Pages: 1 ... 434 435 436 [437] 438 439 440 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227919 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6540 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 14:27:46 »

Someone mentioned it being a good thing the Accounts were being prepared - I think that may have actually referenced the fact Seebeck 87 Ltd were overdue and an active action to strike the company off had been filed in August.  Think someone said Clem was bringing them up to date - it's just a funnel through company I believe, nothing will be learned from producing them.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6541 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 14:53:55 »

Someone mentioned it being a good thing the Accounts were being prepared - I think that may have actually referenced the fact Seebeck 87 Ltd were overdue and an active action to strike the company off had been filed in August.  Think someone said Clem was bringing them up to date - it's just a funnel through company I believe, nothing will be learned from producing them.

I've been surprised/amused that the proposal to strike off Seebeck has not been met with greater strife and conspiracy.

I had assumed that as Seebeck was Jed's vehicle to buy the club things may have been reorganised internally and it may have just been being allowed to die a natural death, possibly in relation to the debentures being settled as they were created at the same time, I don't think its accounts have ever shown anything of note anyway?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6542 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 15:00:28 »

Yep, Seebeck was Jed and Swinton was Power, the latter wholly owns the former.  Pointless really, not sure why nobody has tidied them up unless they serve some sort of useful legal distancing.

Accounts for both companies reveal very little, although the share movements provide some insight.

The Debentures were against Swindon Town Football Club Ltd, so still none the wiser why Seebeck is retained.  I would say they completely forgot about it, but they did adjust the Memorandum and Articles of Association for Seebeck around the time  the accounts were due.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6543 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 15:12:34 »

Yep, Seebeck was Jed and Swinton was Power, the latter wholly owns the former.  Pointless really, not sure why nobody has tidied them up unless they serve some sort of useful legal distancing.

Accounts for both companies reveal very little, although the share movements provide some insight.

The Debentures were against Swindon Town Football Club Ltd, so still none the wiser why Seebeck is retained.  I would say they completely forgot about it, but they did adjust the Memorandum and Articles of Association for Seebeck around the time  the accounts were due.

Its always rather bewildered me why Clem seem to use differing accounting firms to do the accounts for each of these companies, but that's a small thing, on that basis one basically dormant company being overlooked is pretty meh really.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6544 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 15:16:06 »

I thought Seebeck was the actual vehicle that held the FC's shares.
Swinton own Seebck, therefore the club

Seebeck accounts will show nothing, probably £10 in the bank or something. Normal.

But the implications of Seebeck going pop through strikeoff without tidying the structure properly are Huh?? As in IDK.

Also no idea if legally it offers protection against anything above. Just don't have the knowledge, or time to look at such things.

Anyway, Clem has signed off the Seebeck accounts and it was 'an oversight'. So hopefully all academic anyway.

joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #6545 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 09:07:02 »

Think Morfuni hinted but here it is:

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23788046.swindon-town-faces-possible-fine-efl-investigate-various-matters/
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6546 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 09:11:08 »

Pay wall
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6547 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 09:18:36 »

Pay wall

Try opening it in a different browser to the one you normally use to access Adver stuff, so for instance for me this is paywalled on Firefox but opens fine on Chrome. Not sure how the Adver can claim it as an exclusive but hey ho.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6548 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 09:20:32 »

Ta. Never knew that!
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #6549 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 09:31:26 »

Anyway, Clem has signed off the Seebeck accounts and it was 'an oversight'. So hopefully all academic anyway.

As of 10:40am no change in status of Seebeck.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6550 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 09:32:34 »

Companies House are fairly useless at updating
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6551 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 09:46:26 »

Companies House are fairly useless at updating

TBF they are not useless, it just takes time for them to process the, no doubt, tens of thousands of documents received every day.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6552 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 09:49:42 »

There was a program yesterday. Companies can set up bogus companies addresses at virtually any residential address they choose with zero proof. Yet those who addresses they use have to jump through hoops getting the bogus company disassociated with the homeowner - and it takes ages.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6553 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 09:57:48 »

There was a program yesterday. Companies can set up bogus companies addresses at virtually any residential address they choose with zero proof. Yet those who addresses they use have to jump through hoops getting the bogus company disassociated with the homeowner - and it takes ages.

There is a guy on Twitter (who must have a hell of  lot of time on his hands unless you can set up an alert for new companies being set up) who looks at such things like this this morning. https://x.com/greybrow53/status/1705136974338703557
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6554 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 10:03:22 »

I see the EFL are being unnecessarily negative and impossible to please as well.
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 436 [437] 438 439 440 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: