Pages: 1 ... 575 576 577 [578] 579 580 581 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227705 times)
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #8655 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 23:01:58 »

Just managed to watch it back. What a shit-show, this is worse than the Power era, right?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8656 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 23:03:57 »

It shouldn't include that, as that was a loan to the club, which wouldn't be on the P&L

Indeed, but we actually know fuck all about the specifics of the money involved, in terms of how it was funded, channeled and terms of the agreements in place.  It was pretty clear that Hall knew fuck all about the details as he tried to stick to the "getting his shares back soon" line, forgetting that Clem had changed his response more recently to "not a priority to pay off the loan for the shares right now" when trying to explain how we would have a transfer budget as well as pay back loans.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8657 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 23:10:24 »

Indeed, but we actually know fuck all about the specifics of the money involved, in terms of how it was funded, channeled and terms of the agreements in place.  It was pretty clear that Hall knew fuck all about the details as he tried to stick to the "getting his shares back soon" line, forgetting that Clem had changed his response more recently to "not a priority to pay off the loan for the shares right now" when trying to explain how we would have a transfer budget as well as pay back loans.

To be balanced, very few clubs at our level actually provide that level of detail and most share less than what STFC has done.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8658 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 23:14:18 »

To be balanced, very few clubs at our level actually provide that level of detail and most share less than what STFC has done.

And if those other clubs proclaim to be starting a new chapter in the clubs history where the fans have their club back and that it will be run with openness and transparency and produce as little, I hope their fans/customers are just as irritated.

Meanwhile, there are also plenty of examples of clubs providing far more detail - our stated aim was to top the league on that front, so either that's just bollocks then (again) or these next accounts will blow our socks off.  Given Hall has fuck all clue about what other teams do, I doubt it.

They made the rod, their backs need to take it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8659 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 23:16:26 »

We also cannot discount the probability that the loans may never have found their way into our accounts - Clem has a habit of not being aware of such legal requirements, or regulatory ones, like letting the EFL know for example.  I know it's not exactly the same, but it's the sort of shit Power would get up to.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8660 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 23:33:14 »

And if those other clubs proclaim to be starting a new chapter in the clubs history where the fans have their club back and that it will be run with openness and transparency and produce as little, I hope their fans/customers are just as irritated.

Meanwhile, there are also plenty of examples of clubs providing far more detail - our stated aim was to top the league on that front, so either that's just bollocks then (again) or these next accounts will blow our socks off.  Given Hall has fuck all clue about what other teams do, I doubt it.

They made the rod, their backs need to take it.

Not many examples at our level of clubs providing more detail, so we are pretty high up on that list.  Could we get more, yes and I think all fans should get more.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8661 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 23:48:48 »

Just managed to watch it back. What a shit-show, this is worse than the Power era, right?

Two peas, one pod.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8662 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 00:42:18 »

Well I feel less guilty about fleecing the club for £50 last week!!

Time to burn it down to the ground & start again, again

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8663 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 01:25:55 »

Not many examples at our level of clubs providing more detail, so we are pretty high up on that list.  Could we get more, yes and I think all fans should get more.

I can go digging, I probably will,  but this suggests we are a long way short of most clubs, scratching around in mid table in our League:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/6047aabc7130e94a70ed3515/t/64e72936481ec6040f954a96/1692871010826/FG+-+240823+-+V1.10+-+LOW+RES.pdf

You may say it's just a sort of mix of survey and analysis, but then the club must also dismiss it.....

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/june/robins-announce-partnership-with-fair-game/

Now, I don't want to be accused of being a cynic here, but I wonder if the aim about pressing the PL to distribute more money down the divisions may be the sole reason our club joined up?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8664 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 01:38:02 »

So, digging started.  Carlisle and Exeter are previous examples I have noted as being very comprehensive.  I present to you Tranmere Rovers, a club that is fairly similar in size to ours, if not a tad smaller I'd have thought:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00118587/filing-history/MzM3NDg4MDY0OGFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #8665 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 07:01:24 »

Hall mentioned something along the lines of ‘simplifying ticket categories’ which to me reads as ‘pushing more fans into the highest priced Adult category’.

A sizeable increase in ST prices sounds likely, and no doubt the already obscene £27 walk up will be reviewed. He didn’t sound impressed by the Nationwide deal either!

Interesting times ahead.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #8666 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 07:18:39 »

Genuine question- is it possible to get the Covid refund still?

Would rather take it out of the club and give to a charity than fund these pricks.

Anthony Hall needn't worry about this season ticket holder getting free games next season!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #8667 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 07:29:34 »

It reads as though they will do all in their power to significantly reduce the numbers of the one strength the club has: the supporters. This was anti PR.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #8668 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 07:33:18 »

No more money from me. Season ticket won’t be renewed. Pre match beers in pub instead of Legends Lounge and will eat elsewhere.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8669 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 08:01:57 »

So, digging started.  Carlisle and Exeter are previous examples I have noted as being very comprehensive.  I present to you Tranmere Rovers, a club that is fairly similar in size to ours, if not a tad smaller I'd have thought:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00118587/filing-history/MzM3NDg4MDY0OGFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

Whats your point here? This is pretty much the same as STFC?
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 577 [578] 579 580 581 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: