Pages: 1 ... 606 607 608 [609] 610 611 612 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1229900 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9120 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 12:33:30 »

Your last comment is the answer to your question. We aren’t a successful business.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #9121 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 12:47:04 »

That said...i do wonder if all clubs have this level of drama but we don't hear about it (mainly because we're focussing on our own)

I’d say us Oldham and Bradford seem to be on a relative par for poorly ran. All former premier league sides who have been languishing in lower league 1 - league 2 for years. All 3 of us don’t seem to have any upward momentum coming. Though will be very interesting to see if Oldham do go up whether they overtake us in the next few years as many other former football league Conference winners have.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9122 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 12:47:38 »

I predict our lowest gate of the season on Saturday.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9123 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 12:56:03 »

I’m sure he wants to be above the politics but it would send a hell of a message if Don said he didn’t want to represent this regime in any way, as ambassador or on the AB.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9124 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 13:17:37 »

I forgot, I'm not allowed to give my view, it's not a forum for people to express views.

You're free to give your view mate, others are also free to think its a laughably shit view as well given everything going on.

People aren't being hyperbolic. The situation is fucking dire and will not improve until these cunts fuck off.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9125 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 13:17:56 »

Go to away games only, thats’s what I’m going to do if nothing changes next season.

This is just a continuation of the Power era so I can’t really see how it could get much worst apart from admin or the club folding which is starting to feel a genuine possibility with this lot anyway.

This.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9126 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 13:20:30 »

I wonder if Clem stayed up or got up early to watch that shit yesterday🤣

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9127 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 13:20:45 »

The success that many supporters crave isn't going to happen unless you have someone who can chuck loads of money in each season . No one who is able to do so wants to touch us with a barge pole .

Bollocks.

This is the sort of post that i fucking loathe.

Nobody is asking for us to be Wrexham, we're asking for our money that we put in to the club not to be used on Zav Austins laundering business, Adam Harts sniff business or whatever other ventures the crooks surrounding the club have going these days.

We just want what we put in and gaslighting people in to thinking they're being unreasonable and want a billionaire backer is fucking tiresome. Not only that, the ship has long sailed for most people to even fall for it now.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9128 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 13:23:06 »

I predict our lowest gate of the season on Saturday.
We have to limbo in?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9129 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 13:29:54 »

Bollocks.

Nobody is asking for us to be Wrexham, we're asking for our money that we put in to the club not to be used on Zav Austins laundering business, Adam Harts sniff business or whatever other ventures the crooks surrounding the club have going these days.

We just want what we put in and gaslighting people in to thinking they're being unreasonable and want a billionaire backer is fucking tiresome. Not only that, the ship has long sailed for most people to even fall for it now.

I totally agree lots of money doesn’t solve everything. Take Stevenage two years ago almost got relegated to the national league until Evans took charge. In his first full season he gets them promoted from league 2 now joint second in league. Man management, decent coaches and motivational skills are needed as much as a decent squad.

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9130 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 13:32:46 »

100%

Nobody is demanding much.

Its the same defeatist bollocks peddled whenever anyone complains.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9131 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 13:37:32 »

Your last comment is the answer to your question. We aren’t a successful business.

We are....just not for what the supporters want. We're successful for the real freeloaders.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #9132 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 13:41:11 »

Bollocks.

I can see both sides to this. our fans demand success at league 2 level. our history shows we shouldnt be here for long.

i dont know if i would accept sustainability for being permanently mediocre- i want a club to support but i also want those successful periods and Im not too sure they work together.

i also don't want to accept cheap and lightweight squads that the turnover and crowds dont reflect. we deserve more than we are getting.

if we had shite crowds and clem said this is all we can afford then i can see some more understanding but again i dont think i would be happy, id probably be saying move on and let someone else with money try.

we all know that the clubs needs all year round income, it has needed all year round income for the last 20 years. we need a stadium with assets and we need owners that are going to get us there. if the club produces more money then it is less money they have to put in to bridge the gaps every season.

i feel let down and robbed by clem. he got back the trust after power left and I got a season ticket after many years without because i felt the money would stay with the club and we would see the bank accounts to show that.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9133 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 13:49:14 »

We have to limbo in?

Limbo and Swindon go hand in hand.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9134 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 14:05:01 »

I can see both sides to this. our fans demand success at league 2 level. our history shows we shouldnt be here for long.

i dont know if i would accept sustainability for being permanently mediocre- i want a club to support but i also want those successful periods and Im not too sure they work together.

i also don't want to accept cheap and lightweight squads that the turnover and crowds dont reflect. we deserve more than we are getting.

if we had shite crowds and clem said this is all we can afford then i can see some more understanding but again i dont think i would be happy, id probably be saying move on and let someone else with money try.

we all know that the clubs needs all year round income, it has needed all year round income for the last 20 years. we need a stadium with assets and we need owners that are going to get us there. if the club produces more money then it is less money they have to put in to bridge the gaps every season.

i feel let down and robbed by clem. he got back the trust after power left and I got a season ticket after many years without because i felt the money would stay with the club and we would see the bank accounts to show that.

If we're not getting robbed blind then we should have the resources for league two success. The only club without a rich owner that should have a budget as high as us is  Bradford if we're truly getting out what we're putting in.

Hopefully we're past the point of some playing devils advocate on what Accrington Stanleys sponsors are like now.
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 608 [609] 610 611 612 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: