Pages: 1 ... 590 591 592 [593] 594 595 596 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227329 times)
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #8880 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 10:16:29 »

Swindon Town FC launch their new ticket deals for the 23/24 season:

For only 650 you can get all 23 games, that's a mere 5% more than buying on the day and guarantees you a seat.  Those paying on the day retain their small discount, knowing they always take the risk there may not be any availability.

Want to spread that over 4 x monthly payment?  No problem, we have financing available at 49% APR to help you budget more effectively.

To make it simple for our simple fans, there is now only one price, the price of the seat.  We don't want to run the risk of legal action based on age discrimination, so this supports our aims of running a fair and equitable football club.  We have used the adult pricing from the 2022/23 season as we have more adults than children buying tickets on credit cards.

Last but not least, all fans buying season tickets need only select ONE of the following free services they are willing to provide the club next season:  a) Electrical work, b) a field upon which the first team can train or c) the provision of a free bicycle rack so we can get that ticked off the AB minutes once and for all.

Matchday tickets remain unchanged for adults, every one else will now be expected to buy the single adult ticket.  However, in a small change, this will now be a bid for a seat and is non-refundable.  In the event you do not win the seat lottery on a matchday you are welcome to try again at the next match.  You will also be required to spend 30 minutes staffing one of our concession stands, previous experience is not required.
Very Good Rob, wait to March and can compare the accuracy and find your being far too generous with the offer. 

The CEO hasn’t even started to look at you Ifollow watchers ripping off the club
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #8881 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 10:34:23 »

Is there?  I'll look later but if its only fan comment then it can be ignored

My interpretation of "not taking a penny out the club" was that he'd get his cash back (+ some) by selling some or part of the club. Which is fair enough on the face of it.
CM may want to inform AH about this, as in discussing the concept of the club being sustainable -
"it will be breaking even every year and that then allows Clem to then invest more in the players which is what everybody wants to see"
So even being sustainable, we're reliant on Clem to finance player purchases? Are all these £250k needed each month to continue the club and play bills being added to the loan CM has against the club?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #8882 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 10:40:02 »

Is there?  I'll look later but if its only fan comment then it can be ignored

My interpretation of "not taking a penny out the club" was that he'd get his cash back (+ some) by selling some or part of the club. Which is fair enough on the face of it.

It's fan comment, but there is a club response to the comment 'Clem is not looking to recover
the monies paid until the club becomes sustainable.'

As above, this contrasts with what AH said on the sofa.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8883 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 10:40:29 »

I know the numbers don’t add up anyway regardless but any idea how much money was squandered through the whole Jody Morris / Ed Brand debacle.

Based on nothing more than his previous coaching career - I just have the assumption he didn’t come cheap to start with & we’ve then had to paid him off a massive amount.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8884 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 10:42:08 »

CM may want to inform AH about this, as in discussing the concept of the club being sustainable -
"it will be breaking even every year and that then allows Clem to then invest more in the players which is what everybody wants to see"
So even being sustainable, we're reliant on Clem to finance player purchases? Are all these £250k needed each month to continue the club and play bills being added to the loan CM has against the club?

In fairness he might just mean instead of plugging holes with his 250k, he can instead invest in more players over and above the (break even) budget. i.e. not necessary but for additions we wouldn't normally be able to afford.

I think it merely fanciful.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8885 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 10:43:41 »

It's fan comment, but there is a club response to the comment 'Clem is not looking to recover
the monies paid until the club becomes sustainable.'

Ah, lunchtime reading I think.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8886 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 11:09:40 »

Unashamedly stolen from Facebook.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8887 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 11:16:30 »

That's not true. Excluding away fans, we averaged 8510 for the first 9 games of last season, and 8354 for the first 9 games of this season. That's less than a 2% drop.

Hmmm. Got to be honest, I never actually calculated it. Just gut feeling that we seemed to get around 9.5k for a lot of games last season, but looking back we did get a few 8k games and a 7.5k Tues night game against Bradford. Did get 10.5k against Crawley mind.

Wonder how many we will get against Barrow next week?
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #8888 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 11:29:22 »

I recall Fitting mentioning multiple times around 2008 time that average crowds of 7500 would sustain a £2.5mn wage bill in League One. The world and state of football is a very different place 15 years on, but with considerably more expensive season tickets than that era (may have been the £200 ST drive season?) and greater guaranteed funding from the League, it just doesn't all add up.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #8889 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 12:12:23 »

The new CEO should be sacked, probably cost the Club £1000's in lost season ticket sales.

First time in 25 years I'm considering not renewing now, money is tight and being called a free loader, being disrespected by Club officials is enough.
A big increase would definitely be the end for me for sure.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #8890 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 12:15:24 »

I hope that all of this will galvanise support for the team not for the owners but in spite of. Flynn and the “squad” have done incredibly well to get to where they’ve got and that should only be applauded.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8891 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 12:25:57 »

I hope that all of this will galvanise support for the team not for the owners but in spite of. Flynn and the “squad” have done incredibly well to get to where they’ve got and that should only be applauded.
Pretty much how I feel.

It does piss me off that Clem and the CEO still have very strong and vocal supporters on FB and the other socials and cant see what the issue is, deluded.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8892 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 13:37:27 »

wonder if myton, agnus, bathford and some others are preparing an offer to get rid of macrory and the gang mk2

theres money and knowledge in the fanbase woudl be an intresting move

A consortium of well off fans would have me frothing at the mouth. Take my money for a season ticket, three replica shirts a year and whatever else. 

And then i'll wake up.
Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #8893 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 14:11:42 »

A consortium of well off fans would have me frothing at the mouth. Take my money for a season ticket, three replica shirts a year and whatever else. 

And then i'll wake up.
how bout some free games thrown in

"I think there's nine games free this season... umm it's too much"
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #8894 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 14:13:59 »

Should ask Mr Hall about the 23 'free games' season ticket holders missed out on when they decided to forego their 2020/21 refunds - round robin phonecalls to push those who resisted.
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 592 [593] 594 595 596 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: