Pages: 1 ... 591 592 593 [594] 595 596 597 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227682 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8895 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 14:27:08 »

Should ask Mr Hall about the 23 'free games' season ticket holders missed out on when they decided to forego their 2020/21 refunds - round robin phonecalls to push those who resisted.

My mates dad asked for a refund, was told the club would get back to him, time and time again he kept chasing. He never received it and gave up in the end
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #8896 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 14:54:36 »

My mates dad asked for a refund, was told the club would get back to him, time and time again he kept chasing. He never received it and gave up in the end

I got mine, and even got a full refund (including the ifollow amount) for the second ticket as we only used one of the free codes.

The irony was after I had got my refund I still received emails asking me to call them so they could process it
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8897 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 15:20:08 »

If we’re running at annual costs of 8.2m, that’s a 30% increase in costs on the 12M to May-22 (the last accounts)

That’s more than double inflation. Wages will be down. I genuinely struggle to understand what could be accounting for it

It’s that answer which the trusts digging should uncover, not just validating that the number at the end of a quickbooks statement equals £8.2m.

Things get better but they never get good
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8898 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 15:40:57 »

If we’re running at annual costs of 8.2m, that’s a 30% increase in costs on the 12M to May-22 (the last accounts)

That’s more than double inflation. Wages will be down. I genuinely struggle to understand what could be accounting for it

It’s that answer which the trusts digging should uncover, not just validating that the number at the end of a quickbooks statement equals £8.2m.

And rent halved as I understand which must have been a significant line item?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8899 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 15:44:11 »

And rent halved as I understand which must have been a significant line item?

Not really, less than 100k reduction in real terms I think.  Rent was never the big ticket item it was made out to be by many a previous owner and was significantly below commercial rates for the size of land and facilities.  The fact we've never done much to extract value from them is the real issue.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #8900 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 15:50:22 »

Not really, less than 100k reduction in real terms I think.  Rent was never the big ticket item it was made out to be by many a previous owner and was significantly below commercial rates for the size of land and facilities.  The fact we've never done much to extract value from them is the real issue.

Fair enough, but rent ain't gone up would be a valid observation.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8901 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 15:50:36 »

If the rent reduction is £100k, that would cover 6,250 adults entering on U18 tickets, or 20,000 of them pretending to be OAPs/Student.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #8902 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 15:52:54 »

If the rent reduction is £100k, that would cover 6,250 adults entering on U18 tickets, or 20,000 of them pretending to be OAPs/Student.

There's a "Maths with Anthony Hall" module to be done:

2 freeloaders are travelling on trains towards the County Ground. One is an OAP, one is a season ticket holder who waived his covid refund... etc etc
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8903 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 15:53:49 »

What about the Flies?  They get in free for every game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8904 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:03:46 »

What about the Flies?  They get in free for every game.

Said it before, will say it again.

Make the Town End £20. Then I get hardly any free games and everyone is happy...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8905 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:03:56 »

Fair enough, but rent ain't gone up would be a valid observation.

Yes - the club will counter with the fact they had to pick-up all the maintenance that Power had avoided while he complained he shouldn't be responsible for it.

Interestingly, Deloitte published their review of football finances which showed the average Revenue for a L2 club was 5.2m in 21/22 and an average wage bill of 2.7m.

I did wonder if Hall's moment of memory fuzziness over the FPP %'s was in fact an attempt to avoid a proper answer, and in trying to do so, he slipped out the fact our wages are much lower than allowed.  I mean, he can't seriously NOT know the % allowed and he can't seriously NOT know how much we spend.  I imagine he knows both well enough, and our % is indeed somewhere between 30% and 40%, or whatever he mumbled.  Giving clarity here, after making a specific statement about Revenue being 6.9m, would have meant having to defend us not spending 3.8m (using the 55% limit).
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8906 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:05:34 »

Said it before, will say it again.

Make the Town End £20. Then I get hardly any free games and everyone is happy...

But Batch, we all know you are using an old knee injury to grab a Disabled spot when you shouldn't be entitled to it.  I imagine in future seasons we will be tipping people out of wheelchairs to double check their ability to transfer to a proper full price seat.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8907 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:11:54 »

But Batch, we all know you are using an old knee injury to grab a Disabled spot when you shouldn't be entitled to it.  I imagine in future seasons we will be tipping people out of wheelchairs to double check their ability to transfer to a proper full price seat.

Yeah, "too old for hamlet, too young for Lear" on the concession tickets. Its the only way to game the system.

Hahaha, take that club revenue.
----
If so many people are taking advantage, have they considered they won't bother when the loophole is closed? I'm not suggesting it isn't the right thing to do. But it might not be the money spinner that is expected.
Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #8908 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:12:47 »

i must say hall looked genuinely chuffed with himself when he realised he got his about 40% calc correct
"its too much"

"I think there's nine games free this season... umm it's too much"
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #8909 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 16:15:09 »

Legally where do we stand with waived refunds?

Is there a timeframe whereby the club dont need to honour it- or did they just set a 'deadline' arbitrarily? Money is leaving this club blatantly, i now want mine back.

Small claims court?
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 593 [594] 595 596 597 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: