Pages: 1 ... 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1229187 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7920 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:17:10 »

Heard a rumour that the Council told the club that the roof in the Arkells stand needed emergency work this summer, £250k. Anybody else heard that and whether that affected the ability to afford players?

If so, why not tell us?

This is the sort of thing that the Trust should be telling us about as 'normal business.' There is a County Ground Community Fund that people are paying into. What is happening to that money?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7921 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:17:41 »

Also - if true why not come out and say this? Surely fans will understand if the Arkells roof requires work and requires money on it? Why try and hide it? (if true)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #7922 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:18:55 »

Very concerning and can only hope common sense prevails and this lot leave with a small comfort of respect. A takeover happens and we can move on once more in our history.
Two major concerns the selling price and who actually owns what and what will they want out of any potential sale.
Getting to the point now where I can see Clem wanting out but who else will have a say?

Only hope that we don’t get points deductions.
Immediate concerns are whether bills are being paid, hearing all sorts but the rumour mill is bursting.

It’s going to be a bumpy ride though.

Points deduction is the Kraken beneath the surface here. Couple that with the owner(s) pulling the plug and we can all start planning our away day to Wealdstone.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #7923 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:20:18 »

Also - if true why not come out and say this? Surely fans will understand if the Arkells roof requires work and requires money on it? Why try and hide it? (if true)

These were my thoughts too
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7924 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:22:39 »

Very concerning and can only hope common sense prevails and this lot leave with a small comfort of respect. A takeover happens and we can move on once more in our history.
Two major concerns the selling price and who actually owns what and what will they want out of any potential sale.
Getting to the point now where I can see Clem wanting out but who else will have a say?

Only hope that we don’t get points deductions.
Immediate concerns are whether bills are being paid, hearing all sorts but the rumour mill is bursting.

It’s going to be a bumpy ride though.

What part of the shenanigans could potentially lead to points deductions DOB out of interest?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #7925 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:23:26 »

What part of the shenanigans could potentially lead to points deductions DOB out of interest?

Not paying players on time I think comes with a suspended points deduction so two months without it being on time
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #7926 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:25:05 »

Seven years since one the biggest appointments the club has made...

WHEN WILL THIS SHIT END?!

ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #7927 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:26:08 »

Not paying players on time I think comes with a suspended points deduction so two months without it being on time
The non-disclosure of persons of significant control and share transfers is also possibly punishable by ponts deduction. If so, again I'd imagine it will be suspended.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7928 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:31:59 »

Heard a rumour that the Council told the club that the roof in the Arkells stand needed emergency work this summer, £250k. Anybody else heard that and whether that affected the ability to afford players?

wasn't it common knowledge that the safety certificate threw up some requirements to spend cash on the ground or did I imagine that, can't see under any other proviso the Council would have the resource or inclination to inspect and then say 'x' needs doing?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7929 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:33:02 »

I’ve sorted my protest.

I’m buying satsumas thus Xmas not clementines
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7930 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:58:28 »

We already have a suspended points deduction pending don't we?

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7931 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 10:09:17 »

Will be interesting to see if the Bank is open for Wrexham on Boxing Day, wouldn’t be surprised if that’s been secretly condemned and it’s just not publicised. Seemed odd Aldershot weren’t offered it on Saturday after selling their Arkell’s allocation as they are entitled to 15% of the ground.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7932 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 10:12:22 »

Don’t the away club have to ask for more tickets?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7933 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 10:15:00 »

We already have a suspended points deduction pending don't we?

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/september/efl-statement-swindon-town/

• A suspended three points deduction to be immediately activated in the event that the Club breaches Regulation 63.7 on or before 30 June 2022.

Now lapsed by the look of it.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7934 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 10:17:50 »

I can't believe people are convincing themselves that Sutton have a bigger wage bill than us because they are paying London weighted wages!

The point is that with our revenue vs their revenue we should be outspending them, end of story.

No one is ‘convincing themselves’ people are just pondering the hypothetical possibility that location may effect wages.

What’s our revenue like compared with Suttons?
« Last Edit: Friday, November 10, 2023, 10:19:53 by DiV » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: