Pages: 1 ... 645 646 647 [648] 649 650 651 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1229948 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9705 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 13:07:13 »

Sadly i completely disagree. He is gone. He was there to finish ultimately and he has missed so many easy chances this season. If he can't do that then he shouldn't be here.

He helps defensively at set pieces but thats about it. He can't win the ball up top anymore, he is so slow that he struggles to accept any little pass played forwards, it happened multiple times on Sat.

Sadly he could be getting paid 2k and he's not worth it at this point.

I hope this is his last contract. Though we need to sign 3 forwards in Jan already as it is!

Thing is, if you do through a shit spell at 24 you just go through a shit spell. If you do it at 34, everyone says you're shot.

Athletes just wake up one day and don't have it anymore, for some its their late 20s, some rare cases go on even in to their late 40s or early 50s (usually fight sports, Randy Couture, Bernard Hopkins, etc).

His time may have come, but there is a lot of evidence pointing towards that might not be the case with him dropping to deep, etc. But people might be looking at things that aren't there.

He runs the same as he did in his first spell here, like he shit himself and doing something weird with his arms.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #9706 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 13:15:26 »

Magical wish of the day: Stefan Persson lives in Ramsbury. Has $28bn. Loves football. Always hoped he'd get involved. I'd be happy with that.

Interesting point to add about Stefan Pearson is that he has recently injected £5.5mn into his Ramsbury Estates business on companies house. The logical conclusion is that it's to cover liabilities, but maybe just maybe, it's to use this as a vehicle for purchasing the club.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9707 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 13:19:50 »

Someone on Facebook has popped up saying the next owner will be Scandinavian. When asked if this something they've heard or just a prediction, no further details were provided.

Well it's something

He then said ask the trust, who haven't said anything.

Speaking of the trust, I did get a response after asking about the detailing from the accounts.....

"Hi Steve

Thanks for the note. First of all, let me start by saying that I completely understand the point you are making with these questions.

To answer, the financial exercise is not over, and the conversations are ongoing, and I spent the whole day yesterday working on something which I hope will help move this along.

We can't play much at all out in the public space because the public space has become a little unreasonable and anything that is said is taken in a negative way by some (I even got verbally abused by two foul-mouthed fans in front of my teenage son and other kids at the weekend)

More generally, it's good to remember that the Trust is made up of a cross-section of fans and that new people will need to join the Trust board in February. Personally, I want to close out my time with the Trust in the right way, pass on my experiences, and then we all need to work together, the club, the fans and the local media. We are also in a Joint Venture of course and that needs protecting.

Anyway, thanks again for contacting in a normal and reasonable way and asking the questions.

Let's hope 2024 brings some smiles back to our faces.

Regards,
Steve M."
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9708 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 13:23:38 »

Interesting point to add about Stefan Pearson is that he has recently injected £5.5mn into his Ramsbury Estates business on companies house. The logical conclusion is that it's to cover liabilities, but maybe just maybe, it's to use this as a vehicle for purchasing the club.

If ever I've wanted 2 and 2 to add up to make 4.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #9709 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 13:30:02 »

If ever I've wanted 2 and 2 to add up to make 4.
Absolutely, but my thought is why would any astute businessman want to pay a large amunt of money for a club who appear to be in a state on and off the field and who to seem to not be able to balance the books?

I think its a little more than "wishful thinking" I think its that old pie up in the sky.

If Clem and co sell us then it will be to another set of aquaintances who will do their best to bleed us dry.

Yes I am bitter with ALL our recent owners since Black.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #9710 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 13:30:13 »

Yea, billionaires aren't exactly known for their propensity to chuck their money into shitty little clubs like ours. We'll get moved along to another one of Clem's/Zav's/Kieley's mates, the gravy train of all the business side deals is too good to let go of.

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9711 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 13:32:48 »

Absolutely, but my thought is why would any astute businessman want to pay a large amunt of money for a club who appear to be in a state on and off the field and who to seem to not be able to balance the books?

I think its a little more than "wishful thinking" I think its that old pie up in the sky.

If Clem and co sell us then it will be to another set of aquaintances who will do their best to bleed us dry.

I'm bitter with Black too!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9712 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 13:39:32 »

Well, £7m or so to buy STFC is chicken feed if you’ve got £21 billion.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9713 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 13:40:43 »

Can just pay Clem over a year from his interest he earns on that.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #9714 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 13:57:00 »

It is but you dont become a billionaire by buying broken dreams for £7m/£15m (or any of the other figure currently bandied around).

A billionaire buying a delapadated shit football club is the best way to become a millionaire!

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9715 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 14:05:12 »

It is but you dont become a billionaire by buying broken dreams for £7m/£15m (or any of the other figure currently bandied around).

A billionaire buying a delapadated shit football club is the best way to become a millionaire!

Only if he has a CEO of the calibre of Hall of Shame.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9716 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 14:06:53 »

It’s the same as having £210m and only having to pay £70k for the club.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #9717 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 14:09:41 »

Only if he has a CEO of the calibre of Hall of Shame.
Hall when he played for Bury.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #9718 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 14:10:16 »

It’s the same as having £210m and only having to pay £70k for the club.
I fully understand your logic but billionaires dont waste money, thats why they are billionaires.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9719 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 14:33:04 »

I fully understand your logic but billionaires dont waste money, thats why they are billionaires.

Plenty of billionaires have bought football clubs though, just never seems to happen to us.
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 647 [648] 649 650 651 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: