Pages: 1 ... 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227380 times)
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #7740 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2023, 16:43:53 »

Its definitely pure speculation, but when you have a convicted drug money launderer hanging around along with one of the countries biggest convicted drug dealers

I've forgotten, which two are these?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7741 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2023, 16:45:39 »

If you're paid a day later than your usual pay day then you're paid late.

I've got a shit load of direct debits that come out the day after my pay day and I'm sure the shop staff and the like are all the same. Might not be so bad for players who are more flush.

I’d be wary of the assumption that most players at this level are “flush”. A young player renting away from home and giving a cut to his agent might not be much above an average salary. Some obviously will be but not all.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7742 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2023, 16:47:38 »

I've forgotten, which two are these?

Austin - convicted of Money Laundering drug money, spent time inside as a result
Hart - was one of the Uk's most wanted, drug dealing basically.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #7743 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2023, 23:03:06 »

We still do, Former Drummer Boy is on the board. Not a regular poster but does post. Think a few of the others have accounts too.

Bye

Sorry for the late reply, it's been an intense and interesting couple of days... Eek Out

If anyone wants a chat, including Thekston and Mooneyraker, just to say hi, I'm a season ticket in the Town End and run the socials for the Trust so give me a shout of the Trust Twitter DMs and we can organise a catch-up face to face - no dramas at all Smiley

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7744 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2023, 23:06:28 »

Bye

Sorry for the late reply, it's been an intense and interesting couple of days... Eek Out

If anyone wants a chat, including Thekston and Mooneyraker, just to say hi, I'm a season ticket in the Town End and run the socials for the Trust so give me a shout of the Trust Twitter DMs and we can organise a catch-up face to face - no dramas at all Smiley

Amongst all the criticism. I do get the impression you lot are grafting to try and get to the bottom of all of this and at the end of the day you've got lives outside of this basket case football club. Fair play.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #7745 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2023, 23:20:03 »

Amongst all the criticism. I do get the impression you lot are grafting to try and get to the bottom of all of this and at the end of the day you've got lives outside of this basket case football club. Fair play.

Appreciated. We all want the best for the club and I can understand the frustration from some. Swindon Town FC has always been a rollercoaster ride!

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7746 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2023, 23:23:13 »

Bye

I might take you up on that but I’ll be brutally honest it’d be on the premise that Spencer is nowhere in the near vicinity as he’d probably tip me over the edge.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #7747 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2023, 23:27:47 »

I might take you up on that but I’ll be brutally honest it’d be on the premise that Spencer is nowhere in the near vicinity as he’d probably tip me over the edge.

Deal - FYI - I'm not going to be there on the weekend as I have to go overseas for work but drop me a DM on Twitter and we'll sort out a time to chat properly.

Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #7748 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 09:00:12 »

Bye

Appreciate the offer Drummer Boy and I have no doubt that it is pretty stressful at the moment on top of your normal lives.

I just want to clarify a few things: I am not anti "the Trust." I would love us to have a strong, respected Trust who we can all rally behind. I seem to recall that during the Diamandis era, Red Army Fund days and so on. I have no interest in digging out the individuals online but from the outside looking in it seems to me that as soon as the Eady money turned up a small group at the top of the Trust have railroaded the CG acquisition at all costs and with little thought of the consequences. It seems to have been a giant ego trip. The day they announced that they were prepared to work with Power on the ground is the day I cancelled my direct debit. It could never have been in the interests of the club for that man to be anywhere near the keys to the County Ground. Then the Trust put themselves foursquare behind Clem Morfuni for reasons that are still not clear to me. By all means call Power out but what was the reason to get into bed with Morfuni to the extent that the Trust did? As I see it, a lot of Trust subscribers membership fees and the Trust's time went towards the work to smooth his takeover and even take on day to day running of elements of the club. That feels completely wrong to me. We have been told time and again that that the Trust have done 'due diligence', whether on Axis as a business or on Zavier Austin's background or any number of other things. Well, Axis never passed the sniff test. When pictures of their tiny dilapidated offices emerged the Cultists told us that was normal for a building services firm... hmmm. Well, it is now clear that Axis as a business had the resilience of a wet paper hanky.
Then we got Zav Austin. Clem's literal first act was to attempt to install a convicted drugs money launderer as Vice Chairman. At that point the Trust should have distanced themselves immediately. This is meant to be a community football club, quite aside from the fact that he was never going to pass the fit and proper person's test. Yet, out came Clem's Praetorian guard at the Trust telling us that extensive due diligence was done and Zav 'explained it all' on the OSC couch (did he bollocks). His background was right there on Google for all to see.
We've had partnerships with fake football clubs (I really can't emphasise how mad it is to have to type that), Zav, now relegated to Matchday Guest, doing deals on behalf of the club on Whitehall, one of Britain's formerly most wanted in the wings, chaos in the transfer department in every window, Greg Norman departing, Rob Angus being thrown under the bus, share transfers, rumours swirling about non-payments for months and months, the most threadbare squad in living memory, it goes on and on and on. There would be less red flags at a Chinese Communist Party Parade.
And yet, everything, every statement, every interaction from the Trust is entirely reactive. They are always caught on the back foot when something is pinged from Companies House or some other bullshit emerges. Did no-one at the Trust ask who Karachi FC were? A google image search of the crest shows it NEVER EXISTED! Did that not bother anyone? I only use that example because it is peak Clem insanity.
We've also had Trust members making veiled threats ("we know who your are" type stuff) towards legitimate social media accounts asking questions that some fans want answers to online. That is mad.
I'm certain that there are conflicting views within the Trust but it would be great to see something happening on the front foot, rather than after the next skeleton tumbles out of the closet, which it will as surely as day follows night.
In terms of offering solutions rather than problems, I do think that both the Trust website and membership model are barriers to entry. It is utterly labyrinthine. On the basis that Clem clearly doesn't have a pot to piss in, I think we can forget voting shares for a while. You need a basic membership model so that the Trust is in a strong position to react when this house of cards comes tumbling down. I also think we are way past the critical friend-zone.

Anyway, apologies for the ramble and I do appreciate a Trust member coming on here in peace and hope that this is taken in the spirit it is intended. We are where we are and I think we will all need to pull together over the coming months.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7749 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 09:24:00 »

Deal - FYI - I'm not going to be there on the weekend as I have to go overseas for work but drop me a DM on Twitter and we'll sort out a time to chat properly.

One way ticket Wink

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7750 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 09:24:46 »

I disagree with some of that Moony
  - getting 50% of the ground into "fan" ownership is a lot better than 100% being in the club hands - even if Clem was the best owner since sliced bread then next one may not.
        - does that protection also hamper redevelopment - not that I can see.
  - I don't suppose there was much choice in Morfuni was the only one with the pre-emption rights to remove Power.

On due diligence - I get what you are saying. I'm not sure how hidden Austin & cos involvment was at the time of takeover. I'm not sure it matters IF you believe the alternative is Power taking the club down.  I have to say the clean break from the Power era has been anything but.

I don't think now is the time for the Trust to go militant. I am sure they have the same suspicions and worries as the rest of us. They are fans like us after all. Best to keep their powder dry and try and gain whatever information they can (IMO). Exhaust all avenues.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 09:27:17 by Batch » Logged
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #7751 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 09:31:40 »

SBC seemingly weren’t in any danger of selling the ground to Power or Clem, who frankly couldn’t have afforded it.

And yes, we know Morfuni was the only game in town but that didn’t mean the Trust had to handcuff themselves to him!

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7752 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 09:44:48 »

I don’t think the trust need to be militant, but they could do with showing more backbone

I think with hindsight it’s a mistake having the Trust be the supporter representation in the JV. From a relationship management POV, it’s got to make it more difficult to be critical and scrutinise when you have to then work *with* the clubs ownership on all things ground related.

Things get better but they never get good
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #7753 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 09:52:00 »

Demanding people's names and trying to 'out' accounts like STFC Questions - yes, much more Secret Police than military - and deeply disturbing.

We are run no better than a fan owned club, and unfortunately some sitting at the Trust table think that's what they are and that they're special and involved. The last two years have shown that for what it's worth. Let's see what happens when they get hold of our threadbare accounts.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #7754 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 10:04:38 »

Demanding people's names and trying to 'out' accounts like STFC Questions - yes, much more Secret Police than military - and deeply disturbing.

We are run no better than a fan owned club, and unfortunately some sitting at the Trust table think that's what they are and that they're special and involved. The last two years have shown that for what it's worth. Let's see what happens when they get hold of our threadbare accounts.

I’ve been saying this for a while. The club loves to act like it’s fan owned and attempt to benefit from any positives of that (fan goodwill, donations etc) when the clubs not fan owned at all.
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: