Pages: 1 ... 592 593 594 [595] 596 597 598 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1228175 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8910 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:19:25 »

Yeah, "too old for hamlet, too young for Lear" on the concession tickets. Its the only way to game the system.

Hahaha, take that club revenue.
----
If so many people are taking advantage, have they considered they won't bother when the loophole is closed? I'm not suggesting it isn't the right thing to do. But it might not be the money spinner that is expected.

I very much doubt it is an issue at all, beyond a handful a game.

It's cover for enabling them to get into the Season Ticket, Nationwide and school kid ticket "issues".  Start off by shouting about fraud, then "rationalise" the age brackets to reduce the "risk" and raise the prices while you are at it to stop all the freebies.  They already tried it, to a lesser extent, and backed off it a bit last time around.  It's not something they've just realised after a thorough cost and revenue analysis.  I think the fraud angle was their attempt to soften the response this time around (they didn't go as hard after that last time).
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #8911 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:19:45 »

Yes - the club will counter with the fact they had to pick-up all the maintenance that Power had avoided while he complained he shouldn't be responsible for it.

Interestingly, Deloitte published their review of football finances which showed the average Revenue for a L2 club was 5.2m in 21/22 and an average wage bill of 2.7m.

I did wonder if Hall's moment of memory fuzziness over the FPP %'s was in fact an attempt to avoid a proper answer, and in trying to do so, he slipped out the fact our wages are much lower than allowed.  I mean, he can't seriously NOT know the % allowed and he can't seriously NOT know how much we spend.  I imagine he knows both well enough, and our % is indeed somewhere between 30% and 40%, or whatever he mumbled.  Giving clarity here, after making a specific statement about Revenue being 6.9m, would have meant having to defend us not spending 3.8m (using the 55% limit).

I find it strange that Clem has never looked to appoint someone that has knowledge of football who has worked in roles at other clubs, especially the CEO position, I'm sure a lot of these things would be resolved as they would be experienced and understand how a football clubs works, rather than having to learn on the job not having been involved in running a football club previously - especially as Clem had no experience either

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8912 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:24:36 »

Legally where do we stand with waived refunds?

Is there a timeframe whereby the club dont need to honour it- or did they just set a 'deadline' arbitrarily? Money is leaving this club blatantly, i now want mine back.

Small claims court?

You have 6 years to claim a debt.  You'd need to contact the club and make it clear you hold them responsible for the refund and give them a reasonable time to respond and refund.  Then you can go down the Small Claims route if they decide to hold firm.  I very much doubt there is much by way of precedent to determine the chance of success, but the agreement to NOT take a refund would likely take the form of a new contract.  As a result, you would argue you were placed under duress when agreeing to it, which makes the contract invalid (if the courts agree).  Depends how much effort you want to put in.

Now, if a cluster of people know a good solicitor, you could go down the Class Action route (mass action).
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #8913 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:25:03 »

I find it strange that Clem has never looked to appoint someone that has knowledge of football who has worked in roles at other clubs, especially the CEO position, I'm sure a lot of these things would be resolved as they would be experienced and understand how a football clubs works, rather than having to learn on the job not having been involved in running a football club previously - especially as Clem had no experience either
I agree with the sentiment but I think there would have been an obvious reason why he didn’t go down that route - ££.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8914 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:26:22 »

I very much doubt it is an issue at all, beyond a handful a game.

It's cover for enabling them to get into the Season Ticket, Nationwide and school kid ticket "issues".  Start off by shouting about fraud, then "rationalise" the age brackets to reduce the "risk" and raise the prices while you are at it to stop all the freebies.  They already tried it, to a lesser extent, and backed off it a bit last time around.  It's not something they've just realised after a thorough cost and revenue analysis.  I think the fraud angle was their attempt to soften the response this time around (they didn't go as hard after that last time).

Yeah, I agree.

I'm sure the Trust will be asking them to show their working when they use this to bump up prices and eliminate the U21 category Smiley
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8915 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:26:50 »

I agree with the sentiment but I think there would have been an obvious reason why he didn’t go down that route - ££.

Yes, let's face it, Clem can only ever appoint someone who doesn't want to wave a flashlight through every filing cabinet.

No serious football exec would touch this club with a bargepole.
Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #8916 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:33:03 »

plus you can't hide and spin stuff quite as much to

"I think there's nine games free this season... umm it's too much"
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #8917 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:35:06 »

You have 6 years to claim a debt.  You'd need to contact the club and make it clear you hold them responsible for the refund and give them a reasonable time to respond and refund.  Then you can go down the Small Claims route if they decide to hold firm.  I very much doubt there is much by way of precedent to determine the chance of success, but the agreement to NOT take a refund would likely take the form of a new contract.  As a result, you would argue you were placed under duress when agreeing to it, which makes the contract invalid (if the courts agree).  Depends how much effort you want to put in.

Now, if a cluster of people know a good solicitor, you could go down the Class Action route (mass action).

Thanks for that, will request a refund.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8918 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:39:26 »

If there is a few of you doing this maybe draft up a letter outlining the reasons you're asking for it. Disgust over the comments from Hall about season ticket holders, Clems comments on giving the fans half the ground, the lack of competitive budget vs revenue, etc.

If they get even say 10 letters all saying the same thing demanding money back it might be a bit of a wake up call. 
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8919 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:42:27 »

If there is a few of you doing this maybe draft up a letter outlining the reasons you're asking for it. Disgust over the comments from Hall about season ticket holders, Clems comments on giving the fans half the ground, the lack of competitive budget vs revenue, etc.

If they get even say 10 letters all saying the same thing demanding money back it might be a bit of a wake up call. 

Bet they dont even have the decency to reply
Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #8920 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:49:04 »

Bet they dont even have the decency to reply
off course they wont theyre cunts

"I think there's nine games free this season... umm it's too much"
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #8921 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 17:13:59 »

off course they wont theyre cunts

Just for balance- im sure there are some good, honest, hardworking staff who genuinely love the club.

The regime though, are indeed cunts.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8922 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 18:00:29 »

I would imagine there are many decent people behind the scenes connected to the club who constantly worry about their job security.

So, give no fucks
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #8923 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 18:20:43 »

I'm sure the Trust will be asking them to show their working when they use this to bump up prices and eliminate the U21 category Smiley

Mmmmm, that rumoured Trust-backed Man City price gouge would suggest otherwise...

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #8924 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 18:22:48 »

Mmmmm, that rumoured Trust-backed Man City price gouge would suggest otherwise...

I think there is a vast difference between that and whats being spoken about at the moment. Every single club charges a higher rate when playing the very top teams, it made sense we did the same.
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 594 [595] 596 597 598 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: