Pages: 1 ... 643 644 645 [646] 647 648 649 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1230963 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9675 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 09:12:55 »

I'd imagine between £4.5k and £6k
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #9676 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 09:34:40 »

See Carlisle’s new American owners have made a statement by agreeing a transfer for Luke Armstrong for January
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9677 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 09:38:00 »

I heard, and is probably bull shit, that Austin is on circa £10k a week. Now that is poor business if true.

As much as I love CA,  its a massive shame he's dropped off after early contributions (as has everyone). I would hate to have his career ended by being sacrificial lamb if he was consuming that much of a wage.

I still think he has a contribution to make, just not as automatic starter.

Weirdly I saw a post on the FB group not so long ago asking if anyone else has heard boxing day will be his last game. I very much doubt it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9678 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 09:40:51 »

Austin is an interesting one for me. I personally am going to go knee-jerk and say I think he's now very much past it. Everything he seems to do is ponderous and lethargic. With that said, he'll still got the ability to sniff out a chance, he was very unlucky with his header which was well saved on Saturday. But the rest of his game, to me, looks like it's being played in slow motion.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #9679 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 09:47:16 »

I'd imagine between £4.5k and £6k

One of those websites that publish football wages has Austin & Kemp as the highest earners on £3,400 per week with an overall total of £36k per week for the first team squad.

Might not be 100% accurate but does seem in the right ballpark.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9680 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 09:51:24 »

Maybe 10k a month - never 10 a week.

I think he still has something to offer but only in the penalty areas. Either defending set pieces or getting on the end of things.

Very little reason for him to be else where on the pitch.
What we are asking him to do - or what he is taking upon himself to do, is not the right way for a player of his age and attributes to play.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9681 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 09:57:04 »

One of those websites that publish football wages has Austin & Kemp as the highest earners on £3,400 per week with an overall total of £36k per week for the first team squad.

Might not be 100% accurate but does seem in the right ballpark.

If that's true and we were to sell/release CA that would be a good amount of budget to get bodies in in January. Whether that happens is another matter.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #9682 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 10:06:09 »

Not a hope in hell is he on anywhere near that, £2k pw at absolute most, some people love streading lies and a few believe them too.

I rarely make shit up. Just passing on info. Clem was desperate to get him here, get the fans on side. To me it makes sense. One of the higher earners at the club based on reputation.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9683 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 10:06:58 »

I'd be surprised if Austin wasn't the highest earner at the club, but I'd equally be surprised if he was on three times more than anyone else.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #9684 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 10:07:38 »

Maybe 10k a month - never 10 a week.

I think he still has something to offer but only in the penalty areas. Either defending set pieces or getting on the end of things.

Very little reason for him to be else where on the pitch.
What we are asking him to do - or what he is taking upon himself to do, is not the right way for a player of his age and attributes to play.
Absolutely.

Play Austin in the correct role and he can still offer a lot, but do not seem to be utilising him very well this term, play him as a striker and he can still do a job at this level.

And as for £10k per week, no way is he going tobe on more than double what we have ever paid for any player in our history.

Payne was said to be on £5k at Lincoln and we only contributed half of that and he was said to be our highest paid player ever at that point.

Austin is far from the cause of our budget problems.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #9685 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 10:13:33 »

I rarely make shit up. Just passing on info. Clem was desperate to get him here, get the fans on side. To me it makes sense. One of the higher earners at the club based on reputation.
I was not directing the "people telling lies" at you but to whoever told you that.

We have not and will not ever pay a player that much, it must be 5 times the next highest waged player at the club, yes Austin has every right to be the highest paid player but it wont be more than double the next highest wage.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9686 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 10:36:04 »

Absolutely.

Play Austin in the correct role and he can still offer a lot, but do not seem to be utilising him very well this term, play him as a striker and he can still do a job at this level.

And as for £10k per week, no way is he going tobe on more than double what we have ever paid for any player in our history.

Payne was said to be on £5k at Lincoln and we only contributed half of that and he was said to be our highest paid player ever at that point.

Austin is far from the cause of our budget problems.

Leon Clarke on 6k per week i thought?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #9687 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 10:45:47 »

Sadly i completely disagree. He is gone. He was there to finish ultimately and he has missed so many easy chances this season. If he can't do that then he shouldn't be here.

He helps defensively at set pieces but thats about it. He can't win the ball up top anymore, he is so slow that he struggles to accept any little pass played forwards, it happened multiple times on Sat.

Sadly he could be getting paid 2k and he's not worth it at this point.

I hope this is his last contract. Though we need to sign 3 forwards in Jan already as it is!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #9688 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 10:53:23 »

Leon Clarke on 6k per week i thought?
I hadn't heard it was that it was that much, but you could be right, worth every penny.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #9689 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 10:55:03 »

Sadly i completely disagree. He is gone. He was there to finish ultimately and he has missed so many easy chances this season. If he can't do that then he shouldn't be here.

He helps defensively at set pieces but thats about it. He can't win the ball up top anymore, he is so slow that he struggles to accept any little pass played forwards, it happened multiple times on Sat.

Sadly he could be getting paid 2k and he's not worth it at this point.

I hope this is his last contract. Though we need to sign 3 forwards in Jan already as it is!
Oh Charlie has missed several sitters by his standards, finishing like Shade does, but I think if he is played in the right role he can still add to this team.

As it stands I agree hes almost a waste of a wage, whatever that wage is, but sticking him in midfield as has been done this season will do no one any favours.

Pages: 1 ... 643 644 645 [646] 647 648 649 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: