Pages: 1 ... 577 578 579 [580] 581 582 583 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1228712 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8685 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 09:27:19 »

Looking forward to the "No CLEMency" campaign to get rid of this shower.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #8686 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 09:34:21 »

The talking about season tickets worries me that we're not being sold, after all why would you say something that is so likely to cause uproar about them if you're not going to be around for much longer?

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #8687 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 09:37:06 »

Worrying that according to our CEO budgets for January are going to be discussed after20th December when Clem is back. A bit late in the day surely?

I know that Wrexham is a bit of a special case with it being bankrolled, but I'm pretty sure in season 1 of their show the discussions for the January window started in October. To start planning late December seems absolutely mad

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8688 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 09:42:59 »

Is there a link to the interview?
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #8689 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 09:44:36 »

Is there a link to the interview?

https://www.youtube.com/live/NTNlotJAV1o?si=xoYFeF7Mm09xa5eO

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8690 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 09:50:04 »

Ta
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8691 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 09:50:22 »

Where he is right in that it is impossible to police the correct tickets are being by bought by the correct people. If you buy your ticket on line there’s nothing to stop you clicking on the over 65 concession and paying £22 instead of £27. Nobody can check your age at all.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8692 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 09:50:32 »

I’d be amazed (well I actually I wouldn’t) if the January window discussions only started in December. I assume that some thought has been put into it but the finer details still need to be ironed out because we don’t know exactly who will and won’t be there come January.

Also, imagine thinking season ticket holders are getting ‘free games’ for fuck sake. They aren’t, they are getting a discounted price per game for committing to 23 home games up front. Do they think anyone would buy a season ticket of the cost was pay on the day prices x 23. No fucking chance and would those people then still go paying pay on the day prices every week. Hell no.

It’s not like selling something (anything) for a discounted price with a longer term commitment / higher quantity is a purely football specific thing. It happens in any sort of business. Every business man should know that (even the shite ones)

Like, the club couldn’t have come out of this any worse could they?

Next season it’ll be blanket prices all over £30 per ticket - no matter what age or what stand or you can buy a season ticket for £690 but that includes 2% off in the club shop when you purchase £50+ worth of merchandise on a Wednesday.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8693 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 09:53:48 »

Like, the club couldn’t have come out of this any worse could they?

It's only Tuesday morning, give them time...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8694 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 09:54:34 »

Where he is right in that it is impossible to police the correct tickets are being by bought by the correct people. If you buy your ticket on line there’s nothing to stop you clicking on the over 65 concession and paying £22 instead of £27. Nobody can check your age at all.

Pretty fecking easy to check at the turnstiles. I had mine checked before entering for the Mansfield game

“Hi, can you prove you’re the right age for that ticket? No? Ok, you can’t come in”

It’s not hard

Things get better but they never get good
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8695 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 09:55:02 »

Can someone explain why the club couldn't just publish the accounts, or a version of them, if they are, in theory, prepared for the Trust to do that?
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #8696 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 09:55:21 »

No idea if it's just me, but the guys at the Town End security always ask to check my ticket before I go in to make sure I've got the right ticket (prior to even reaching the gate). No idea if they just think I'm an untrustworthy looking bloke or just bad luck 

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8697 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 09:59:25 »

Pretty fecking easy to check at the turnstiles. I had mine checked before entering for the Mansfield game

“Hi, can you prove you’re the right age for that ticket? No? Ok, you can’t come in”

It’s not hard
I sit in the DRS nobody asks to see your ticket at all. You get to the turnstile scan your ticket, whether paper or digital, and go in. The person operating the turnstile has no way of knowing what sort of ticket you have just that the bar code lets you in.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8698 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 10:01:56 »

I sit in the DRS nobody asks to see your ticket at all. You get to the turnstile scan your ticket, whether paper or digital, and go in. The person operating the turnstile has no way of knowing what sort of ticket you have just that the bar code lets you in.

Doesn't it light up a different colour for concessions or am I imagining that's how it works? I haven't been a concession for a decade so could easily be wrong.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8699 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 10:04:28 »

No idea. Can’t really expect a young lad operating the turnstile to try and guess the age of everybody who goes in.

‘Sorry sir, you only look 63 not 65, off you go’.
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 579 [580] 581 582 583 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: