Pages: 1 ... 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227564 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5970 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 18:41:10 »

Actually its great fun and can thoroughly recommend it.

This is why i go to Banbury more than STFC nowadays
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #5971 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 18:47:21 »

This is why i go to Banbury more than STFC nowadays
National League North so some long journeys for the faithful.
I'm loving my football again after really falling out of love, not just STFC but the direction, shitloads of loans, rebuilding your team twice a season, wankfest over Premier, cheating cunts, and fuck this League Two shit - its division 4.
Also seeing Supermarine you realise you are getting absolutely rinsed at every touch point.
Hope you're ok tans. 
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5972 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 18:50:16 »

Three cracking away games that aren't anymore were Aldershot, Hereford and Torquay.

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #5973 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 18:52:25 »

Being a football fan and how you do it is subjective surely? Theres no right way or wrong way.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5974 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 18:55:34 »

National League North so some long journeys for the faithful.
I'm loving my football again after really falling out of love, not just STFC but the direction, shitloads of loans, rebuilding your team twice a season, wankfest over Premier, cheating cunts, and fuck this League Two shit - its division 4.
Also seeing Supermarine you realise you are getting absolutely rinsed at every touch point.
Hope you're ok tans.  

Blyth Spartans away on a tuesday night

I love it; ive even started volunteering there behind the scenes doing stuff with the website and other admin jobs. Hope you are well, i see Pete the other day, he’s loving life
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #5975 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 19:00:19 »

Last time I saw Pete he told me his mrs was a carer, I said that figures. If you see him again pass on my regards, he's an absolute top bloke.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #5976 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 19:17:45 »

Wrexham away this season was a reminder what it could be like. (Met Batch for the first time 👍).
Two sets of fans going for it.
Not felt anything like that since Vale away, the adrenaline, the noise, the celebrations, the emotions.

….and some want to go to Leamington Spa.
Ffs how far this club has fallen with expectation.

No more from me on this subject completely done.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5977 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 19:45:18 »

Not about expectations is it. Going to Leamington Spa. That isn’t what I expect. I’d love to drop out and run through the divisions based on a solid foundation to launch the club into the future. Something similar to what Luton have done. What Wrexham are doing.

I mean it’s you - who has lowered his expectation so much a draw against Wrexham is seen as the pinnacle of supporting Swindon on par with losing to Port Vale
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #5978 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 19:52:54 »

Not about expectations is it. Going to Leamington Spa. That isn’t what I expect. I’d love to drop out and run through the divisions based on a solid foundation to launch the club into the future. Something similar to what Luton have done. What Wrexham are doing.

I mean it’s you - who has lowered his expectation so much a draw against Wrexham is seen as the pinnacle of supporting Swindon on par with losing to Port Vale

I want out of the god forsaken shite league, you want a dream like Hereford or Aldershot, maybe strike it lucky with Luton or Hollywood.
Not for me, no guarantee of coming back and Ffs “running through the divisions.”
Just not for me, would that be the final nail,  probably not but would not want to even be faced with that choice.
120 mile round trips for home games to watch Dartford, no thanks.

Maybe that would get you to attend? We all have that choice mind.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #5979 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 19:59:27 »

I like football
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5980 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 20:14:48 »

Three cracking away games that aren't anymore were Aldershot, Hereford and Torquay.

Done all those.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5981 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 20:15:15 »

I went to Hendon, Tooting and Dagenham which were depressing🤣

Hendon. Scary, very scary.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #5982 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 20:17:47 »

What am I missing here....?

In my opinion the current situation at STFC is in a better position today that a couple of years ago.

OK the Trust has had it's nose bloodied and ego hurt. But that will recover.

Fact is they believed Clem Morfuni was the "special one". Well, it seems he is just a opportunist who talks a good story.

Suggest there will be potential purchasers swimming around waiting for a sniff of blood.

Just enjoy the football on the field..

Watch these plonkers spin their stories. Remember they have invested thousands or perhaps millions of pounds allowing you to do this.  

Will be interesting to see when Morfuni next visits North Wiltshire !!!  

COYRs

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5983 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 20:22:34 »

I want out of the god forsaken shite league, you want a dream like Hereford or Aldershot, maybe strike it lucky with Luton or Hollywood.
Not for me, no guarantee of coming back and Ffs “running through the divisions.”
Just not for me, would that be the final nail,  probably not but would not want to even be faced with that choice.
120 mile round trips for home games to watch Dartford, no thanks.

Maybe that would get you to attend? We all have that choice mind.

Obviously there are no guarantees we’d run through the division. I’ve said as much, I’m not stupid.
I’d still prefer that to treading water forever.

If feels like this club is trying to build something on a beach and every time we get somewhere the tide comes in a takes it away. Rather than trying that again - maybe it’s time to forget the beach and go build on the concrete down the road.

I attend when I can thanks.

Of course you’d still go - what else would you do?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #5984 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 20:26:06 »

Opinions and Arseholes

But fuck me. Why the fuck would I want to go to Sunday league pub league grounds and be in the part time tiers of football? 😭
Some big old sides that have dropped out the league. Couldn’t think of anything worse.

League 2 is fucking shite. But I’d rather carry on rotting in L2 than join the part time leagues way down the tiers, and hope one season we get it right and get into league 1- just look at some of the away games in that league this season/last season. Much more appealing than going to shitholes like Barrow.
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: