Pages: 1 ... 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227332 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6885 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 15:49:13 »

The amount of shirts we'd sell to her fans would fund us getting to the championship at least on its own.

Can our man in Kansas befriend Travis Kelce maybe?
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6886 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 16:05:25 »

1) Brilliant - well done Eadie
2) Brilliant, though we still owe its better internal than external. Assuming none of it is acruing interest via sharegate that is.
3) Have we? Customer facing hasn't changed much as far as I can tell. But I'm not knocking what I can't see
4) Don't care. But as long as its self funding I can see no negatives.
5) True. Though part  of that is offset by rent reductions.

The biggest issue is we are told we will lose 500K-1M minumum this year. How do we solve that if its not one off cost related?

This isn't just at you Batch but all of those achievements don't happen by themselves - Eady trust funded it but the Eady trust, the council, the Trust all had to be happy and is a massive achievement by all parties.

You do have this fixation on the ongoing loss, more or less all clubs at this level are losing money.  What is your point, as long as Clem is covering the loss (unless you know that he isn't?) then stadium development is going to be the biggest way to solve this, which is a long term project.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6887 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 16:08:53 »

I think Batch refers to it because Clem suggested we needed to wash our own face, which can be read to say we need to either raise new revenue quickly or we cut costs from what we are spending right now.  It was indeed delivered in such a way that he would NOT be funding increasing the debt pile.

Of course, he can come out and say "not to worry, I have the funds to continue to underwrite 500k-1m of losses a year while we await the future benefits of ground development, upon which we will reap the benefits of increased revenues and profits to offset this investment".  But he hasn't.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6888 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 16:13:03 »

I think Batch refers to it because Clem suggested we needed to wash our own face, which can be read to say we need to either raise new revenue quickly or we cut costs from what we are spending right now.  It was indeed delivered in such a way that he would NOT be funding increasing the debt pile.

Of course, he can come out and say "not to worry, I have the funds to continue to underwrite 500k-1m of losses a year while we await the future benefits of ground development, upon which we will reap the benefits of increased revenues and profits to offset this investment".  But he hasn't.

You have just answered his question, so hopefully now he can get closure. 
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6889 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 16:36:25 »

Change our name to Swifton Town. I'm down with that. TAKE THE MONEY!

Rockin Robin you’re now redundant. We are The Swifts now.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6890 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 16:38:39 »

Rockin Robin you’re now redundant. We are The Swifts now.

At least we'd sign some players who could play play play

Costanza would no doubt hate hate hate*

* I am joking.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6891 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 16:39:35 »

You have just answered his question, so hopefully now he can get closure.  

How so?  Clem said we are making losses we can't sustain, he has not confirmed he can cover them or intends to, just as much as he hasn't stated we have found a new Revenue Tree or that we have or need to make the cuts in costs.  We literally do not know what happened next, or will happen next.  We approached the Magic Roundabout without knowing the route, the names of the exit roads, or which way to give way to.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6892 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 16:50:05 »

How so?  Clem said we are making losses we can't sustain, he has not confirmed he can cover them or intends to, just as much as he hasn't stated we have found a new Revenue Tree or that we have or need to make the cuts in costs.  We literally do not know what happened next, or will happen next.  We approached the Magic Roundabout without knowing the route, the names of the exit roads, or which way to give way to.

You gave all the options, so he will pick one. He has just sunk £7m, at the moment he isn't likely just to give that up and not get a return.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6893 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 16:54:27 »

You gave all the options, so he will pick one. He has just sunk £7m, at the moment he isn't likely just to give that up and not get a return.

He hasn’t personally sunk £7m though, has he.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6894 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 16:57:28 »

He has invested, not sunk, and it may not be all his money

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6895 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 17:01:43 »

You guys are a bit touchy about language here
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6896 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 17:06:35 »

Language matters
Sunk = has written off
Invested = has put money in expecting a return

Invested doesn't imply anything untoward...it's just important that whilst Clem did save the club, we don't lose sight of the fact that he's not just burning money in the name of STFC

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6897 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 17:10:37 »

I still feel our immediate future is linked to the Power/Standing court case.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6898 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 17:16:35 »

I still feel our immediate future is linked to the Power/Standing court case.

I would hope not, it could be years without final resolution when you factor in any appeals.

I think we are more immediately at the mercy of the Ground development - my opinion, based on what we know to be fact and what we can infer from public statements and actual delivery, is that we will look alot like we do right now until that is moving in the right direction.  I think Clem is fully squeezed and we shouldn't expect any "planned" success for a while.  That's not to say someone can't perform tiny miracles - even without any sources of funding, our revenue supports a budget that can at least keep us interested at the worst of times and maybe better than that when good luck befalls us.  Structurally though, the club is simply moving from day to day, ticking over.

If we get the ground development planned properly, there is maybe an exit for Clem.  The hurdle at that point becomes finding someone to buy.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6899 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 17:23:59 »

Language matters
Sunk = has written off
Invested = has put money in expecting a return

Invested doesn't imply anything untoward...it's just important that whilst Clem did save the club, we don't lose sight of the fact that he's not just burning money in the name of STFC

That is actually wrong, a sunk cost in business terms means what you have invested to date. You can stop investing any more but you don't have to.
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: