Pages: 1 ... 586 587 588 [589] 590 591 592 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227404 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8820 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 18:17:19 »

What challenge, I'm just pointing out my viewpoint.

You said I couldn't use the Tranmere accounts to do anything more than STFC.

Interestingly, their football revenue has grown 58% in the past 4 years against an increase in total attendances of approx 6%, however, their commercial income showed a 47% decline in the same period.  Their football based income grew 50% per paying customer (that, as I understand it is all football related income, so includes prize money as well as gate receipts).

If I were at the club, I'd be looking in the Commercial Revenue to determine what that drop was influenced by.

You would look at the football income and like to extract prize money to see what the real average per spectator was, but it certainly looks like they have improved in increasing the spend per customer.

Over that same period, the wages paid to staff have decreased by 4%.  Against a backdrop of a 32% total income increase, that is good news.  Employee costs account for over half the total expenditure of the business.

The football staff numbers have declined from 57 to 44, and given the largely static nature of the total wage bill for all staff, it seems likely they have achieve their performance by reducing the squad size to account for higher average salaries (which is now 19,4k per employee in the business, up from 9.2k in 2019).  They have also limited the non playing staff, having 378 before Covid and only returning to 144 in the time since.  Given the limited change in total staff costs, those non playing staff can only account for a very small % of the total spend (their numbers fluctuated significantly, but only small changes were seen in total wages).  Looking at the league table, one might be able to hazard a guess that it isn't helping them on the field.

Don't get me wrong, it still leaves loads of questions unanswered, but I cannot do that with STFC's accounts.

Also, as a footnote, if we remove Depreciation charges,  their average loss per year for the last four years is..... -55k per year.

It seem like they revalued their ground in 2020, adding a massive chunk to the Balance Sheet.  The associated depreciation charge is making it look like they lose money, but they seem to trade at a profit.  Ours isn't expressly identified in the P&L, but looking at our Balance sheet, we have a zero depreciation charge.
Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #8821 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 18:32:26 »

£8m+ in expenditure... that woudl be a lot of cocane for matchday guests
let me guess they are snorting it of a recarnated mahirishi

"I think there's nine games free this season... umm it's too much"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8822 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 18:49:11 »

Back on topic, watched the rest, it's just more of the same.  One sentence attempts at responses, usually not good ones.  Those pesky adults getting in as kids - thousands of 'em.  We'd be running at a profit but for that rampant fraud.  How the fuck do they even manage to quantify the issue?  What has happened here is they have seen the mix of people on each ticket type, realised they don't get adult prices on as many fans as a non football fan might expect and determined it must be a scam.  The reality is much more likely that under 18's and over 65's are the primary group of non season ticket holders who show up and pay money on the day.  Do a few try it on, I imagine so, is it going to be the biggest item to correct, fuck no.   The real giveaway was his quiet answer that they were looking to "rationalise" the categories, and we already know what that means because they tried it already.  Just come out and say we will have an Under 12 price and a nearly dead price, everyone else has to cough up full whack.  It'll be a hard pill to swallow, and may result in lower attendances, but at least it's honest.  Anyone over 2 years old gets charged the same price over here.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8823 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 18:51:26 »

Oh, and he didn't get the rules for Karachi Club did he, what's the first rule of Karachi Club Clem?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8824 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 18:56:51 »

Oh, and he didn't get the rules for Karachi Club did he, what's the first rule of Karachi Club Clem?

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8825 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 19:01:39 »

This really was a Prince Andrew Newsnight moment as someone suggested. And Clem has rated this bloke for over a decade.

Staggeringly bad. These clowns make Power look like a slick, competent, benevolent operator.

I starting to believe that “so called” Able wouldn’t have been this bad, even if Power/Curran were involved, but the Trust and their outriders saw that off. Honestly, how could it have been worse?

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8826 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 19:07:37 »

soapy tit wank
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8827 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 19:10:25 »

This really was a Prince Andrew Newsnight moment as someone suggested. And Clem has rated this bloke for over a decade.

Staggeringly bad. These clowns make Power look like a slick, competent, benevolent operator.

I starting to believe that “so called” Able wouldn’t have been this bad, even if Power/Curran were involved, but the Trust and their outriders saw that off. Honestly, how could it have been worse?

By this you mean that LP fucked up and gave Clem rights to buy the club before 'able'
Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #8828 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 19:14:47 »

stfc ceo = if morgana robinson was looking for a new character to play

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8829 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 19:15:33 »

By this you mean that LP fucked up and gave Clem rights to buy the club before 'able'

I think they knew full well what could happen, which is why they tried to stall on giving Clem the share certificate and registering his interest.  They were trying to dilute their exposure and get a "sale" sorted before Clem and Standing would either realise or have their legal ducks in a row.  Don't forget both other parties sued to block Power from being able to sell.  Standing found out because Power blocked him from the bank account once it became clear Standing was being taken to the cleaners and Clem found out because of that case and even had Power denying it in text messages to him.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8830 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 19:19:37 »

It's always confused me a little why Standing would just walk away from having the same rights as Clem, I presume, if he believed his legal case that he was a 50% shareholder. 
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #8831 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 19:47:30 »

I cant find who said it but it was mentioned that Clem trusted Hall for 10+ years - I'm sure he does and considers him a friend but running a football club and running a plumbing business are 2 different things, Axis UK was not that big (and tbh assume Hall was in charge when it was liquidated) and he never had to talk to the media, the paying public and probably didn't have to worry about budgets.

Oh for the return of Rob Angus
Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #8832 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 20:05:44 »

wonder if myton, agnus, bathford and some others are preparing an offer to get rid of macrory and the gang mk2

theres money and knowledge in the fanbase woudl be an intresting move

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8833 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 20:12:08 »

New AB is out. Nothing of interest.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #8834 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 20:12:50 »

Minutes are out, looks like Clem didn’t attend and they doubled down on the ST holders getting too many “free games” line.

Fantastic
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 588 [589] 590 591 592 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: