Pages: 1 ... 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227564 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #6135 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 18:48:14 »

Personal reasons could easily be fed up of all the aggro with the role and social media calling him out all the time.

Of course, some of that comes with working in football but I imagine living in Swindon for years, where a lot of people, will know you, and constant questions etc would grind you down.

It's easier for Rob to slip back into the corporate world like Nationwide and hand over to someone who is a bit more low profile.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6136 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 19:09:00 »

regardless of actual reason, it felt like he was being sidelined anyway given the whole share fiasco.

Better for him he got out, even if that wasn't the specific reason
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6137 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 19:39:46 »

I suspect I’m not alone, but thanks Rob Angus for all of your work. It must have been incredibly challenging from a personal perspective to work in an environment you care so much about, surrounded by a few influential but disreputable characters. We were better with him, but nobody can begrudge him a return to a more normal day to day…
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #6138 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 02:12:49 »

Rob is an honorable guy.  That may have become a problem in his role at STFC.  I hope that is the extent of his "personal" problems.  Regardless, for me, he leaves with his head held high and his self respect intact. 
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6139 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 05:05:28 »

Whenever I think of Rob Angus, it's the look on his face at Leyton Orient when the fans were chanting about wanting Sandro put. Clearly a huge fan and maybe the stress of being both a fan and CEO was too much. We will possibly not know for some time but I wish him the best.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6140 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 09:13:58 »

Someone put on twitter that it’s not just Angus who’s left - Norman, Lindsey, Chorley and Morris all effectively resigned from the club. Too many for a coincidence.

Morris alluded to ‘things going on’.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #6141 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 09:14:44 »

Someone put on twitter that it’s not just Angus who’s left - Norman, Lindsey, Chorley and Morris all effectively resigned from the club. Too many for a coincidence.

Morris was sacked. Lindsey jumped before he was pushed.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6142 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 09:21:14 »

Did Ed Brand ever actually officially join us to the point where we actually employed him?!
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #6143 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 09:27:46 »

Did Ed Brand ever actually officially join us to the point where we actually employed him?!
I think he did (eventually).
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6144 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 09:35:22 »

I think he did (eventually).

For about a week until we sacked him

What a time to be alive
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6145 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 09:52:27 »

Setting aside that at least two of them were essentially pushed, 5 resignations from a company employing c.100 people is hardly earth shattering. TBH its also fairly normal for some churn after taking over a distressed company after a period to move it forward.

Long and short, not sure anyone knows the precise reason why RA has gone, could be a plethora of reasons on his side and/or the clubs. As noted previously the fact that he has worked some sort of notice period suggests that either its very amicable or that its been in the post for a lot longer than the rumours suggest.

Anyway good luck to the bloke and we move on.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #6146 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 10:03:27 »

TBF if ‘things going on’ meant Morris out Flynn in that’s a result!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6147 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 10:20:05 »

Setting aside that at least two of them were essentially pushed, 5 resignations from a company employing c.100 people is hardly earth shattering.

Those five being the CEO, CFO, Director of Football and two first team managers is hardly five employees selected at random though, is it?

(fwiw I think putting Lindsey/Morris in that list is a bit of a separate thing, but it's hardly three folks from the club shop)

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6148 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 10:23:03 »

I heard a rumour Chorley couldnt stand Zav Austin and thats why he left, dont know how true that was mind
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #6149 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 10:55:55 »

I heard a rumour Chorley couldnt stand Zav Austin and thats why he left, dont know how true that was mind

Quite possible - Chorley was brought in by LEE POWER.
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: