Pages: 1 ... 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227392 times)
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #5925 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 15:43:14 »

I am loving the fact that one negative rumour has been jumped on, yet someone saying its 100% not true is being ignored

To play devils advocate, if he’s serving his notice then technically he can tell people he still is CEO.

Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #5926 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 15:45:29 »

If it wasn't true this would be very easy to dismiss by the club or by RA himself.

It feels a little bit like the story has got our sooner than expected and the club aren't ready to announce a successor or spin the story into a positive.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5927 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 15:48:47 »

Need a 5pm signing to take the heat off
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5928 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 15:53:41 »

Questions being asked at the advisory board

https://truststfc.com/2023/09/08/truststfc-press-release-stfc-ownership-update/?fbclid=IwAR1wTrogsEwWMJlrNortfa6538Wiq3y_foEAIsoWuXrYrjy7lE1hcrmxPAQ_aem_AfZ71e22lKvt22W6w2BxbUmVLrSRphtjEJIGxQOXOVlx_-iJ1tWyTQ8SknwTuBlI3B8
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5929 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 15:58:19 »

Which meets on the 15th.

Firstly, good on the Trust for respecting the Friday statement - shows the Swindon heritage no owner could ever match

Secondly, it feels a little... pointier than the last statement.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5930 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 15:59:03 »

Most delusional fan base in world football based in the most underperforming reasonably big city in football.

Considering the wealth of Lansdown  size of the city and catchment area they really are the under achievers.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5931 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 16:07:02 »

Can any old Trust member attend?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5932 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 16:15:24 »

Can any old Trust member attend?

Isnt it just the advisory board meeting?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5933 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 16:26:24 »

I am loving the fact that one negative rumour has been jumped on, yet someone saying its 100% not true is being ignored

Who is saying its not true? Just that he is still there as of this moment, which doesn't contradict anything. Its been claimed he is working his notice.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #5934 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 16:35:51 »

I like the trust's statement, however unless it's pre-agreed that's the forum for the questions, I don't think the club will answer at the AB.
I have nothing to back that up other than I think the club have had the questions already, they could have provided initial answers to be dissected at a separate meeting (TBC). Delaying answering does feel the only ploy

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5935 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 17:17:29 »

So you would rather we dropped out of the league..?

Doh

Yes,
I’ve said this plenty of times post Andrew Black.
The best thing this club could do is die a death and rise again as a phoenix club.
Start at the bottom and go again. Clear all the deadwood.
Play some new teams, visit some new stadiums. Hopefully have a bit of fun running through divisions.

Beats going to Colchester & Walsall every fucking year…
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #5936 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 17:21:38 »

Yes,
The best thing this club could do is die a death and rise again as a phoenix club.
Play some new teams, visit some new stadiums. Hopefully have a bit of fun running through divisions.

That would be totally catastrophic.   Football is full of crooks, many of them agents, soa phoenix club would still have them swimming about.

Talk about throwing baby out with the bath water.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #5937 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 17:22:42 »

Yes,

will that guarantee we get good owners?
what if we just keep on going down.
I remember as a young lad when we got relegated from the championship and i thought at least we can start winning again. never been back since.

a less drastic method would be to just kick on from our current scenario instead of killing the whole club off.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #5938 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 17:23:54 »

Behave,  would you really like to be an Oldham fan ??,  the shit they’ve been through over the last few years,  bet they’d love to be in our position.   Be careful what you wish for.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5939 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 17:24:30 »

Yes,

I don't agree with you, but it is an interesting idea, sort of.  Nobody coming in has ever just blown th thing up, business wise, and started over.  Everyone just keeps trying to do what the last lot did but better, or with more personal gain extracted etc.

Lets be honest, the reason for that is the fact that they have a pretty sturdy customer base that will just keep sending cash.  Fuck me, imagine what the current lot thought when they realised they could ask all their customers to let business keep their money when the product wasn't even provided (Covid Season Ticket Refunds).  What a bunch of mugs we are.  You can literally Con us, in the open, and then come back for more.    Oh, and while that is going on, another fan (dead) is buying 50% of the ground for us.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: