Pages: 1 ... 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1230733 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5520 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 18:11:17 »

4.2m + debenture Rob?
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #5521 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 18:58:55 »

So, to help out an old fella who knows did all about accountancy. Are we in the shit?
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #5522 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 19:04:14 »

So, to help out an old fella who knows sod all about accountancy. Are we in the shit?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5523 on: Saturday, August 26, 2023, 16:25:53 »

No word of a lie, Clem could announce that Pablo Escobar is the real owner but if he stumps up for Kemp and Young no one will care anymore!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5524 on: Saturday, August 26, 2023, 16:44:23 »

No word of a lie, Clem could announce that Pablo Escobar is the real owner but if he stumps up for Kemp and Young no one will care anymore!

Well yes, see Newcastle/Man City/Chelsea for further details of how far football fans' ownership concerns usually go!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5525 on: Saturday, August 26, 2023, 16:52:51 »

Doesn't Adam Hart fancy himself as Britain's answer to PE anyway?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5526 on: Saturday, August 26, 2023, 17:18:50 »

Well yes, see Newcastle/Man City/Chelsea for further details of how far football fans' ownership concerns usually go!

Although the Chelsea fans own the ground.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5527 on: Saturday, August 26, 2023, 18:23:34 »

Owners spread all over the Home Counties then!

So, give no fucks
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #5528 on: Monday, September 4, 2023, 10:27:33 »

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc-seasiders-owner-simon-sadler-releases-statement-reiterating-his-commitment-to-the-club-following-recent-criticism-4278939

Interesting comparison. Some Blackpool fans are up in arms over their owners lack of ambition despite pumping in nearly £20mn in 4 years and always funding a competitive budget.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5529 on: Monday, September 4, 2023, 10:38:05 »

Haven't checked but wouldn't be surprised if there was a fringe element saying that it was better under the Oystons!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DMC

« Reply #5530 on: Monday, September 4, 2023, 10:42:52 »

I don't think many judged clem as such like that they would just like the club to be a bit more upfront and tell who is doing what and why
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5531 on: Monday, September 4, 2023, 10:56:11 »

I don't think many judged clem as such like that they would just like the club to be a bit more upfront and tell who is doing what and why

Yep - the issue for me isn't that Clem hasn't got much money, it's the cloak and dagger involvement of people (Kiely, Austin etc) who if we'd been informed were fully involved from the start then we'd be much more on board with....
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5532 on: Monday, September 4, 2023, 11:06:01 »

Yep - the issue for me isn't that Clem hasn't got much money, it's the cloak and dagger involvement of people (Kiely, Austin etc) who if we'd been informed were fully involved from the start then we'd be much more on board with....

Taking it one step further, it arguably isn't even that people are secretly involved... It is that they banged on about being open and transparent until they were blue in the face, so they have essentially created a massive rod for their own back.

I don't remember anyone being interested about Fitton/Arbib/Black and who had invested what and when (it probably helped that they weren't formerly career criminals) but the difference is that they hadn't ridden into Town on the Trust's white horse claiming that they were "the Messiah" who would be held to the highest standard in terms of transparency.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5533 on: Monday, September 4, 2023, 11:11:21 »

I am pretty sure thats the same for 90% of us fans.

We all know Clem isnt wealthy in football club ownership terms, in fact hes probably closer to the lower end of wealthy club owners.

I dont mind him getting in other outside investors, far from it, the more the merrier, if it funds spending on the gound/team then its worth it. Just dont hide it and blatantly lie saying you are the only owner when its pretty obvious you arent.

But dont bloody hide it from everyone, come out and say "running a club is way more expensive than I ever thought it would be" "I have taken the club as far as I can without added investment" that sort of thing, everyone would be happy to have new investment if it aids the club and doesnt just line the pockets of individuals.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #5534 on: Monday, September 4, 2023, 11:17:00 »

Hadn’t Clem always said that he wouldn’t take money out of the club (like Power did) and that we have to be run in a sustainable way, hence why they’ve tried to increase revenue as much as possible.

If you read between the lines there it’s clear he doesn’t have unlimited funds to pump into the club.

The issue that has people’s radar twitching is the fact that he was less than honest about the shares, and I’d say it’s very hard to win trust, but much easier to lose it
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: