Pages: 1 ... 598 599 600 [601] 602 603 604 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1231056 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #9000 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 16:49:37 »

So fed up with everything STFC to be honest. Have been going near enough my whole life and will most probably continue to do so for the rest of it. That being said my interest is at an all time low. Problem after problem, shite after shite. The club really needs someone to grab it by the balls and sort it out once and for all. As pointed out by many people the potential is enormous at the club, it just needs the right people behind the scenes to get it moving. We thought we had it under Black/Fitton but in true Swindon style it came crashing down.

I don't see any way that January isn't a disaster. Either Clem is looking for cash before he sells or he's looking for cash into the club regardless. That most probably entails that Kahn will be sold, perhaps Hutton as well. Young to return, but that's a given anyway. Supposedly there is a deal to be done for Kemp, MK owe us money for Twine, so does Clem use that as part of a bid for Kemp or receive the money in for Twine? Think i know which one i'm leaning towards.

With you here.
It means a lot to me and why it hurts.

It’s been far too long to be owned by shysters.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #9001 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 16:57:09 »

With you here.
It means a lot to me and why it hurts.

It’s been far too long to be owned by shysters.

I think that Anthony Hall put the final nail in the coffin of supporters backing the owner, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #9002 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 17:04:19 »

People have been so distracted thinking about Lee Power, Michael Standing, Zav Austin, Chris Kiely etc...

This man is a pure distillation of how the chairman thinks and operates, as exemplified by the doubling down of such in the AB notes.

Not something a guy who takes a loose passing interest in Arsenal from a distance thinks up in isolation.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9003 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 17:15:06 »

People have been so distracted thinking about Lee Power, Michael Standing, Zav Austin, Chris Kiely etc...

This man is a pure distillation of how the chairman thinks and operates, as exemplified by the doubling down of such in the AB notes.

Not something a guy who takes a loose passing interest in Arsenal from a distance thinks up in isolation.
That’s a good point to be fair. This is the first time we’ve encountered a Morfuni man from the real world so is a reflection of the man himself. With his sweary interviews and seeing one his go to people in action we’ve seen the real Morfuni and it isn’t pretty.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9004 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 17:27:09 »

That’s a good point to be fair. This is the first time we’ve encountered a Morfuni man from the real world so is a reflection of the man himself. With his sweary interviews and seeing one his go to people in action we’ve seen the real Morfuni and it isn’t pretty.

Correct. It was a very slick PR campaign from the get go, super-powered by the Trust. Amazing/terrifying that people were blinded by a bucket hat, pulling pints and, most shamefully, embracing Don Rogers, when the man’s first act was to attempt to install a convicted drugs money launderer as his right hand man who would be running the club in his absence. Axis never passed the sniff test either. It was maddening to be in the minority frantically pointing out the clear red flags. I totally get that people were ready for “Anyone but Power” but the Trust absolutely failed everyone by flogging the Morfuni regime and pretending that he was, in dear old Zav’s words, “the Messiah” and hysterically screaming “we’ve got our club back” at every opportunity. I can’t think of a time where I’ve felt further from the club than now.

The question is, what can we do about it?
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #9005 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 17:36:23 »

I'd love to see the due diligence that was claimed to have been done on Morfuni.

The man said he was willing to buy the club for 7m, got it for 200k and has plead poverty in the name of sustainability ever since.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9006 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 18:02:48 »

The question is, what can we do about it?

Call for the cunts head boxing day if its not going well for a start. Big crowd. A lot of eyes on us with Hollywood in town. He should be at the game for the first time.

"Are you Power in disguise?"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9007 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 18:13:26 »

Call for the cunts head boxing day if its not going well for a start. Big crowd. A lot of eyes on us with Hollywood in town. He should be at the game for the first time.

"Are you Power in disguise?"

I very much doubt that will have much impact on a person whose CEO is already more than happy to point the finger of blame squarely on the existing customer base for a lack of income.

Lets not pretend such supporter angst had any impact on Power either.  His departure was set in motion by the inner circle starting to take shots at each other when the money from other sources got tight and one of them was found to have taken more of the pie.  Zav didn't get a good old fashioned knee capping for nothing.

The only way the fans have any input into the future is to get the Trust to begin work on an investment vehicle to take equity or the entire business.  Be that fan led, fan+ investor or just investor.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #9008 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 18:22:03 »

I got a feeling the Club Cash back (in the shop) with season ticket holders no longer exists/stopped.
It worked for me in June on the Home Kit, but anything bought since in store or online no longer gets tracked.
If any ST users here bought anything within the last few months have a look.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #9009 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 18:33:53 »

There was no club cash on my card when I bought my kid's present a couple of days ago, I haven't bought anything this year.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9010 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 22:47:57 »

When I ordered the 3rd shirt they packed and sent me two by mistake.
So I took one back for a full refund #freeloader

Do not feel guilty.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #9011 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 22:52:59 »

Sorry but that is theft and dishonesty. Nothing to be proud of.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9012 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 23:14:56 »

Quote from: blinkpip
I got a feeling the Club Cash back (in the shop) with season ticket holders no longer exists/stopped.
It worked for me in June on the Home Kit, but anything bought since in store or online no longer gets tracked.
If any ST users here bought anything within the last few months have a look.

I couldn't see any either. I wondered if there was a lack of link between st and online  - all my purchases were in-store.

obviously that shouldn't be the case
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9013 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 23:20:00 »

Who is that directed at DV or this regime?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9014 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 23:30:53 »

Don’t say that.
I’ll probably end up with 10% shares & fit right in with the other characters.
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 600 [601] 602 603 604 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: