Pages: 1 ... 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227331 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6750 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 07:16:06 »

Any what does ‘dodging the odd local vendor along the way’ actually mean. I suspect shit stirring . If you are saying they are not paying and have no intention to pay and you can back it up then fair enough.

What do you suspect my great motivation is? What would I be shit-stirring for? Attention? I've had enough grim stuff sent to my DMs over the last year or so to not crave more attention.

If delaying payments to smaller companies is par for the course then so be it but my question would then be what is the threshold for unacceptability on that front? Does it matter who the business/org seeking payment is? What is out of order?

My motivator is to question and call out the nonsense. I'm not necessarily anti-Morfuni but I am anti-nonsense. I appreciate that such endeavours are not always well received.

[Warning: The final paragraph might cause eye-rolling. It's hard to compose it without reading like a conspiracy theorist]

In terms of the podcast, I've held back from doing another instalment of a series of episodes that's been covering things I perceive as problematic because I am seeking permission to disclose some bits I've been sitting on. This is because I fully agree that without proof of working then it would simply look like shit-stirring and/or attention seeking.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6751 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 07:16:11 »

Because it is.
Enjoy the pod but could do without the knowing cynicism.
On payments - it’s not great but name me a company that doesn’t delay payment until the last moment - pretty standard business.

Ah, regarding payment of bone fide invoices which disregard agreed trading terms. You’d think differently if you were owed that payment. I have heard the same about the club from other sources and it is no one on this forum. Makes it worse when it is local businesses that are having to wait.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6752 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 07:35:32 »

What do you suspect my great motivation is? What would I be shit-stirring for? Attention? I've had enough grim stuff sent to my DMs over the last year or so to not crave more attention.

If delaying payments to smaller companies is par for the course then so be it but my question would then be what is the threshold for unacceptability on that front? Does it matter who the business/org seeking payment is? What is out of order?

My motivator is to question and call out the nonsense. I'm not necessarily anti-Morfuni but I am anti-nonsense. I appreciate that such endeavours are not always well received.

[Warning: The final paragraph might cause eye-rolling. It's hard to compose it without reading like a conspiracy theorist]

In terms of the podcast, I've held back from doing another instalment of a series of episodes that's been covering things I perceive as problematic because I am seeking permission to disclose some bits I've been sitting on. This is because I fully agree that without proof of working then it would simply look like shit-stirring and/or attention seeking.

"After extensive online research...."

Only joking, you are doing a far better job than those who should be at shining a light on the current regime. You sail close to ITK at times which I suspect irritates some but I'd rather that than 'happy clapping.' I've always slightly assumed that you go harder on this current ownership because you feel you turned a blind eye to Power for so long, but that's my own reading of it. Either way, I 'look forward' (or whatever the negative of that is) to the next instalment.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6753 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 07:42:49 »

"After extensive online research...."

Only joking, you are doing a far better job than those who should be at shining a light on the current regime.

And here is the issue.

We’ve already had Spencer pop up and jump to Clems defence with regards to the Australian academy.
No mention of whether they’re seen the accounts yet though.

The Trust arent fit for purpose any more, unfortunately.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6754 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 07:49:07 »

Haha. Information tends to come to me rather than the dreaded extensive research.

100% that the Power legacy is a driver. I had no dealings with Power or Anderson but had great relationships with the media people. They were motivated by the growing importance of fan made media at the time rather than trying to make it a sort of propaganda project. The relationships I built at that time allowed me to be able to do the 'unpaid wages' episode because I could cross check the playing and non-playing staff to ensure what I was told was true for all.

I think we are all in agreement that anything with accusations involved will prove detrimental unless backed up.
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #6755 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 09:16:50 »

Morfuni is a proven bullshitter so I'll wait and see what this is all about but it'll probably be a half arsed unprofessional venture judging by past business.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6756 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 09:47:08 »

Because it is.
Enjoy the pod but could do without the knowing cynicism.
On payments - it’s not great but name me a company that doesn’t delay payment until the last moment - pretty standard business.

Depends if its paying an invoice 30 days later or 4 months later really, doesn't it? Big difference. Clarity on which it is would be needed to know how red the flag is.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6757 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 09:48:46 »

Within 30 days is on time, 30 to 60 is delayed, over 60 is taking the fucking piss.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6758 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 09:57:09 »

I've always slightly assumed that you go harder on this current ownership because you feel you turned a blind eye to Power for so long, but that's my own reading of it.

I on the other hand am far easier on this regime when I think about it. I had Power down as a crook from very early whereas Clem, I'm just not sure.....but if I think about it, some of the stuff that has happened with Clem if it happened under Power I'd react very differently.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6759 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 09:57:51 »

I had to use debt collectors for a £5k debt years ago. It was well over 90 days due.

Couple of right scary fuckers, too.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6760 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 09:59:22 »

Within 30 days is on time, 30 to 60 is delayed, over 60 is taking the fucking piss.

I guess it also depends if you are contesting the invoice ( not that I know this is the case).

For instance we challenged the amount owed to the company providing the food & beverage services and only after negotiating did the money get paid.

You could also have a scenario when someone quotes you £x and then invoices significantly more, you may then question it.

However, If it’s a small local business and not taking the piss it seems a bit shit
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #6761 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 10:11:48 »

It is but there are lots of times it's not even intentional, especially when there are low staffing levels or changes in staff. Not forgetting general incompetence of course. I'm not suggesting that's the cause of the issue as I don't know, I just know a lot about overdue payments!

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6762 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 11:40:45 »

Yeah I can see it being down to incompetence and disorganisation rather than being sinister, but even then that ain't great either.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6763 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 11:52:24 »

I'm involved with a USA Academy, similar to the one the club appears to be using in Aus.  Over here, they have tied their organisation to Chelsea, who, as far as I can tell, have absolutely nothing to do with other than allowing their name to beused and sharing a style of logo (they also use the Chelsea on in promotion material).

The parent do indeed pay a decent fee to have their child signed up the proper Academy and I am sure Chelsea get something from the deal.  However, it's not going to make anyone rich - you would need thousands of kids to do that and also have the rights to fees and stuff if they were later signed by a club, which they do not.  My one is actually run as a not for profit, so I doubt this will change the clubs financials.

Overall, unlike the Karachi one, this on looks a bit no harm no foul to me.  However, it does beg the question on what resources we need to supply - anything more than near zero is an issue given we haven't managed to get our internal house in order yet.

If we were indeed an open and transparent club, run for the fans, as marketed, then we'd be getting the nitty gritty of the deal - like how much it benefits us financially (just the net outcome would do).
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #6764 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 12:26:55 »

Taking an Arsenal mate to the Gills tonight.  We were both there in 69.  He'll get plenty of reminders in Hospitality  Pint.

It has got me thinking.  Other than some bolt on seats, the Stratton Bank and the Townend are pristine replicas of that '69 season.  The Arkells was built on the back of that success and must be 50 years old too by now.  Even the Don Rogers, which followed our Premiership season, is nigh on 30 years old - and even adding the allowed for hospitality boxes is still just talk.

These icons of STFC history will surely be listed before they are developed.

It certainly underlines that any New Beginnings talk is just that.  I love the club. I love going to live games.  I love the CG itself.  I love the late Nigel Eady, for sure. I even foolishly sort of love Clem.  But, I'm sorry, our successive so called custodians have preserved nothing (architecture aside) beyond stagnation and slow decline.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 12:29:05 by RedRag » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: