Pages: 1 ... 560 561 562 [563] 564 565 566 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1230771 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8430 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 16:38:57 »

About 2009 our Freshers' Week was headlined by Kins of Leon. Multiple people thought it was a typo, and a band that were headlining Glastonbury/Reading were playing a midsize provincial university fresher's night. People aren't particularly critical.

I was actually sat in the vic one night with a mate who wasn't originally from Swindon and he says looking at the pictures of mostly tribute acts on the walls "that one isn't very clever....just says the name Ed Sheeran". Had to tell him he actually played there a couple of times.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8431 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 16:58:06 »

Have we given up on the Monthly Nonsense?

Nearly 2 weeks since it took place.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8432 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 17:18:35 »

Have we given up on the look over the books? About two months ago that was promised, wasn't it?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #8433 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 17:56:02 »

Have we given up on the look over the books? About two months ago that was promised, wasn't it?

If the Trust announced they had seen the books and everything was fine, do you think anyone would accept that?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #8434 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 19:53:31 »

If the Trust announced they had seen the books and everything was fine, do you think anyone would accept that?

Absofuckinglutelynot.
An admittance of a need for sectioning, err also absofuckinglutelynot.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #8435 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 21:49:32 »

watching rotherham vs leeeds on tv and can only feel sadness a club like rotherham in the championship with a relatively new ground

OK they are struggling in the champ but i woudl love town to be struggling in the champ right now

sad because i think that there are all the ingredients and potential here that it should be town

"I think there's nine games free this season... umm it's too much"
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #8436 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 22:28:41 »

watching rotherham vs leeeds on tv and can only feel sadness a club like rotherham in the championship with a relatively new ground

OK they are struggling in the champ but i woudl love town to be struggling in the champ right now

sad because i think that there are all the ingredients and potential here that it should be town

Thinking exactly the same.
Fucking hate where we are right now and the wankers that we have had owning the Club.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #8437 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 23:03:31 »

Yo yoing between L1 & Championship would be heaven.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8438 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 08:34:45 »

Have we given up on the Monthly Nonsense?

Nearly 2 weeks since it took place.

I imagine they will put the minutes out at 3:45 today.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8439 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 15:29:57 »

I'd remain somewhat sceptical the club are hiding things.....which given its almost two months and we've not heard fuck all, I'd think you'd agree wouldn't be hysterical?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8440 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 17:53:34 »

Silence in both the worlds of the Monthly Nonsense and the Trust.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #8441 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 18:38:10 »

It’s such a shame. The financial history of this club basically puts off a lot of people here in the UK and overseas in looking seriously at the club.

There are way too many skeletons in the cupboard and potential pit falls to risk it. Having talked to a number of them here in the UK and elsewhere, I know that a number will not, and I include myself in this, put family money and reputation into a project that is dodgy to say the least.

Mat one point I had conversations with a possible CEO prepared to work with me. But we both decided that it wasn’t worth the risk.

Now I’m still not sure about Clem. We’ve had a number of conversations since he started. His heart I believe is genuine. Don’t ask me why I think this, I just do.

Has he screwed up, absolutely. Has he admitted it - yes.

As I understand it, he’s due to land in the UK on Boxing Day.

I’m prepared to give him January to sort it out, both on and off the pitch.

After that? We’ll see.

TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #8442 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 19:10:58 »

It’s such a shame. The financial history of this club basically puts off a lot of people here in the UK and overseas in looking seriously at the club.

There are way too many skeletons in the cupboard and potential pit falls to risk it. Having talked to a number of them here in the UK and elsewhere, I know that a number will not, and I include myself in this, put family money and reputation into a project that is dodgy to say the least.

Mat one point I had conversations with a possible CEO prepared to work with me. But we both decided that it wasn’t worth the risk.

Now I’m still not sure about Clem. We’ve had a number of conversations since he started. His heart I believe is genuine. Don’t ask me why I think this, I just do.

Has he screwed up, absolutely. Has he admitted it - yes.

As I understand it, he’s due to land in the UK on Boxing Day.

I’m prepared to give him January to sort it out, both on and off the pitch.

After that? We’ll see.

I am inclined to agree. I defended the club on far too many occasions in the last couple of years to the extent i have fallen out with members of the club and board as i do think i was lied to at times and it has left a real bad in my mouth. Despite all this i still believe that Clem had/has the right intentions and his hands have been tied by still having the hangers on from the Power days.

That is not me burying my head or making excuses, i am disgusted with the club and have not been since August despite having a season ticket
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8443 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 19:21:53 »

instincts are good, but do you think the said hangers on have for whatever reason 'influence' rather than just being (eg. matchday guests)? I guess so given you've not been since August.

Said it many times by if Clem had come in, clean break, struggled but tried I'd be much happier

I about the club can't win with me now. So much nonsense around directors/not directors, shares and bullshit. But moreover former associates of power with criminal records make me nervous.

Anyway I guess we've done all this to death
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8444 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 19:45:25 »

Did we ever get any sort of official position on the risk/exposure of the Chelsea dealings?  In relation to whether or not funds were indeed channeled into the club, and, I suppose, whether or not we identified any money going the other way?
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 562 [563] 564 565 566 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: