc situation where you pay as you go but at a much higher call out rate and parts are not at any favourable rates either. What do you think we have?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11272 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 09:16:02 »

Neither
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11273 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 09:24:43 »

Accounts due by tomorrow  Smiley
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #11274 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:45:27 »

I watched from home yesterday, i'm fascinated by how people gained access to the DRS if the scanners weren't working...

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11275 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:47:21 »

My mate was asked "how do we know that this is this years Season Ticket" - there are no dates on ours. "That's the clubs problem". They were fine about it, just amused me - the manual backup when the system goes down must be a nightmare!

Suspect somebody cocked up database validation expiry date or marked them "used" for that game - or however the expiry is calculated (hopefully the card is just a barcode).

Maintenance contracts aside.

I watched from home yesterday, i'm fascinated by how people gained access to the DRS if the scanners weren't working...

MKI eyeball check and turnstyle unlock override by operator. I *think* it was just STs that weren't working.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:52:53 by Batch » Logged
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #11276 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:53:19 »

MKI eyeball check and turnstyle unlock override by operator.
If you wanted to validate that there are more than 20 people getting in on the wrong tickets, that's a good opportunity in my eyes. Assuming the stadium manager etc knew it was happening

BOOO Batch edited his post so i seem insane.

If only ST's - fine.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:58:06 by bennett » Logged

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #11277 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:54:46 »

Showing the ticket to the operative who had a quick look then let me through.
'Permission expired' or similar error msg when scanning my ST.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #11278 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:58:27 »

Showing the ticket to the operative who had a quick look then let me through.
'Permission expired' or similar error msg when scanning my ST.
Thanks!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #11279 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 11:23:04 »

The operator just pressed a button to let you in.
There was a young girl on mine who wasn’t really looking at tickets, in fact was more interested in what was on her phone
Pages: 1 ... 749 750 751 [752] 753 754 755 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: