Pages: 1 ... 678 679 680 [681] 682 683 684 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227796 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10200 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 13:45:07 »

You're confusing it with our transfer policy.

Everything is decaying.

So, give no fucks
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #10201 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 13:57:15 »

Everything is decaying.
sure is decaying until clem ,flynn and hatswell go we will just keep dropping to we leave the league  altogether.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10202 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 14:16:08 »

I’ll ask this one again.

What is the best outcome for the club in the Power/Standing case? And how would whoever wins affect the club.

I think it would be Standing winning, because Power would be liable to pay him back some money and he may find that easier than the drip drip effort at STFC.  The fact Standing let Clem take over without resolving his own ownership situation always seemed a bit weird.

If Power wins, then the ownership situation becomes clear - he sold it to Clem on paper, done.  Problem may be that the associated parties end-up out of pocket if that happens, so they need more returns before letting go.

I could be way off the mark though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10203 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 14:25:30 »

nobody knows which decade the case is due to be heard. frustrating
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #10204 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 14:37:06 »

I’ll ask this one again.

What is the best outcome for the club in the Power/Standing case? And how would whoever wins affect the club.
As it's a matter between two parties that aren't Swindon Town Football Club, it shouldn't directly impact the club legally. Only impact is going to be points deduction due to a party putting funds into the club that they weren't allowed to do so. I think this happens regardless of who wins the case.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10205 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 14:46:03 »

If Standing wins it proves the FA charges against us without them really having to do much else.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #10206 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 16:59:17 »

As it's a matter between two parties that aren't Swindon Town Football Club, it shouldn't directly impact the club legally. Only impact is going to be points deduction due to a party putting funds into the club that they weren't allowed to do so. I think this happens regardless of who wins the case.

it would be interesting to know what  the outcomes could be . it seems that no one has much of an idea
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #10207 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 17:21:55 »

I've just sat and written all of the 2024 fixtures into my new diary and it occurred to me that I've never wished for a season to end this early in my life! An utterly depressing league at the best of times, and it is fair to say that these are anything but.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #10208 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 17:26:36 »

Season stopped in September for me. Been to one game since, withdrawn sponsorhip and season tickets given to friends every week. I enjoy absolutely nothing about going to the games anymore
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10209 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 18:26:14 »

….whilst the above is likely true - it’s a massive part of the problem.

The people taking over football clubs just seem to fancy taking over football clubs. There are no links there or as far as I can see there is particular reason why these people pick Carlisle.

IF there are interest parties out there (and I’m extremely doubtful) if they the club aren’t playing ball - they probably just move onto the next club.

IF they did want Swindon - then getting your face over social media, on the back of the adver, on the forums would be the best thing to do because then people can actually see there is an alternative. People will have to pick a side. It will gain traction - it’s ironically exactly what Clem did went on the charm offensive.

….because unless you’ve got deep insider knowledge (and you haven’t) any going Town fan does not see an alternative to Clem.

People can call Clem a cunt all they want on here. People can all the fans who aren’t calling him a cunt  cucks as much as they want but it achieves nothing because what is the alternative? Where is the alternative?

Who do we get behind?

The trust should really be working on this.

Rumours the AZ Alkmaar owners were interested. Wonder if any attempt to contact them was made.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10210 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 18:39:27 »

The trust should really be working on this.

Rumours the AZ Alkmaar owners were interested. Wonder if any attempt to contact them was made.

They should certainly be spearheading any alternative option available and/or trying to seek out viable alternatives but that’s reliant on what skills & contacts they have - for example Bill Power came about because he knew Mark Devlin who had worked here…

I also expect - the Trust themselves (…and Trust members & fans) might be thinking once bitten, twice shy because that’s exactly what Clem did.

He was the alternative and we were so desperate for an alternative & it’s the same situation again - with zero guarantees the alternative would even be any better. Sure, a clean break would probably help but it might no difference or even make things worse….

In hindsight we were all so blinded by the fact Clem wasn’t Lee Power
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #10211 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 18:50:53 »

My biggest fear is signing a few players and everyone thinking that's resolved and clem is back in the good books
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10212 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 19:22:31 »

My biggest fear is signing a few players and everyone thinking that's resolved and clem is back in the good books

Some think it goes away with one win, we can't keep worrying the bottom of the barrel IQ Swindon fan online represent any sort of majority.

Back in the Diamandis days you wouldn't know these people existed, but I don't doubt they did.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10213 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 19:53:33 »

Some think it goes away with one win, we can't keep worrying the bottom of the barrel IQ Swindon fan online represent any sort of majority.

Back in the Diamandis days you wouldn't know these people existed, but I don't doubt they did.

Yeah the comments of ‘where are the moaners now we won today’ do my absolute fucking head in.

Always the same people aswell
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #10214 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 20:22:44 »

As I remember it a fair amount of the fan base thought the protesting against Diamandis/etc was unnecessarily rocking the boat ..I might be remembering it wrong though..im old

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 680 [681] 682 683 684 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: