Pages: 1 ... 677 678 679 [680] 681 682 683 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1230071 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10185 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 11:34:40 »

Derek is a great bloke, I was randomly sat with him on a train from Northampton to Coventry the last time we played them there, I was at Northampton for my wifes conference and thought I would take in the game while she was away.

We had a good chat about the old times and how he is still mates with Scott Endersby who runs a pub near Kettering.

If he stops going then we are in trouble, glad hes got over his bad Covid now.

Do you know the name of the pub? We're going on a brewery tour somewhere around there in a few weeks. It's a part of the county I'm unfamiliar with tbh.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10186 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 11:35:56 »

So this on FB yesterday.

Really???

We could still very much go down. I don't think we will, but it's a dangerous thing to be messing about with.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10187 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 11:41:06 »

Whilst on the subject of FB. Something I've seen recently, I think as some kind of odd defence of Morfuni, is that people are asking for evidence of people 'queueing' up to buy us. Not that I know a lot about football takeovers, but I imagine serious investors tend to do their business behind the scenes and have to sign NDAs etc which they are forensically going through the business.

They don't turn up as a group, have photos taken about the gaff announcing press releases that they are looking to buy the club. Interest HAS and continues to happen. Proper investors will need to leave no stone unturned at the club, unfortunately we've got more stones than most as well as court cases pending. It's a right Pandora's box of a club I imagine.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #10188 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 11:42:47 »

Was saying yesterday if the transfer window reflects the fact that we are just trying to finish in front of two other teams then I’m done.

I’m not expecting a raft of top signings, but something that suggests that we are at least trying to build for the future
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #10189 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 11:43:17 »

Whilst on the subject of FB. Something I've seen recently, I think as some kind of odd defence of Morfuni, is that people are asking for evidence of people 'queueing' up to buy us. Not that I know a lot about football takeovers, but I imagine serious investors tend to do their business behind the scenes and have to sign NDAs etc which they are forensically going through the business.

They don't turn up as a group, have photos taken about the gaff announcing press releases that they are looking to buy the club. Interest HAS and continues to happen. Proper investors will need to leave no stone unturned at the club, unfortunately we've got more stones than most as well as court cases pending. It's a right Pandora's box of a club I imagine.

They has been and will continue to be people interested, to some areas, the Middle East for example, buying an English football club is seen as cool and fashionable atm. Nobody will be interested with a few things still not quite clear as many have alluded to, there’s plenty of other clubs they can choose from.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10190 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 11:49:18 »

They has been and will continue to be people interested, to some areas, the Middle East for example, buying an English football club is seen as cool and fashionable atm. Nobody will be interested with a few things still not quite clear as many have alluded to, there’s plenty of other clubs they can choose from.

Recent clubs that have had new owners include Carlisle, Walsall and Gillingham. Despite our grim history behind the scenes we are an attractive proposition.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #10191 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 11:52:49 »

Recent clubs that have had new owners include Carlisle, Walsall and Gillingham. Despite our grim history behind the scenes we are an attractive proposition.

We won’t be until all the skeletons are out the closet and the court cases and FA charges are finished
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #10192 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 12:13:13 »

Was saying yesterday if the transfer window reflects the fact that we are just trying to finish in front of two other teams then I’m done.

I’m not expecting a raft of top signings, but something that suggests that we are at least trying to build for the future

I think that’s exactly what they’re planning, but my hope is that it is because they’ll race out of town as soon as the court case is done. I’ve no idea when it’ll be heard. This lot aren’t building for the future (or at least, not the club’s anyway).
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10193 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 12:23:43 »

Do you know the name of the pub? We're going on a brewery tour somewhere around there in a few weeks. It's a part of the county I'm unfamiliar with tbh.
No mate, the chat was 6 years ago and I can barely remember 6 days ago at the moment! Also he may not even still be running it after all these years I guess.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10194 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 12:26:24 »

….whilst the above is likely true - it’s a massive part of the problem.

The people taking over football clubs just seem to fancy taking over football clubs. There are no links there or as far as I can see there is particular reason why these people pick Carlisle.

IF there are interest parties out there (and I’m extremely doubtful) if they the club aren’t playing ball - they probably just move onto the next club.

IF they did want Swindon - then getting your face over social media, on the back of the adver, on the forums would be the best thing to do because then people can actually see there is an alternative. People will have to pick a side. It will gain traction - it’s ironically exactly what Clem did went on the charm offensive.

….because unless you’ve got deep insider knowledge (and you haven’t) any going Town fan does not see an alternative to Clem.

People can call Clem a cunt all they want on here. People can all the fans who aren’t calling him a cunt  cucks as much as they want but it achieves nothing because what is the alternative? Where is the alternative?

Who do we get behind?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10195 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 12:29:45 »

I know it’s a different world now but when we wanted Diamandis out and Bill Power was interested and PaulD was head of the Trust - they were both over the back of the Adver, they were at games.

I met Bill Power. A lot of us met Bill Power.
It made it extremely easy to pick a side
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10196 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 12:35:01 »

I’ll ask this one again.

What is the best outcome for the club in the Power/Standing case? And how would whoever wins affect the club.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #10197 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 13:14:36 »

We won’t be until all the skeletons are out the closet and the court cases and FA charges are finished

The trouble is, it isn’t a closet. It’s a full blown morgue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10198 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 13:18:53 »

With decaying bodies🤣

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10199 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 13:26:36 »

With decaying bodies🤣

You're confusing it with our transfer policy.
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 679 [680] 681 682 683 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: