Pages: 1 ... 739 740 741 [742] 743 744 745 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227522 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11115 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 01:11:18 »

It's posts like this that are the real problem, it's ok if people have different views to you.  Everyone has a different perspective on whats going on.

However, they’re not allowed to express them? In any way?
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #11116 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 01:23:29 »

My family sit near him in the ground, he is obsessed with Able and convinced they're coming to buy us - allegedly they've been in constant dialogue to buy us and every time a deal is nearly done Clem up's the asking price
I called him out when I said power was a front for able and that money they lent came from Keith cousins

He then said it was bullshit until I showed him the court article and he hasn’t said anything since soapy tit wank

Ignore
« Reply #11117 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 02:25:56 »

Half time whistle I deemed it fit to let my feelings known along with a few others around me, but in equal measure there were the happy clappers applauding the players off, cue the inevitable arguments amongst supporters, one of which called me out for wearing a orange hat whilst giving me a lecture on how Clem saved us. These fans will still be clapping when we inevitably get relegated next season, not sure if I have it in me to fight on anymore, I just don’t understand how so many fans still are 100% behind Morfuni.

The 100% factor has destroyed me a bit. Despite everything that has been said and done by the owners it's not even knocking a few % off.

Like chalkywhite im done with it for now. i wanted to kick up a fuss for when clem was it town and the forum did a lot of that. there is nothing else really now, this season will fizzle out and we will get new promises given out ready for season tickets.

im checking results and will have a read on here but thats me done for this season. no point getting annoyed at the team when 2/3rds wont be here next year anyway. the damage is done for this season you would hope.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11118 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 07:21:46 »

Half time whistle I deemed it fit to let my feelings known along with a few others around me, but in equal measure there were the happy clappers applauding the players off, cue the inevitable arguments amongst supporters, one of which called me out for wearing a orange hat whilst giving me a lecture on how Clem saved us. These fans will still be clapping when we inevitably get relegated next season, not sure if I have it in me to fight on anymore, I just don’t understand how so many fans still are 100% behind Morfuni.

I’ve said it plenty of times before & I’ll say it again.

A lot of people will support Clem because he’s the only game in Town, it’s a one horse.

Until there is a publicly know investor or investors saying they want to buy the club and what they wish to do with the club going forward - support will not falter enough…

At the moment it’s Clem vs No one.
It needs to Clem vs Someone who can take the club forward.

ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #11119 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 07:22:39 »

I called him out when I said power was a front for able and that money they lent came from Keith cousins

He then said it was bullshit until I showed him the court article and he hasn’t said anything since soapy tit wank

I do think the original 2019 edition of Able were 'the' Able, but yeah by the end, it definitely didn't seem that way.

I notice that Bill Keravuori, who was the main name from the original Able bid, his wife is investing $100mn into a Boston Women's football team which looks to include Able building the stadium.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11120 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 08:21:31 »

The 100% factor has destroyed me a bit. Despite everything that has been said and done by the owners it's not even knocking a few % off.

Like chalkywhite im done with it for now. i wanted to kick up a fuss for when clem was it town and the forum did a lot of that. there is nothing else really now, this season will fizzle out and we will get new promises given out ready for season tickets.

im checking results and will have a read on here but thats me done for this season. no point getting annoyed at the team when 2/3rds wont be here next year anyway. the damage is done for this season you would hope.
So you’re saying that fans that turn up to watch their team are supporting Clem? I don’t give a flying fuck about Clem but I do give a flying fuck about my team. You can support one without the other.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #11121 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 08:22:02 »

However, they’re not allowed to express them? In any way?

I quoted a specific part of the post.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #11122 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 10:17:55 »

I went to AFC Wimbledon rather than the CG yesterday.  I felt like a street urchin who had found himself in a luxury pad.  And, unlike MKs gross, 80% empty Wanklestad, it was 90% full (apart from the Morecambe end).  They plan an extension too.

Wide, modern and well lit concourses, loads of well staffed, accessible food and drink outlets inc. beer (some actual machines to serve your own Guinness), outdoor areas in which to congregate on warmer days, plenty of clean loos, any number of screens of varying size showing Sky football etc.  The kind of venue where you can turn up an hour before the match and relax with friends and SPEND money.  A decent pitch too - albeit there is no undersoil heating.

The ground is 100% owned by a Fans' Trust and the club's company ownership is fan based with, I believe 80%+ control of voting rights and 3,000 members or so.  The club does face financial pressure with loans on the building costs of the Ground, of course and that limits its playing budget.

I fear that if ever we do develop our ground, whether under Clem or A.N. Other, STFC will end up burdened with a club-destroying debt for a construction process that will have profited its owners and sidekicks.  Not that there is any talk or prospect of developing the CG anyway from a club that has virtually zero 1st team coaching and a disintegrating pitch.

I'm not (yet) sold on fan ownership and I had really thought STFC may have found a way with private ownership and a Trust shadow board.  But there is clearly a cancer in the ownership of STFC that can only be removed by clearing out the whole of the obtuse, existing framework.  Morfuni is simply not up to the job.  Excuse the political analogy but, for me the affectionate "Clem" moniker has worn as thin as the "Boris" moniker for Johnson.  You need more substance, a lot more, to head a football club or country successfully.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11123 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 10:19:19 »

Funnily enough we had a couple of Wimbledon chants going yesterday  Smiley
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #11124 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 10:27:49 »

Funnily enough we had a couple of Wimbledon chants going yesterday  Smiley
Swindon were Dons' second team for the day yesterday but we let them down as well as ourselves.  Back to my own hovel for Tuesday.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11125 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 10:54:21 »

Someone on twitter said they heard a rumour that club shop was going online only, and was being turned into a restaurant?!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11126 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 10:58:54 »

Mmmmm! Shirt and chips for 2 please with a side order of double bullshit.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11127 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 11:01:40 »

Applauding the players isn’t supporting Clem. Directing anger at the team isn’t the way to go.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #11128 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 11:05:30 »

Someone on twitter said they heard a rumour that club shop was going online only, and was being turned into a restaurant?!

I am not ITK at all on most things, but I have also heard this from someone close to the club.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11129 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 11:53:29 »

wtaf
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 741 [742] 743 744 745 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: