Pages: 1 ... 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227697 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5115 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:25:31 »

So, why did Clem allegedly go down the silent partners route? Because Standing legally couldn't be involved? I don't see why Kiely, Hart, Zav, Mr BHS pension fund et al weren't able to have a publicly acknowledged shareholding if required.

My assumption is they were all pressing for a frontman.  Power was more than willing in his days - loved being at the centre and showing his footballing know how to the world.  Knew the lingo.

Once his time was up, they turned to Clem.  You get the club Clem, and you'll be a hero, just keep us hidden away to sort our own shit out please.

Zav probably knew that he couldn't actually "own" the club, as couldn't Standing, not really.  Better they be "silent".

I think they'd actually have all been better off to to explain Clem being said frontman and that there were some necessary partnerships that needed to be handled.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #5116 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:28:30 »

Just another normal day as a Town fan, hey?

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5117 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:28:57 »

Until the Power / Standing court case I'm sure we will never know how Standing was involved

Anyone know when this is due, its not some pre-cursor for the court case is it ?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5118 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:30:02 »

My assumption is they were all pressing for a frontman.  Power was more than willing in his days - loved being at the centre and showing his footballing know how to the world.  Knew the lingo.

Once his time was up, they turned to Clem.  You get the club Clem, and you'll be a hero, just keep us hidden away to sort our own shit out please.

Zav probably knew that he couldn't actually "own" the club, as couldn't Standing, not really.  Better they be "silent".

I think they'd actually have all been better off to to explain Clem being said frontman and that there were some necessary partnerships that needed to be handled.

Yes, exactly. This is my question: why the need to lie, time and again? Okay, Standing has the FA issue. Zav is a tinpot ex-con, but I do think post Power most people swallow that as a necessary evil. Unless, of course, that the real owner, as yet unidentified, is so heinous that it couldn't possibly be said.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5119 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:32:11 »

Because under Power, the front man did a marvelous job of keeping all the silent partners away from public pressure.  I think they thought they could just continue like that.  I don't think they realised just how secret squirrely the fans could be.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5120 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:33:47 »

I mean, until Power started thrashing around sorting himself out financially, they were all pretty well hidden for a time.  They only appeared when Power needed to be brought back into line and refused to.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5121 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:37:09 »

Because under Power, the front man did a marvelous job of keeping all the silent partners away from public pressure.  I think they thought they could just continue like that.  I don't think they realised just how secret squirrely the fans could be.

It's hardly the realms of Hercule Poirot to set up a Companies House notification...

Which Post Power they should have realised was going to get pinged.

I think Zav's ego has been the biggest issue for the 'Investment Club'. In the absence of Clem he has enjoyed the bright lights and dispensing largesse, which has only served to bring the spotlight on the whole lot of them. As you allude to, there was only enough oxygen for Power's ego before.  
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5122 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:45:10 »

Yes, exactly. This is my question: why the need to lie, time and again? Okay, Standing has the FA issue. Zav is a tinpot ex-con, but I do think post Power most people swallow that as a necessary evil. Unless, of course, that the real owner, as yet unidentified, is so heinous that it couldn't possibly be said.

Is it voldermort?
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5123 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:48:06 »

Is it voldermort?

Blofeld. Swinton Reds have just filed an application for a name change to SPECTRE Reds.

Joking aside, I have no idea. But I suspect that the Rolodexes of the key figures involved include many a wealthy wrong un.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5124 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:49:13 »

Nothing about the way the club has been run in recent years suggests the involvement of anyone properly wealthy!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5125 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:52:10 »

I wonder how much Kiely is getting for his 'data'. Must be a good old drink as cockney wideboy Jed would say.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5126 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 13:14:49 »

The legions of people flocking to facebook to mock people concerned about this that clearly have no earthly clue what is even happening is staggering.

"Haha look at those idiots concerned about something I haven't taken the time to understand"
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #5127 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 14:43:11 »

Haven't had the chance to fully read back, what is all the meltdown over?
Who are the so called investors and what is the shady background? Fucking busy at work so haven't the time or will power to go hunting Google.
Yep idle cunt, lazy cunt, just a cunt, any cunt you can think of that's me.
Thanks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5128 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 14:48:26 »

Haven't had the chance to fully read back, what is all the meltdown over?
Who are the so called investors and what is the shady background? Fucking busy at work so haven't the time or will power to go hunting Google.
Yep idle cunt, lazy cunt, just a cunt, any cunt you can think of that's me.
Thanks

Clem signed 20% of the club over to a Hollie Kiely and Bethany Parladorio last September, around the same time of the 'misprint' of Chris Keily being down as a director, which has just come up on companies house now.

Was asked at the fan forum and claimed this is also an error with no explanation on who these people are and that they would "take no further questions on it"
DMC

« Reply #5129 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 14:57:15 »

Absolutely this. I jnow there was a huge fall out between Austin and Power that became very nasty. I think as you say Clem has likely now realised how hard it is to get rid of Powers ex pals.

What gives me hope is that he does seem to be getting his way with more footballing decisions , reading between the lines last year Sandro was Kieleys choice and they didn't want Austin, He overuled that. They have also moved Harts medical team out the club and got rid of kieleys man Sandro and Morris.  I think Rob obviously knows the score and people like him are probably what has kept the wof from the door and made sure finances are kept in check

I get the impression down the club theres a big us &them element. Wouldn't suprise me if that is why Clem has not been back in so long too
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: