Pages: 1 ... 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1228073 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5880 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:02:34 »

assuming you pick your own 3 numbers the odds from 45 balls are over 14000-1.

I think it's fine to put money into the club, as long as people know the odds

3 goes at 3 numbers so lessens the odds a little.
Someone will win eventually.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5881 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:03:11 »

Go the Exeter route is an option I suppose. Could the Trust raise enough money from their 50% share to buy Clem out and run the club day to day?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5882 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:03:27 »

For every Cowley there is a Briggany.  Just ignore it - it doesn't add anything to conversation as far as I can tell and doesn't influence or change anything in the world.  Let them ramble.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #5883 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:04:27 »

So what do you know the you fucking nut sack

Resorting to insults very mature!!

Must be lunchtime at primary stool

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5884 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:05:14 »

No it won't but for fuck sake if you know something and brag like a little school kid about it at least have the decency to say something.
We could all say we know something, say nothing and then say I knew it.
It boils my piss, if he does then say it, otherwise say nothing

I concur. Probably best in situations, especially in something as emotive as this to say nothing at all.

I always knew Ronan Keating's musings would come in handy at some stage!
« Last Edit: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:07:21 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5885 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:06:36 »

Personal opinions on overall worthiness & backgrounds aside.

For professional services rendered?
If so, is that wrong?

But is it? Is it any different from Lee Powers 'professional services'?

Lack of faith it is.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #5886 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:06:48 »

Go the Exeter route is an option I suppose. Could the Trust raise enough money from their 50% share to buy Clem out and run the club day to day?
Given how starved our budget is already, and without a prosperous academy like Exeter's to boost our finances reguarly, we'll likely plateau under that kind of ownership and eventually regress to non -league as all the financially backed clubs overtake us.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #5887 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:08:03 »

Resorting to insults very mature!!

Must be lunchtime at primary stool

Must be since your online again pretending to know stuff
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5888 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:08:33 »

Unlikely.  As they do not also have the Lease, they only have 50% of the the restricted assets value to mortgage.  Clem would want all that, plus the lease, plus whatever % of his loans he wants paid off upfront, or an arrangement to repay in place as part of any sale I imagine.  It's pretty clear, from his own share purchase years ago and what he recently sold off, he values the business at over 10m.  You can maybe half that and agree some repayment terms I imagine, but the 50% JV ownership doesn't secure that funding upfront.

Now, could the Trust play chicken in public with him, maybe?  They could put to the test his public statements and set-up a scheme to reach an agreed deal to purchase the club.  Clem has said he was  not in this for the money, wants the best for the club etc.   Well, in that case get him to agree what terms would be needed for JUST the supporters to buy, not an outside party.  The Trust then have an option to find a way of funding such a deal, via individual contributions and seeking investment partners.  They could very well set-up a JV for the club itself for example - it happens in a lot of sports, not least German football for example.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5889 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:08:53 »

I would suggest the simple answer to that question is no chance, assume that even if he didn't want to make money he would want the money he has put in back and I don't think that even the Exeter Trust has ever raised that sort of money.

Plus can you imagine the shit show of our split fan base trying to agree on running a club, it would just replace the moaning about Clem with moaning about the Trust.

I honestly don't see a way forward to fix the fissures between club and fan base and factions of the fan base with each other, bar winning football matches, as its stands its getting bloody boring and tedious to try and support this club.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5890 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:09:12 »

Given how starved our budget is already, and without a prosperous academy like Exeter's to boost our finances reguarly, we'll likely plateau under that kind of ownership and eventually regress to non -league as all the financially backed clubs overtake us.

You have just described our last three years.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5891 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:12:57 »

Why have those sides interested decent owners over a club the size of Swindon?

Is what absolutely kills me.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5892 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:17:14 »

Is what absolutely kills me.

I think Joe was intimating that owners buy Non-League clubs that look a bit like us, rather than us, because of something.  I'd wager it's one of the reasons that Reynolds went for Wrexham - the prize fund for winning the league plus the fact you are exempt from FFP for two years after promotion.  Get it right and it can catapult you three divisions quickly.  To get it right, you need a club with a fanbase that can support success, and in turn bring in enough money to make sure you do not cripple yourself trying.  Of course, Wrexham also came with a couple of extra advantages they were clever to spot - the fact Wales use it as a home ground, at least historically, and the fact the Welsh Govt has it's own funds to support regeneration and therefore Grant money was on the table for development.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5893 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:29:11 »

I think Reynolds and McEhelnrey went for Wrexham seeing the large catchment area of North Wales and seeing how Swansea and Cardiff have progressed over the years. That would have always been the main thing.

We have a large catchment area too though, historically.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5894 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:31:35 »

I think Joe was intimating that owners buy Non-League clubs that look a bit like us, rather than us, because of something.  I'd wager it's one of the reasons that Reynolds went for Wrexham - the prize fund for winning the league plus the fact you are exempt from FFP for two years after promotion.  Get it right and it can catapult you three divisions quickly.  To get it right, you need a club with a fanbase that can support success, and in turn bring in enough money to make sure you do not cripple yourself trying.  Of course, Wrexham also came with a couple of extra advantages they were clever to spot - the fact Wales use it as a home ground, at least historically, and the fact the Welsh Govt has it's own funds to support regeneration and therefore Grant money was on the table for development.

On top of all this I don't think the planets have ever really aligned for us to be taken over at a sensible price by a sensible new owners, the only real time was when Black was trying to get out but the speed at which that needed to be done made it a shysters paradise as no sensible person would take over with a due diligence period of about 24 hours.
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: