Pages: 1 ... 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1230988 times)
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #6105 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 13:56:18 »

This is why I brought up the Youth Academy bit - we seem to chuck some words around, but I don't see much by way of strategic thinking.  It could all be happening behind the scenes and explode into sight at some point, but evidence suggests otherwise.  If we truly wanted an Academy to be right up there with the best, we'd invest in a development team between Youth and Pro level for example - that clearly costs money, none seems forthcoming.

They talk more about Australia than our own academy, and the DoF says it's a priority over an U23/B Team model. How does that make sense?
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #6106 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 15:38:14 »

They talk more about Australia than our own academy, and the DoF says it's a priority over an U23/B Team model. How does that make sense?

The Australian thing is different - STFC is basically affiliating itself with some academies in oz that people will pay to attend. So it’s more of a commercial venture and getting the clubs name known. On a much bigger scale premiership clubs do it - Andy Nicholas runs Liverpools version.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6107 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 15:43:24 »

But have we spent money investing in the infrastructure of the Academy here?  Foundation Park seems like Eady money and not STFC usage either.  The Academy still use Beaversbrook, right?  Have we expanded the number of staff we are going to use to support the Academy (I have no idea - I know some of t he people have changed, but did we add 10 coaches for example?).

What I do know is a team like Crewe invest a lot of money to retain their status, over a million a year (and that's just the operating costs, presume investment is needed upfront to build the infrastructure needed to support it).
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 15:55:32 by RobertT » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6108 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 15:51:51 »

Talking of the Academy, take a look at this - beating Gills.  Not the best quality footage. Anyone know where they played?

https://x.com/academystfc/status/1701615399325012087?s=61&t=HYPly50GSEZLTKzNdaNp7Q
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6109 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 16:21:04 »

Talking of the Academy, take a look at this - beating Gills.  Not the best quality footage. Anyone know where they played?

https://x.com/academystfc/status/1701615399325012087?s=61&t=HYPly50GSEZLTKzNdaNp7Q

Beaversbrook i would imagine?

On another note, kid from the year below me at school is the Gills Youth Team manager.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6110 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 16:52:57 »

Angus gone

Things get better but they never get good
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6111 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 16:53:38 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/september/club-statement-rob-angus/?fbclid=IwAR2_aPdIeBIBrSE6EVe0EhI2jx8IPstm50XKOG1C9nlARCE5zL9fymu7TvI

Swindon Town Football Club can announce that Rob Angus has decided to step down from his role as Chief Executive and will officially leave the club on Friday.

Rob has been in the role since July 2021, and played a key role in delivering the purchase of The County Ground as part of a joint venture with Supporters Trust and Nigel Eady Trustees earlier this year, along with other key areas which have improved during his time in the role.

When reflecting on his achievements and explaining his decision to move on, he said:

“I am announcing today that due to personal reasons I am stepping down from my position as CEO of Swindon Town Football Club.

“It’s been an honour to be CEO of our local football club and to have worked with Clem to turn it around from the position we inherited in July 2021. 

“One of the key highlights has been working with the Supporters Trust and the Nigel Eady Trustees on purchasing the County Ground for the long-term benefit of our football club and its supporters.

“I am handing the reigns over to Anthony Hall, who is someone I have worked closely with over the past 5 months in his role of Head of Operations & Stadium Development and have known personally for over 2 years now. 

“Anthony is a great person; a very successful and experienced CEO/MD and I know will be a huge success in the role and will drive our football club onwards and upwards.

“Thank you all for your support and COYR!”

Chairman, Clem Morfuni would also like to thank Rob for his hard work and professionalism since his appointment just over two years ago, as all those involved in the football club, (club staff and supporters alike) wish him well in his next venture and future endeavours, along with welcoming Anthony into his new role at Swindon Town:

“Rob is going to be a big miss for the football club, but someone who leaves his official role with a lot of pride and improvements made during his time here.

“Of course, he has left the role due to personal reasons, but we are still very close and I’m thankful for all his hard work and commitment to the club during his time as CEO.

“He will always have a place with us moving forwards should he choose to and we hope to see him just as committed and passionate about Swindon Town as he always had been.

“He has already said he intends to continue coming to games, but solely as a fan this time, which is great news as he is simply STFC through and through!

“Looking forward and we now see the responsibility of CEO transfer over to Anthony Hall, someone I have known for a significant amount of time and someone I know who is more than capable of taking on and developing the great place Rob has left our club in.

“I look forward to working with Anthony in his new role and I hope supporters can continue their fantastic support to get behind him and the rest of the team, as we look to develop on the positive start to the 2023/24 season we’ve had on the pitch!”

Following this decision, Swindon Town Football Club has appointed Anthony Hall as its new Chief Executive Officer.

The club are pleased to confirm that Anthony Hall has accepted the position of Chief Executive and will take on the role from Friday.

Hall will take over from Rob Angus, who is leaving his role after just over two years due to personal reasons. He has been with the club for the past five months in his current role as Head of Operations and Stadium Development and will now transition over to this new role immediately.

Chairman Clem Morfuni said: “I am delighted that Anthony has accepted my offer to become the club’s Chief Executive. I have no doubt he will be a success in the role.

“Despite being with the club for just a few months, I’ve known Anthony for over 10 years and brought him on board to Swindon Town earlier this year as I know what an asset, he is to both my business and also, now the football club in a full-time capacity.

“During our time working together, I have seen how dedicated he is, how hard-working he is and how important he will be from a business point of view.

“Once we knew Rob intended to move on, we had conversations about the role because I feel he has all the key attributes to be a success as CEO and I have every confidence he will deliver to the high standards he sets.

“As a football club and as a business overall, it is important that we have stability and I believe Anthony’s appointment will give us that.”

“There is nobody that we could want more in this important leadership role and I am excited to see the great things Anthony will do in this new role as CEO in the years to come and what we will deliver as a football club to our supporters.

Following his appointment as CEO, Hall said:

“Firstly, I’d like to say that I think Rob’s done a brilliant job, in terms of the stadium purchase, Rob was very influential in doing that along with the Supporters’ Trust, but also in terms of the fan engagement he’s brought during his time in the role, I think has been excellent.

“I believe I’ll bring a lot to this role due to my business knowledge and what I have done for Clem and will continue to do in this new role at the club and I’m looking forward to bringing these areas of expertise into this business to take it forward.

“I started at the very beginning as an Electrician before quickly moving into management and working for Axis about 10 and half years ago, before becoming the Managing Director of Axis, until finding myself here in the exciting opportunity that is Swindon Town Football Club.

“Similar to what Michael Flynn said at the Fans Forum, in terms of going out to the community and supporting the community, particularly where we want to grow it here at Swindon Town the fan engagement will be vital and is a huge part of where I want this club to be and we want the community to feel a part of it at the football club going forwards.

“We rely on the fans coming in on a matchday and I hope we can continue the promising start we’ve made to this season as we look to build on the potential that is here for the football club and push as far forward as we can with the squad we currently have.”

This transition will also see the Stadium Manager, Lee Dover move up to the role of Head of Operations and Stadium Development, a role which Anthony has been heading up during his time at the club.

Upon this decision, Hall commented: “The role will now move over to Lee Dover, who has been the club’s Stadium Manager and I know Lee is very much looking forward to that role.

“In terms of where we’ve left it following my transition to CEO, I feel it’s in a good place and Lee will soon be able to provide an update on where we are in terms of the progression and plans for The County Ground.”

We’d like to wish all those involved the very best in their new roles and thank Rob for his years of service too.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6112 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 16:56:29 »

How many times did they get ‘personal reasons’ in that article.

Unless someone spills the beans we’ll never know for sure why
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #6113 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 16:57:44 »

How many times did they get ‘personal reasons’ in that article.

Unless someone spills the beans we’ll never know for sure why

Pay off with a signed NDA i would take a guess at.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6114 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 16:59:12 »

That's some article!

All the best Rob and hope that you can continue watching games from the stands.

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6115 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 17:02:29 »

Never heard of Clem’s new man. Yes man?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #6116 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 17:12:57 »

The new CEO is from Axis.

Axis UK (from what I can tell on companies house) had an annual turnover of £15k, only 1 employee, company was registered to a flat in Hampshire, and has now been dissolved..
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6117 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 17:14:07 »

The new CEO is from Axis.

Axis UK (from what I can tell on companies house) had an annual turnover of £15k, only 1 employee, company was registered to a flat in Hampshire, and has now been dissolved..

Sounds like a side hustle rather than a business!

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6118 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 17:14:12 »

Sounds promising!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6119 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 17:20:15 »

Steve Anderson mark 2?
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 ... 849   Go Up