Pages: 1 ... 712 713 714 [715] 716 717 718 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227397 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10710 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 13:44:49 »

The difference in two of the three (I believe) is that Carlisle and Gills were actually put up for sale? Not sure about Walsall.

STFC are not for sale (actively apparently) and Clem will want to see a return, I don't think the people selling those two clubs got an great return?

To be fair I never did any research on the club sales, just picked 3 relatively unglamorous clubs that have recently changed hands.

I don't think many people would argue that if Clem was to put the club up for sale we wouldn't be an attractive prospect, on paper at least. Not 'officially' being up for sale doesn't mean that there won't be people having a look, I just find the statement 'who would actually buy STFC' a bit mystifying personally.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10711 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 13:53:56 »

If a new owner needs to rely on the existing owner to leave money in the club... surely we would not want that new owner.
Any one who would make a purchase would want to get these chancers out of the business as soon as possible
Not letting them soil it further.
I think this is the big worry... who the hell would buy STFC?
Bit like sticking pins in your eyes and paying for the experience.

If its the fans or a fan, we'd take it.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10712 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 13:55:04 »

Random thought. I saw the club put out some Twitter stuff about the concerts in the summer, I wonder how ticket sales are going for this?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10713 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 13:55:58 »

Man Utd went to the Glazers in a Leveraged Buyout, what DV is suggesting is more than possible, and nothing to be worried about provided it is well documented.  It's certainly a way a fans Trust could get a deal done for example.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10714 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 13:59:41 »

Perhaps (and maybe I have rose tinted glasses on still) the Trust are working with people and it's why they are deathly silent when it comes to answering questions. I do think now is the time that we do begin to see a different route forward. Unfortunately the Trust have lost a lot of goodwill and so maybe are reticent to get behind an alternative.

I was hoping this but lets be honest, the trust is a walking zombie until new board members are appointed.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10715 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 14:02:23 »

Random thought. I saw the club put out some Twitter stuff about the concerts in the summer, I wonder how ticket sales are going for this?

I have absolutely no doubt that they're selling like shite as predicted.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10716 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 14:05:22 »

I have absolutely no doubt that they're selling like shite as predicted.

Probably had to give Kinsella away to pay the fee for Moyles.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10717 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 14:06:31 »

I'm wondering if Bathford thinks time is running out on the Jan transfer window as he seemed hopeful Clem would sort it out, but as predicted by most, its becoming another absolute abortion of a window.  

We're in the dystopian end game right now.
Gloucester Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10718 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 15:42:52 »

As the trust are perceived to be the mouthpiece for the club (not sure they can be talking direct to the owner because who is the owner?)…..
Ask them to ask the “owner” why Michael Doughty suddenly upped and left?
Lots of talk south of Swindon that he was asked to put money into the club but stated he only would by buying the club outright and taking over- this apparently caused ructions amongst the good honest owner/people acting as club custodians all for the good of the supporters and making us sustainable (bullshit)….
Only talk but would be interesting to find out……..
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #10719 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 15:45:59 »

As the trust are perceived to be the mouthpiece for the club (not sure they can be talking direct to the owner because who is the owner?)…..
Ask them to ask the “owner” why Michael Doughty suddenly upped and left?
Lots of talk south of Swindon that he was asked to put money into the club but stated he only would by buying the club outright and taking over- this apparently caused ructions amongst the good honest owner/people acting as club custodians all for the good of the supporters and making us sustainable (bullshit)….
Only talk but would be interesting to find out……..

No offence to you, but this is kind of the problem with everything STFC at the moment. So many people are sharing anything they hear, or making all sorts of crap up at every possible turn. Anything anti the current ownership and 90% of people will believe it because it fits with their view of whats going on.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10720 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 15:54:05 »

Nothing about Doughty's post Swindon life suggests even a hint at a person wanting to get involved in running a football club.  I can see him having retained an affection for  the club and getting involved when he did because it also seemed to have a link to his product.  I imagine it didn't take long for him to work out he was wasting his time (he had run out of bike racks unfortunately) and run a mile.
Gloucester Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10721 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 16:03:52 »

I did state it was “only talk” and I agree there are more rumours and sub plots than you can shake a shitty stick at…
However, forget the “he saved our club” claptrap- what is there at the moment that gives even the slightest hint of positivity coming out of (a) the club (b) Morfuni himself that people believe?
To be a liar you need to be a good liar and Morfuni continually trips over himself with his lies.
I forgot, it was an error on my part, it was a genuine mistake- bollocks…….
16 more non renewals down here next season (some of us coming up to nearly 50 seasons)…. Away trips only until the criminal element are gone entirely.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10722 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 16:19:57 »

I find it hard to believe Doughty would have been interested in buying us.

Would love him to, but can't see it.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10723 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 17:18:29 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68086112

Newport have new owners also.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #10724 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 17:36:22 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68086112

Newport have new owners also.
Those figures certainly don’t add up when compared to ours.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 714 [715] 716 717 718 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: