Pages: 1 ... 515 516 517 [518] 519 520 521 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1231070 times)
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #7755 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 10:14:05 »

I’ve been saying this for a while. The club loves to act like it’s fan owned and attempt to benefit from any positives of that (fan goodwill, donations etc) when the clubs not fan owned at all.

I tend to agree with that, pandering to fans to put money in etc & help the club out. Basically the ''owners'' want a free hit. Wish I now hadn't given up my season ticket refund from the 20/21 season, oh well, hindsight is wonderful.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7756 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 11:01:05 »

It’s exhausting following this club. Never ending worries and concerns and the feeling that this is, at last, IT. The end. No more. Can’t take it. Can’t be arsed. Can’t be lied to anymore. Can’t let yourself be blindsided by pure guff and nonsense again.

In some ways this is worse than Power. It was obvious, to many, that he was dodgy from the outset but we had a few decent seasons mainly in L1 so we had a bit of a safety net. Along comes Clem, seemingly the polar opposite of Power. Openness and transparency was the claim. Jump on board, buy your STs, things have changed, we’re on the up.

It didn’t take long for staff to start jumping ship which raised an eyebrow or 2. 3 managers leave, various other members of staff leave, the Trust’s man leaves. Now the fans have had enough.

If Clem reckons he can’t make it pay on the back of 9000 crowds how will that pan out when they drop to 7000.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7757 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 11:05:39 »

If Clem reckons he can’t make it pay on the back of 9000 crowds how will that pan out when they drop to 7000.

That's THE point. Ignore dodgy/saint. It comes down to is he skint/solvent enough to plug gaps.

The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #7758 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 11:19:51 »

The fastest way to force Morfuni out is to stop putting money into the club. The £15m valuation will soon drop
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7759 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 11:27:13 »

The fastest way to force Morfuni out is to stop putting money into the club. The £15m valuation will soon drop

Ive made the decision that whilst this lot are still in charge the club is not having another penny of my money. I dont get to many games per season (4 or 5) but buy merchandise such as shirts, programmes etc. That stops now until they are gone.
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #7760 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 11:36:38 »

£15m?! Where on earth has that come from?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7761 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 11:44:43 »

Demanding people's names and trying to 'out' accounts like STFC Questions - yes, much more Secret Police than military - and deeply disturbing.

We are run no better than a fan owned club, and unfortunately some sitting at the Trust table think that's what they are and that they're special and involved. The last two years have shown that for what it's worth. Let's see what happens when they get hold of our threadbare accounts.

Yeah you can see this chartered accountant chap we have lined up being less than impressed with what he reads. Its just all going to be smokes and mirrors, isn't it?

Wonder if Clem will be looking over his shoulder. Or maybe Zav.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7762 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 11:48:53 »

I tend to agree with that, pandering to fans to put money in etc & help the club out. Basically the ''owners'' want a free hit. Wish I now hadn't given up my season ticket refund from the 20/21 season, oh well, hindsight is wonderful.

Yeah the blackmailing makes me sick looking back. It didn't sit right with me at the time, but I wasn't a season ticket holder.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7763 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 11:51:37 »

£15m?! Where on earth has that come from?

I'm sure someone can break it down but if you add up

1. The money we owe him in debt
2. The money he originally stupidly gave to Power to buy in.....and
3. The few hundred grand he got the rest of the club for

Its not far off. Probably looking for a small profit on top of that to give the club to someone debt free.

Probably dreaming.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7764 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 11:54:21 »

I'm sure someone can break it down but if you add up

1. The money we owe him in debt
2. The money he originally stupidly gave to Power to buy in.....and
3. The few hundred grand he got the rest of the club for

Its not far off. Probably looking for a small profit on top of that to give the club to someone debt free.

Probably dreaming.

You are forgetting share of the ground too
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7765 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 11:56:41 »

You are forgetting share of the ground too

But Clem gave us that out of the goodness of his heart, don't you know.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7766 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 11:57:30 »

If you use the £2.9m for 22% if shares it values the club at £13.4m. Of course, that doesn’t have to be that amount.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #7767 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 12:01:55 »

What I find cheeky is when you look at the AB meeting minutes, you see the slide where it shows the debt has been reduced but hasn't the bulk of this just been moved so it's owned elsewhere, to clem? So, i guess, to an extent the club is in the same amount of debt as before. My assumption is, when Clem has been 'injecting money into the club' it's in the form of loans not equity

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7768 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 12:09:52 »

Yep, but tbf the danger of someone going after the club for payment and the associated problems that would bring, are diminished by Clem owning the debt. He’s not going to put the club in admin and lose his own money.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7769 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 12:15:47 »

Demanding people's names and trying to 'out' accounts like STFC Questions - yes, much more Secret Police than military - and deeply disturbing.

We are run no better than a fan owned club, and unfortunately some sitting at the Trust table think that's what they are and that they're special and involved. The last two years have shown that for what it's worth. Let's see what happens when they get hold of our threadbare accounts.
That last paragraph is the main reason I can’t get involved with the Trust even if I had time. The way Spencer acted a few weeks ago was a disgrace making hollow threats of ‘we know who you are’ to that guy on Twitter. He represents Morfuni’s interests more than he does the fans.
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 517 [518] 519 520 521 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: