Pages: 1 ... 729 730 731 [732] 733 734 735 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1230078 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #10965 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 10:06:26 »

Ah.

I guess there is a fine line in transparency between what you pass on and don't. You simply can't pass on everything.

A one off resolved thing not contributing to EFL issues would be a very different from an unresolved or continual issue. IMO.

It should howeever set the spidey senses tingling when added to the weight of other issues.

My point is that the rent Q. concerns the Trust as well as STFC.  Many of us are members of the Trust and are entitled to know how the Agreement is operating.  What STFC want to disclose appears, imo, beside the point.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #10966 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 12:36:36 »

I'm not sure how the JV works, yes it's 50/50 and there is a board, but who is secretary and I assume they have to produce accounts which is due to the secretary, when are they due ?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10967 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 14:49:46 »

Mmmmm
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10968 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 15:03:00 »

Mmmmm

For fuck sake.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10969 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 15:09:05 »

BUT ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CLUB!!!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10970 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 15:14:02 »

That is from last year, I posted a link to an article from the person running the Academy Coaching which made it very clear STFC were behind it, that it wasn't a "proper football club" and was a way of getting talent Visa's to move away.  This is simply more detail about the process, which clearly involved teaching them English so they are ready to get their UK scholarship.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10971 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 16:30:13 »

I'm sorry but Clem isn't just incompetent. Can we put this to bed now?

He's a fucking liar. Its plain and simple.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10972 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 16:45:44 »

Doncaster fall foul of the same thing we did and are now under the same/similar embargo conditions we are. It will be interesting to see if (m)any more clubs fall foul.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #10973 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 16:51:26 »

Doncaster fall foul of the same thing we did and are now under the same/similar embargo conditions we are. It will be interesting to see if (m)any more clubs fall foul.

Yeah, and then sign a goalkeeper on loan
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10974 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 17:18:01 »

I was looking for where the club has stated it didn't cost them anything, July 22 advisory board was one occasion.

Also said Adam Hart takes strength and conditioning. I wonder what we pay him. Says he's there to reduce injuries.....how did that go that season?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #10975 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 17:20:36 »

Also said Adam Hart takes strength and conditioning. I wonder what we pay him. Says he's there to reduce injuries.....how did that go that season?

No broken kneecaps...yet

I come from a land down-under
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #10976 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 11:00:53 »

I thought Garners interview pre Newport was quite interesting.

It just reconfirmed what a lot of us have said in that something went wrong after that first season. It seems so very odd that Clem had a season where he left it to Chorley and Garner and from nothing it went pretty well, to 'Clem' deciding to change the entire footballing side of the club. It seems pretty obvious to me that someone has forced Clems hand there honestly, as Clem otherwise has consistently sounded quite hands off on the footballing side (Austin an exception).

Someone fucked off Chorley, and that undermined the Garner relationship as well. I assume this is Kiely.

It was also the first i had heard that Lindsey was going to Charlton as well, clearly delayed by Sandros in depth multi week search for a new head coach!!!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10977 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 11:52:32 »

it went pretty well, to 'Clem' deciding to change the entire footballing side of the club. It seems pretty obvious to me that someone has forced Clems hand there honestly, as Clem otherwise has consistently sounded quite hands off on the footballing side (Austin an exception).

Or finances have?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #10978 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 11:56:16 »

Or finances have?

Maybe, but we were under strict sanctions that first season. We couldn't pay fees, our wages were capped etc. Its possible we have cut down even more since then i guess, but it wasn't like we were splashing the cash.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10979 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 12:33:09 »

Maybe, but we were under strict sanctions that first season. We couldn't pay fees, our wages were capped etc. Its possible we have cut down even more since then i guess, but it wasn't like we were splashing the cash.

That's true. There is the other side in that we need to generate more revenue to cut the deficit, and they though going all out polishing the discarded and broken would yield it.

(lets ignore the darker alternative possibilities for now).  Not sure its a great tactic, and as a fan its too far.
==
To argue against my own point, the first year we made a very small profit. The Man City game and playoffs helped of course - what 500K. Yes costs have increased through inflation, but even so...

So maybe your point is right...
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 731 [732] 733 734 735 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: