Pages: 1 ... 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227391 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5100 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:38:54 »

Whoever the dude is in the jazzy shirt...if you post on here then I'm a big fan  Smiley

They've all gone a little shy there must be at least on who post on here😀

So, give no fucks
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #5101 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:39:06 »

They cant spin that, it has always been said Clem is 100% owner of stfc - companies house is now saying different

Rob was not reading from a prepared statement last night but as CEO you would like to think he would know what he is talking about, so if he is saying clem owns 100% then we need to take that on trust and for Clem & Rob to provide that proof and explain why CH says differently - and how this was filed at CH and by who, and I have no interest in Clem appearing on one of these friendly podcasts to explain it, I want it in black and white.

Mate I agree entirely. I can just envisage that's what will happen and a sizeable chunk of the fanbase will vehemently defend that as the pure truth and call anyone doubting it a 'so called fan'.

There no fucking way on God's green earth that got filed in error, they may even go and reverse it to save face and go back to whatever gentlemens agreement was in place before, but it was intentional and clear proof Clem isn't sole owner.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5102 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:42:39 »

Already seen some mouth breathing bootlickers on Facebook making fun of people because obviously they are so much smarter than anyone else.

Absolute clowns.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5103 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:47:53 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/january/karachi-visit-on-the-horizon-for-academy-coach-and-vice-chairman/

Just to change tack and highlight last night's reverse ferret again. Here's a post about "our thriving academy" posted on the club's official website... this year. But hey, we never had anything to do with that. [Waves hand] This is not the Academy you are looking for!
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #5104 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:51:29 »

While this is a complete fuck up and looks rubbish, the club is in a much better state than it has been for a long time.

It does dent confidence in Clem but let's not forget that he has invested a lot of money, helped secure the ground, paying off debt. If he had sold a small stake then I would be too bothered but the 'mistake' does need explaining.

The over the top drama on here is ridiculous though, do you want another chancer like Power or Jed?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5105 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:53:43 »

That they meant to transfer shares in a different company and did Swinton by mistake? Seems unlikely.

No doubt this will lead to my being labelled a lick boot happy clapper (and probably a snowflake and woke for good effect), but from personal experience this actually happens when you have accountants/lawyers acting for a client over several different companies/subsidiaries etc and a message gets lost in translation, no idea if its the case in this example but it does happen.

Just a wider observation, there has been a huge amount of traffic on SM over the last 24 hours regarding Clem being dodgy and things being crap, the Trust being useless and their position untenable etc, so what is the plan to move forward from this then?

When Diamond Mike was involved and things got shit, quite a few of the fan base (including a fair few on here) got their arses in gear and a group was formed to formally put pressure on beyond the interweb, is something like that bubbling away in the background now that people can get behind to force change for the good of the club, first obvious approach would be a boycott of games no merchandise etc?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5106 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:54:05 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/january/karachi-visit-on-the-horizon-for-academy-coach-and-vice-chairman/

Just to change tack and highlight last night's reverse ferret again. Here's a post about "our thriving academy" posted on the club's official website... this year. But hey, we never had anything to do with that. [Waves hand] This is not the Academy you are looking for!

There is only so much veneer needed - once the official stamps are all in place and the "scheme" is up and running, you are then handing off to the immigration Administration complex (a beast) that will look at the paperwork and not so much the training ground.

While my process to the USA is clearly different as it is the US Immigration service at play, the process was a pure Admin grind.  Go here, sign this, fill in this form, pay this fee, and then a final "interview" which was at a type of post office window with a woman who asked we my name, who I worked for, what my job was and who were the people applying with me........approved and stamped, see you in the USA soon.

I'd imagine they have reached that stage now - process largely in place, groundwork completed to make it all above board in a legal sense.  Now someone just has to grease the palms to be identified as the right talent to apply for the scholarship and accompanying Visa.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5107 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:03:23 »

No doubt this will lead to my being labelled a lick boot happy clapper (and probably a snowflake and woke for good effect), but from personal experience this actually happens when you have accountants/lawyers acting for a client over several different companies/subsidiaries etc and a message gets lost in translation, no idea if its the case in this example but it does happen.

Just a wider observation, there has been a huge amount of traffic on SM over the last 24 hours regarding Clem being dodgy and things being crap, the Trust being useless and their position untenable etc, so what is the plan to move forward from this then?

When Diamond Mike was involved and things got shit, quite a few of the fan base (including a fair few on here) got their arses in gear and a group was formed to formally put pressure on beyond the interweb, is something like that bubbling away in the background now that people can get behind to force change for the good of the club, first obvious approach would be a boycott of games no merchandise etc?

You see, I think there maybe a handful in the camp you describe - clear the decks types.

However, I think most would actually be absolutely OK with the potential mystery situation described as being public and just the way things are.  If Clem had come out and said - "It's been a struggle, I'm OK financially, but not a person with pockets deep enough to fund a football club for five years and I need help.  That could be people investing money in return for shares or even investing expertise for shares, either way, it's going to take a Village.  And yes, some of those people are the same ones who were around before, because they, like me, were also stitched up and owed something"

Then take the necessary legal actions to get that all in place.

I think that would have flown.  Some may grind their gears on the names, but you can sort of understand it all.

I'm with Dean - I think Clem himself is OK.  I think he was sold an opportunity for his business and the glamour of football at the same time.  He got stitched up, he was probably tapped up by those who decided Power had to go and he become the front man.  He knows those types because of the industry he works in.  He has to ensure they all get their return from this and he may well need some money to add to his.   I have no issue with that - I'd wish we had someone to just pay them all to fuck off, but it seems we don't.

How this impacts the club - well, two years in this fucking Division without promotion is what you get.  A mix of well intentioned operations and some ethically grey schemes.  A team not funded as well as it maybe could/should be, but not left to rot because they realise the goose that lays their golden egg is coming (the ground).

Something like that.

I just wish they grew some fucking balls and fronted up.  Laid it all out, and showed us the plan.  If we are robbing a bank together, lets all at least agree on it and figure out what we need to do on the job.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #5108 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:07:08 »

MTK Global?

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/mtk-global-boxing-management-company-ceasing-operations-after-co-founder-and-alleged-crime-boss-daniel-kinahan-sanctioned-12594490

As for Morfuni, If you think what’s going on is a mistake or normal, then you keep thinking that. It’s virtually impossible for this to be a mistake. Fully expect them to try and rescind/withdraw the shares though so it all looks above board, then a classic off the books handshake deal for the necessary parties to get the brown envelopes.

Said it yesterday, Swindon Town fan Rob Angus and Owner Morfuni have been lying to the fans for nearly a year. They’ve been spouting at Kiely is just a contractor offering data. Turns out he’s alot more than that. They can’t be trusted, simple as that, countless fuck ups and miscommunications before yesterday (albeit this new, or not so new,case appearing to be much more serious) how many more do you keep accepting? Waiting for the Trust now, that statement for now is fine but for me as a paying member,  a good start would be for them  to completely distance themselves from these monthly  custard cream coffee mornings with friends - seeing as they’ve been lying through back teeth in them for nearly a year.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5109 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:09:45 »

You see, I think there maybe a handful in the camp you describe - clear the decks types.

However, I think most would actually be absolutely OK with the potential mystery situation described as being public and just the way things are.  If Clem had come out and said - "It's been a struggle, I'm OK financially, but not a person with pockets deep enough to fund a football club for five years and I need help.  That could be people investing money in return for shares or even investing expertise for shares, either way, it's going to take a Village.  And yes, some of those people are the same ones who were around before, because they, like me, were also stitched up and owed something"

Then take the necessary legal actions to get that all in place.

I think that would have flown.  Some may grind their gears on the names, but you can sort of understand it all.

I'm with Dean - I think Clem himself is OK.  I think he was sold an opportunity for his business and the glamour of football at the same time.  He got stitched up, he was probably tapped up by those who decided Power had to go and he become the front man.  He knows those types because of the industry he works in.  He has to ensure they all get their return from this and he may well need some money to add to his.   I have no issue with that - I'd wish we had someone to just pay them all to fuck off, but it seems we don't.

How this impacts the club - well, two years in this fucking Division without promotion is what you get.  A mix of well intentioned operations and some ethically grey schemes.  A team not funded as well as it maybe could/should be, but not left to rot because they realise the goose that lays their golden egg is coming (the ground).

Something like that.

I just wish they grew some fucking balls and fronted up.  Laid it all out, and showed us the plan.  If we are robbing a bank together, lets all at least agree on it and figure out what we need to do on the job.

Very well put. The deception is the issue here. Post Power I'm sure most fans would have had little issue holding their noses at some of the people involved if it had been laid out this way.

It is always the cover up that gets you in the end.

Couple that with anger at the Trust for how they have approached it and a degree of PTSD from Jed and Power, even Diamandis, and you have the toxic situation we find ourselves in.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #5110 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:16:25 »

I'm with Dean - I think Clem himself is OK.  I think he was sold an opportunity for his business and the glamour of football at the same time.  He got stitched up, he was probably tapped up by those who decided Power had to go and he become the front man.  He knows those types because of the industry he works in.  He has to ensure they all get their return from this and he may well need some money to add to his.   I have no issue with that - I'd wish we had someone to just pay them all to fuck off, but it seems we don't.
I agree with all of your post but just wanted to clarify my memory with others and offer a slight additional motive - Clem was already an investor in town so during the Power era, so may have also been trying to recoup his investment?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5111 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:17:36 »

You'd have to be a complete fucking moron to believe both the misprint story of Chris Kiely being a director and this error explanation for companies house, which both happened around the same time.

Anyone reading this that does, would you like to buy a bridge?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5112 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:18:48 »

I agree with all of your post but just wanted to clarify my memory with others and offer a slight additional motive - Clem was already an investor in town so during the Power era, so may have also been trying to recoup his investment?

That was the time I was referring to, when he chucked 1.6m into the club under Power.  My assumption is he knew some of the hangers on from his business and they were scouting for people with money to keep the gig going.  He got sold on that idea - good for business and sexy as fuck being in football.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5113 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:21:18 »

So, why did Clem allegedly go down the silent partners route? Because Standing legally couldn't be involved? I don't see why Kiely, Hart, Zav, Mr BHS pension fund et al weren't able to have a publicly acknowledged shareholding if required.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #5114 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 12:21:26 »

That was the time I was referring to, when he chucked 1.6m into the club under Power.  My assumption is he knew some of the hangers on from his business and they were scouting for people with money to keep the gig going.  He got sold on that idea - good for business and sexy as fuck being in football.
Then we are in total agreement. A first on the internet, congrats us

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: