Pages: 1 ... 581 582 583 [584] 585 586 587 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1231203 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8745 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 12:56:42 »

That's because power signed us up to all these terrible deals that still haunt the club's finances

Oddly, even that excuse doesn't add up.  McCrory and team signed the deal with the catering company before Power usurped them, and it's that one they are most annoyed by because it's now owned by a bigger company who know their shit and are chasing the debt owed by ripping up the contract when Clem took over.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8746 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 12:58:01 »

On the accounts question for Manc, it was as described by another poster - the detail in the Tranmere ones is far greater than ours.  Hall seemed entirely OK with what we produce as being open and honest, which is what Companies House require as the minimum for our filing status + the basic P&L I think.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 13:03:56 by RobertT » Logged
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #8747 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 13:02:21 »

I’m sure the club will be campaigning for James Spencer to become chair….

Well James put out yesterday’s statement
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8748 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 13:04:33 »

Quote from: bennett
That's because power signed us up to all these terrible deals that still haunt the club's finances

oh yeah. sorry.

obviously must have done it just before he left
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8749 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 13:05:44 »

Quote from: Bob1978
Well James put out yesterday’s statement

oh lordy
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8750 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 13:27:06 »

I’m sure the club will be campaigning for James Spencer to become chair….

Chocolate stove

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8751 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 13:42:07 »

oh lordy

He’ll run for chair wont he?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8752 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 13:45:06 »

Our crowds have dipped by around 10% on last year. I can see them dribbling down to the 6k mark of our recent lows if things don't improve/change. Won't have to worry so much about ST holders then.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8753 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 13:47:47 »

Yeah, you fucking freeloading Season Ticket holders, you're holding us back!  I mean, aside from not asking for refunds for the season you didn't get to see any games, apart from that, you are Leaches!

I got about 25 mins in before stopping - he's just a dick.  If he has any input into the day to day running of the business we are truly fucked.

They've gone after trying to place blame on concession tickets before.  I imagine the "free" tickets he is talking about are the ones they give to schools.  Fucking sponging school kids.

What is Gerald Ratner up to these days, he'd do a better job than this chap.

I liked the Carlisle accounts question, obviously, but his answer gives us everything - he basically knows jack shit, less than your average fan on the street can muster with a few minutes and google at their hands.  I'd love to get sight of the detailed accounts - 8m+ in expenditure would be an amazing achievement, beyond anything we have ever spent as a club in a season.  The biscuits in the boardroom must be gold coated because there is fuck all evidence anywhere else of that kind of spend.  And don't forget that is just the trading costs, it doesn't include anything spent on capital investments (which I presume are actually zero anyway), which wouldn't hit the P&L.

God help us all.

Thank fuck people are starting to wake up to the fact that things are in a different universe to adding up.

Some will still devils advocate the conversation to death though. Or like Steff the troll tell you that you need to come up with ideas of new revenue streams if you criticise.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8754 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 14:11:21 »

Looking back, the moment they asked for people to give up their right to a refund on their season tickets is the moment it should have gone to shit.  Clem had made noises about being able to afford to match a 7m bid from Able, which we now know was likely bullshit.  To then get the club for 215k and ask for fans to give up refunds should have had big alarm bells ringing about intent.  In return, every fan should have demanded shares in the business - if the business wants to present the request as some sort of membership test, then let everyone be members.

In fact, if the Trust wants to do something worthy of plaudits, do that now.  It's clear the goalposts moved, so demand that every fan who gave up a refund gets a small shareholding in the business if they want it.  In total, the fans would likely get close to a 10% holding and in return should also demand a place on the Board.

While my post is filled with nastiness, the Trust can present that as an opportunity for Clem to truly reward what the fans did at that time and get back some PR gains on openness and transparency.  As a Board member, the AB can be done away with, and instead, a fans rep would have access to the management accounts as a requirement of their role on the board.  They would be bound by standard confidentiality, but can press for greater details of financial information being shared from within.

Not going to be offered by Clem, but that shouldn't stop the Trust pushing for it and further putting on display the fact the ownership has no intention of playing by the rules they set themselves.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #8755 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 14:17:51 »

Oddly, even that excuse doesn't add up.  McCrory and team signed the deal with the catering company before Power usurped them, and it's that one they are most annoyed by because it's now owned by a bigger company who know their shit and are chasing the debt owed by ripping up the contract when Clem took over.
I'm sorry, I omitted the sarky emoji at the end of my post x

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8756 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 14:19:31 »

Oh, and assuming the club would say no, then fans should feel free to withdraw their decision not to demand a refund for services/products not provided following payment made on the basis that such a request was demanded under duress.   Pretty certain a good solicitor could argue that case, but as the amounts are small they wouldn't even need to.  Everyone could just go to the small claims court.  A better legal mind than mine can weigh in on likely success, but I'd wager the club would have a hard time defending their actions in a legal sense.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8757 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 14:21:17 »

If it is not clear, that "interview" has really pissed me off, and I'm not even directly impacted!  Any other business would be leaking it's customers at a rate of knots today.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8758 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 14:32:21 »

The one good thing to come from this is that the scales have fallen from yet more eyes.

Steve Anderson 2.0

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8759 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 14:35:23 »

I'm close to having had enough with it all.
You and me both mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 583 [584] 585 586 587 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: