Pages: 1 ... 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227402 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5790 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 07:41:10 »

OK, I get where you’re coming from, but what exactly are all these charlatans doing that is detrimental to the club.

Looking to exploit it for financial gain rather than investing in a “competitive budget” for starters…!
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #5791 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 07:42:40 »

OK, I get where you’re coming from, but what exactly are all these charlatans doing that is detrimental to the club.

Hang on - you don't want to be accused of being pro trust, you cant question his posts!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5792 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 07:43:01 »

Looking to exploit it for financial gain rather than investing in a “competitive budget” for starters…!

I get that football isn’t just any other business…but…
Aren’t all business owners looking to exploit said business for financial gain? That’s why they run businesses…
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5793 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 07:44:10 »

I think you need to get down from your soap box, my point was that if you want to do more than type on your keyboard, you have a way to influence it.

Yeah my bad, we did have loads of billionaires queuing up to take over STFC, I can't remember anyone else in the running? apart from 'Able' who no one knew anything about, unless I'm wrong?

The “only game in town” argument is fine on one level.

But did that necessitate the Trust jumping into bed with Clem et al, lock stock and barrel. Crystal awards, national media, we’ve got our club back and all the other madness?

I don’t see that it did. Healthy distance could and should have been maintained.

Did it necessitate the ground purchase at this point? No it didn’t.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #5794 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 07:47:02 »

DIV...
You must have had some very bad experiences in the past. The simply fact is there are good business people and just hope one day Town find one to help and assist the future of STFC.
Something good will come out of this situation. Just we cant see it yet.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5795 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 07:49:08 »

Did it necessitate the ground purchase at this point? No it didn’t.

Not sure I quite understand the phrasing here, are you suggesting that the joint venture shouldn't have completed the purchase whilst Clem was the owner, or that "being too close to Clem" wasn't necessary for the purchase to go ahead?
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5796 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 07:51:57 »

Not sure I quite understand the phrasing here, are you suggesting that the joint venture shouldn't have completed the purchase whilst Clem was the owner, or that "being too close to Clem" wasn't necessary for the purchase to go ahead?

Sorry, the former. Especially as there was plenty of doubt whether he was the owner! And with Zav, Hart et al in the wings.

And look, this is a forum, it’s about debate. I totally get there are differing opinions. I’m happy to defend my position but respect those that disagree with it.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 8, 2023, 07:55:13 by Mooneyraker » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5797 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 07:54:54 »

OK, I’ll run with that. Where can you point me so that I can see that the clubs income has been plundered.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5798 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 07:57:21 »

Sorry, the former.

And look, this is a forum, it’s about debate. I totally get there are differing opinions. I’m happy to defend my position but respect those that disagree with it.

As long as it's not criticising Tom Brewitt Wink

In which case, this is the first thing I fully disagree with you on - the ground purchase is a good thing, done well.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5799 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 07:57:52 »

DIV...
You must have had some very bad experiences in the past. The simply fact is there are good business people and just hope one day Town find one to help and assist the future of STFC.
Something good will come out of this situation. Just we cant see it yet.

…but…even good businessmen run their business for financial gain don’t they?
Whether a businessman is a ‘good’ one or a ‘bad’ one has nothing to do with whether they are trying to gain financially from said business.
They all do - that’s why it’s a business.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5800 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 07:59:31 »

OK, I’ll run with that. Where can you point me so that I can see that the clubs income has been plundered.

You are right, that isn't 'in the open' yet and I'm not a forensic accountant. When it all starts getting a bit 'Companies House' I have to defer to others!

But I would ask, do you think our current squad and skeleton office staff is commensurate to a club with 9,000 attendances and extremely high ticket prices that has recently been gifted a sizeable asset?
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5801 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 08:01:06 »

As long as it's not criticising Tom Brewitt Wink

In which case, this is the first thing I fully disagree with you on - the ground purchase is a good thing, done well.

It isn't even criticism of Brewitt I have an issue with! It's just targeting him and ignoring others. But yes, I have his poster above my bed  Cheesy
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #5802 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 08:04:02 »

Could it just be that Aberdeen has decided the hassle of being STFC CEO is not for him and he just wants to go back to being a supporter.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5803 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 08:19:13 »

Could it just be that Aberdeen has decided the hassle of being STFC CEO is not for him and he just wants to go back to being a supporter.

If you were Bob1973 I'd be thinking you could be Aberdeen!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5804 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 08:19:36 »

You are right, that isn't 'in the open' yet and I'm not a forensic accountant. When it all starts getting a bit 'Companies House' I have to defer to others!

But I would ask, do you think our current squad and skeleton office staff is commensurate to a club with 9,000 attendances and extremely high ticket prices that has recently been gifted a sizeable asset?
50% of an asset. How does anyone extract money from that. With or without Aberdeen the Trust will still have to be involved if someone wants to raise capital (borrow against) the ground. Current squad is just that - current. If a couple of free agents are signed would that be acceptable.

Sure, low levels of support staff is a pest when it affects someone personally - me turning up and the shop is shut - but that doesn’t impact the playing side.

Tbh, if the accounts filed annually revert back to Power’s minimalised version, that’s the time to worry. But while full accounts are filed for those more knowledgeable than me to pour over its pure conjecture that we’re being raped. Again, I don’t know if there are ways for some income to not go through the accounts and straight into pockets .
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: