Pages: 1 ... 619 620 621 [622] 623 624 625 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227522 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9315 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 17:06:37 »

As for the Trust/accounts stuff. Do we really believe universal acceptance would be reached if the Trust was to come out and say 'we've just looked at the books and they are immaculate'? I'm not so sure.

Depends what you mean by 'universal acceptance'.

It would obviously raise further questions.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9316 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 17:42:24 »

Depends what you mean by 'universal acceptance'.

It would obviously raise further questions.

This is it, and I'll probably be one of those asking questions.

It feels too far gone even though we haven't experienced an extreme event yet.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9317 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 18:17:03 »

we haven't experienced an extreme event yet.

Death by a thousand cunts.

Now there's an episode title you can't use.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9318 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 18:32:52 »

Death by a thousand cunts.

Now there's an episode title you can't use.

That’s the subtitle of the Netflix documentary on Swindon Town 1990-2024.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9319 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 19:28:35 »

This is it, and I'll probably be one of those asking questions.

It feels too far gone even though we haven't experienced an extreme event yet.

Yeah it's gone on too long to be all OK now. I would have asked more questions regardless with respect to where is the money going.

Supposedly over £6m of revenue and a wage budget of around £1.6m. If that's confirmed and they think that's OK, where on earth is the rest of the money going?
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #9320 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 20:22:19 »

Yeah it's gone on too long to be all OK now. I would have asked more questions regardless with respect to where is the money going.

Supposedly over £6m of revenue and a wage budget of around £1.6m. If that's confirmed and they think that's OK, where on earth is the rest of the money going?
I thought when a football club wage bill is disclosed that's the figure paid out to players and doesn’t include tax and national insurance.

Footballers wages are always talked about after tax. So a player earning £2k a week will cost the same again with 40% tax and 12% NI.

So that £1.6M could easily double with Tax  plus VAT on the business. But our turnover is better than most clubs in the league so why aren't we competitive to clubs with less than half our gates?
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #9321 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 20:27:29 »

Believe that is just the playing budget too. God knows what the bills are

If only we could see the accounts, has anyone asked
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9322 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 20:49:36 »

Where’s all the stuff about points deduction come from today?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9323 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 21:10:39 »

I thought when a football club wage bill is disclosed that's the figure paid out to players and doesn’t include tax and national insurance.

Footballers wages are always talked about after tax. So a player earning £2k a week will cost the same again with 40% tax and 12% NI.

So that £1.6M could easily double with Tax  plus VAT on the business. But our turnover is better than most clubs in the league so why aren't we competitive to clubs with less than half our gates?

Salaries on P&Ls are always gross
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9324 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 21:13:17 »

Where’s all the stuff about points deduction come from today?

Exsqueeze me?

Not seen any of that other than speculation on here as to what the "bad news reveal" would be
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9325 on: Thursday, December 14, 2023, 11:46:59 »

Steve Mytton hasn't gone, he's announced he'll step down at the AGM in Feb, not immediately. I think it's pretty clear reading between the lines (not itk) that there's a level of internal disagreement within the Trust board that probably makes agreeing external comms rather difficult.

I'd suspect that they're trying to use Hall's "come in any time and see the books" to actually... get in and see the books. That was the original goal and still is, I'd assume. Calling the CEO a cunt publicly, whilst cathartic, probably won't help achieve that.

I think we all hope that's the case, and whilst fans and Trust members (I'm still paying an Ayrton Senna a month like a wally) don't necessarily need a warts and all running commentary, a simple statement would probably suffice.

"Further to STFC CEO Anthony Hall's verbal invitation to come and see the books, the Trust are delighted to accept this invitation and will make plans for an agreed date and time for this to occur. We will update our members with an agreed timescale"

I suspect nothing like this is forthcoming because it's not happening/another reason. Hopefully silence is golden.

I've just realised I am probably going to get a 'Why not join the Trust' message aren't I?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9326 on: Thursday, December 14, 2023, 12:00:32 »

They committed to an update by December 21st. Today is December 14th.

https://truststfc.com/2023/12/04/truststfc-update-on-club-accounts-review-process/

The Trust board commits to providing a further update, regardless of the level of progress, by Thursday, December 21.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9327 on: Thursday, December 14, 2023, 12:13:55 »

They committed to an update by December 21st. Today is December 14th.

https://truststfc.com/2023/12/04/truststfc-update-on-club-accounts-review-process/

Ah fair enough Batch. That doesn't mean they can't provide 'extra bonus content' comms though before that date. Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9328 on: Thursday, December 14, 2023, 12:35:46 »

I wouldn't imagine silence is a good thing in this instance, as if something happened before the deadline, they'd probably update us.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9329 on: Thursday, December 14, 2023, 12:44:38 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange
Ah fair enough Batch. That doesn't mean they can't provide 'extra bonus content' comms though before that date. Smiley

indeed. But who knows what is going on really.
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 621 [622] 623 624 625 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: