Pages: 1 ... 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1230725 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7365 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 12:44:27 »

Based on the 22% of shares sold for £2.9m that equates to the club, supposedly, worth £13.2m.

I still don’t get the ‘not covering costs’ bit plus the ‘deals in place that are not making the club money but plenty for others’.

What deals? Thought the catering stuff was sorted. It’s these kind of statements that need fleshing out and explained then people could see if it’s a reasonable excuse or not.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7366 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 12:46:35 »

Based on the 22% of shares sold for £2.9m that equates to the club, supposedly, worth £13.2m.

I still don’t get the ‘not covering costs’ bit plus the ‘deals in place that are not making the club money but plenty for others’.

What deals? Thought the catering stuff was sorted. It’s these kind of statements that need fleshing out and explained then people could see if it’s a reasonable excuse or not.

Yes, the usual dose of cryptic amateur bollocks.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #7367 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 12:51:35 »

The bloke is a fucking idiot.
More bullshit after more bullshit. Just fuck off. 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7368 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 12:53:52 »

Well that statement clears it all up doesnt it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #7369 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 12:56:13 »

Well that statement clears it all up doesnt it.

The statement in itself is fine, and probably what was needed.

The problem is based on the past few months (or more for some) none of us believe it anymore
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7370 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 13:00:44 »

The statement in itself is fine, and probably what was needed.

The problem is based on the past few months (or more for some) none of us believe it anymore
Indeed a statement was needed but I no longer trust anything he says after lying to the fans several times recently.

I guess though some fans will believe every word he says and some will believe nothing, many of us sit somewhere in the middle but there is no smoke without fire.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #7371 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 13:02:43 »

Well another statement that fritters around the edges but does not go into any real details as to who is owed what and how much and where it really leaves the club. This I can understand that names/companies will not be bandied around but it still has that awful taint of financial shenanigans being involved once again.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7372 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 13:08:13 »

I particularly liked the part where he said he will be personally overviewing Januarys transfer window

Now, im not sure about anyone else, but i would actually like someone who has a fucking clue what they are doing be in charge of this part!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7373 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 13:09:02 »

I know it has been done to death but we've halved the rent on the ground, as I understand it, have sold plenty of players for money in the last 18 months, have 9,000 paying fans most weeks and are still allegedly haemorrhaging money despite having the smallest playing squad in living memory...

None of it adds up to anything other than BS. If it isn't sustainable now it never will be. What magic revenue streams are there left? Oh yeah, the concert. Honestly.

It’s nothing new or out of the ordinary.

Football clubs operate at losses and don’t make money.
Either you have some super rich dude plug the gaps or you’re basically living on the poverty line.
We are the latter - whether that’s Clem or another. It will always be that way unless we find someone with very deep pockets
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7374 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 13:11:03 »

I know it has been done to death but we've halved the rent on the ground, as I understand it, have sold plenty of players for money in the last 18 months, have 9,000 paying fans most weeks and are still allegedly haemorrhaging money despite having the smallest playing squad in living memory...

None of it adds up to anything other than BS. If it isn't sustainable now it never will be. What magic revenue streams are there left? Oh yeah, the concert. Honestly.

Doh  Yes
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7375 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 13:13:29 »

If the recruitment has been exceptional and you’re happy to extend the managers contract what the fuck is going wrong🤔

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7376 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 13:20:48 »

It’s nothing new or out of the ordinary.

Football clubs operate at losses and don’t make money.
Either you have some super rich dude plug the gaps or you’re basically living on the poverty line.
We are the latter - whether that’s Clem or another. It will always be that way unless we find someone with very deep pockets

Yes, a small loss I can understand. That is not what is allegedly happening.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7377 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 13:24:57 »

Do we even know if Clem is paying himself back out of income or is he waiting for a sale to get his money back?
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #7378 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 13:27:16 »

More bullshit to appease the happy clappers. Fuck off Clem.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7379 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 13:28:28 »

Given this:

There have been reports and speculation concerning player payments and HMRC issues which I can confirm have been paid and also paid on time. In the past fortnight, I have injected £250,000 to stabilise the club and I will continue to stabilise the club as and when needed. We still encounter many difficulties due to the years of mismanagement from the prior ownership and these challenges are still painstakingly being worked through and paid for me.

The current club revenue is not sufficient to cover the costs to run the club, with existing deals in place that have been active for years that don’t make us any money and benefit others tremendously.  Anthony Hall our CEO has talked me through this at length and our plan is to focus on new revenue streams for the club, we also need to renegotiate all of our less favourable commercial deals and enhance our offerings to generate additional revenue.

How is he anticipating strengthening the squad in January?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: