Pages: 1 ... 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1230998 times)
DMC

« Reply #5835 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 10:43:29 »

Why do you always say burying my head? i have constantly said it is a joke there ?

What is stopping you saying what these skeletons are?
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #5836 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 10:44:58 »

I am being fair..

Keep burying your head in the sand with Morfuni.

Like Power he put all his money in to clear debts, then found he did not have the cash to sustain it.

Believe me he has as many skeletons in the closet ready to come out as Power

I'm so far out of the loop, I don't know any inside information. You seem to at least allude to knowing some of the things going on at the club, why don't you just tell us instead of skirting around the facts?
DMC

« Reply #5837 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 10:45:06 »

Ho ho ho. I get the little digs here, and perhaps you are involved in the Trust and may even have been the one dissenting voice, I don't know. As I say, there is a reason I'm lumping the Trust in as one, which I've explained.

Can I just ask if you think it was healthy that the Trust got into bed with this regime to the extent that they did? In a broad sense.

After what happened with Power, I am saddened that people are still taking this approach with fans that have legitimate concerns. I'm not sat on Twitter flinging personal shit at people.

Plenty of people I know and trust have said Standing is involved, which does have implications for the club.

It has clearly turned into a clusterfuck at the moment but what was te alternative at the time, this is not a at least we have a club post but what realistic options did we have, the choice was Power or Morfuni
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5838 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 10:45:41 »

Why do you always say burying my head? i have constantly said it is a joke there ?

What is stopping you saying what these skeletons are?
I thought he put Jack shit into the club himself - he used patsies like Clem and Standing. That’s what the entire Power v Standing case is about - he put in £6m and wants it back.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5839 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 10:46:17 »

Personal opinions on overall worthiness & backgrounds aside.

For professional services rendered?
If so, is that wrong?

I appreciate that I'm quite literally being Satan's advocate here, which turns my stomach, but did Power not render some reasonable services in terms of finding players and bringing them in? Not sure that he should have billed for them but that's probably the only gold star in his school star chart.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5840 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 10:46:47 »

It has clearly turned into a clusterfuck at the moment but what was te alternative at the time, this is not a at least we have a club post but what realistic options did we have, the choice was Power or Morfuni
The alternative was admin, points deduction and non league.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5841 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 10:48:29 »

We are in skipped record territory. I get that Morfuni was the only game in town due to a paperwork quirk. Fully appreciate that. It was what it was.

BUT THE TRUST DIDN'T HAVE TO GET INTO BED WITH HIM! That's the point. This wasn't a binary choice. Sorry for the block caps but bloody hell, this is tiring... They could and should have maintained distance and held him to account.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5842 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 10:52:02 »

The alternative was admin, points deduction and non league.

Sounds better than just making up the numbers as a mid table L2 side…

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5843 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 10:53:46 »

Really? Along with Power/Able still at the helm.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #5844 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 10:54:26 »

So you would rather we dropped out of the league..?

Doh
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5845 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:01:04 »

So you would rather we dropped out of the league..?

Doh

In all fairness, there has been recent success of sides going down to National League and below and overtaking us on their way back up (Stockport, Bristol Rovers, Notts County, Lincoln and Luton to name a few)
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #5846 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:02:58 »

Got to be some trolling going on here. Dropping out the league with no guarantee of getting back in, Laughable. 
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #5847 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:03:11 »

In all fairness, there has been recent success of sides going down to National League and below and overtaking us on their way back up (Stockport, Bristol Rovers, Notts County, Lincoln and Luton to name a few)

Also many more who have dropped and continued to drop.

Those you mention went down and came back back up with decent owners......

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5848 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:04:15 »

Also many more who have dropped and continued to drop.

Those you mention went down and came back back up with decent owners......

Why have those sides interested decent owners over a club the size of Swindon?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5849 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:06:32 »

I appreciate that I'm quite literally being Satan's advocate here, which turns my stomach, but did Power not render some reasonable services in terms of finding players and bringing them in? Not sure that he should have billed for them but that's probably the only gold star in his school star chart.

Yeah fair enough, let's also remember that Fitton took a cut of the Austin transfer, described as a "finders fee" if I remember.

It's interesting to compare Power & Clem in terms of stated intentions.
Power was brazen in admitting that he was only in it for the money whereas Clem has repeatedly stated that he won't take any money out & every penny will be reinvested.

I'm not sure what to make of it all at the moment.
Having suffered under Australian ownership in one of my former places of work (company ended up in administration) with the former owners in hiding from the police!
I did get the impression that Australian business models might err be somewhat different to what we are used to in the UK.

The trusting nature side of me would like to think that Clem’s heart is in the right place as far as intentions for the club go.
At least the CG purchase should in theory add a little more resilience if it ever came to existential threat.
The cynical side of me would say that Clem is at heart a capitalist ergo the absolute truth might not always win out over self interest / ego, call it what you will.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: