Pages: 1 ... 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1230729 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5070 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 09:19:14 »

I do genuinely believe Clem has the best interests of the club at heart, but in order to get the club he surrounded himself with absolute vultures and that is really hurting everyone involved.

The whole "oh yeah, accident" card can only be played so many times and it's already overused. Trust really need to push them on this, and if they can't, we need a Trust for the Trust.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5071 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 09:36:37 »

Little did Clem know that the fanbase was actually Mystery Incorporated.
And he would have gotten away with it without you medlin kids....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #5072 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 09:36:39 »

For what it's worth, I've heard there is a statement coming from the club about this.

Which is of course the least they can do.

For someone who pays into the trust, albeit a small amount, I'm watching their involvement with interest.
If they're losing "trust" with their own supporters and contributors, they're not likely to get fans putting any money into the ground ventures (which sounds a ludicrous) when that's when the fans will be needed most.

« Last Edit: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 09:46:30 by Kaufman » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5073 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 09:41:29 »

And he would have gotten away with it without you medlin kids....

He doesn't sound like he has a scooby doo what he is doing, to be fair.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5074 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 09:47:32 »

Has anyone emailed or contacted the Trust yet to air their concerns? If enough of us got in contact, could well end up needing to be discussed by them like how a petition works in Parliament etc

I emailed the Trust with the questions in this earlier post here for the Advisory Board, and got back an email confirming they'd been received pretty quickly - that was before the Fans Forum last night. The response said the Trust were also looking to clarify themselves. 
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5075 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 09:48:54 »

I appreciate why so many people wanted to believe in Clem after Power but this was all so blindingly obviously shady from day one.

I simply don't understand why the Trust went all in on this. They had no reason to that I can understand.

Sure, Clem was likely the only game in town in terms of a quick takeover that could save the club ahead of the new season but they could and should have maintained a neutral position. Instead, they went in up to their eyeballs. Why?

As I've said before, this regime were not shy in putting Zav Austin's involvement out there. We had that insane statement about him being attacked very early on! Then there was that vomit inducing piece about how a Trust member wanted to buy him a pint. There was plenty to be found out or at least be suspicious about him from a cursory glance on the web, and yet the Trust seemingly didn't even bother to do that. When the red flags mounted up they put out some guff about how they had done their due diligence on him. Really?

The whole Vice Chairman debacle was risible. He was NEVER going to pass a FPP test, ever. The Trust must have known this. Yet they seemingly went along with it.

We've had the Karachi caper, with a literally made up football club, and Zav schmoozing in Government photographs on Whitehall, despite no longer "being involved."

There have been constant rumours of Standing's involvement and yet we are told that Clem is the 100% owner, or 100% the owner... nuanced!

This latest Companies House shitshow is the cherry on top. The lies are barefaced and brazen.

Now it may be that behind the scenes, Aberdeen and the Trust are fighting an extraordinary battle against the forces of darkness, but none of the above leads me to believe that that is the case. Isn't it time that the Trust was open and transparent, especially if the club won't be? There is nothing wrong in admitting you've made a mistake. Their job isn't to have access, so if they lose it then so be it. In a way, they can't lose access as they are joint owners of the ground, so perhaps now they can take a stand?

Apologies for the ramble but if you look at this sorry tale of bullshit from start to finish and still can't see that something is rotten then there is no hope!

I guess the question is, what would anything achieve? The FA will be all over this when the Power case eventually gets decided. Maybe we just turn a blind eye and enjoy the football before that eventual guillotine comes slamming down on our neck. Either way, the events of yesterday were grist to the FA mill.

Edit - I haven't even mentioned Kiely and Adam Hart's accidental job descriptions... and I'm sure plenty more gems from the last 24 months. It really is endless!
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 09:54:05 by Mooneyraker » Logged
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #5076 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 09:49:32 »

I emailed the Trust with the questions in this earlier post here for the Advisory Board, and got back an email confirming they'd been received pretty quickly - that was before the Fans Forum last night. The response said the Trust were also looking to clarify themselves. 
Cheers Nemo. Will give the Trust time to clarify themselves.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5077 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:01:53 »

I appreciate why so many people wanted to believe in Clem after Power but this was all so blindingly obviously shady from day one.

I simply don't understand why the Trust went all in on this. They had no reason to that I can understand.

Sure, Clem was likely the only game in town in terms of a quick takeover that could save the club ahead of the new season but they could and should have maintained a neutral position. Instead, they went in up to their eyeballs. Why?

As I've said before, this regime were not shy in putting Zav Austin's involvement out there. We had that insane statement about him being attacked very early on! Then there was that vomit inducing piece about how a Trust member wanted to buy him a pint. There was plenty to be found out or at least be suspicious about him from a cursory glance on the web, and yet the Trust seemingly didn't even bother to do that. When the red flags mounted up they put out some guff about how they had done their due diligence on him. Really?

The whole Vice Chairman debacle was risible. He was NEVER going to pass a FPP test, ever. The Trust must have known this. Yet they seemingly went along with it.

We've had the Karachi caper, with a literally made up football club, and Zav schmoozing in Government photographs on Whitehall, despite no longer "being involved."

There have been constant rumours of Standing's involvement and yet we are told that Clem is the 100% owner, or 100% the owner... nuanced!

This latest Companies House shitshow is the cherry on top. The lies are barefaced and brazen.

Now it may be that behind the scenes, Aberdeen and the Trust are fighting an extraordinary battle against the forces of darkness, but none of the above leads me to believe that that is the case. Isn't it time that the Trust was open and transparent, especially if the club won't be? There is nothing wrong in admitting you've made a mistake. Their job isn't to have access, so if they lose it then so be it. In a way, they can't lose access as they are joint owners of the ground, so perhaps now they can take a stand?

Apologies for the ramble but if you look at this sorry tale of bullshit from start to finish and still can't see that something is rotten then there is no hope!

I guess the question is, what would anything achieve? The FA will be all over this when the Power case eventually gets decided. Maybe we just turn a blind eye and enjoy the football before that eventual guillotine comes slamming down on our neck. Either way, the events of yesterday were grist to the FA mill.

Missing the Adam Hart/MTK Global gangsters hanging around as well!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5078 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:01:59 »

I'm really not happy with a lot of things about the current ownership, but I think this is deeply unfair - Clem is clearly not perfect and there are many questions to answer, but he's a world away from late stage Power. Whatever bad stuff has happened, the club has stabilised a bit, and - more importantly than anything else - we've purchased the ground with a strong element of fan control/ownership. That would not have happened under Power as the Eady Trust weren't going to give him anything. Of the two options we had at the time (assuming Able = Power), Clem was the right one even in hindsight.

That doesn't mean that no criticism is valid now, and no questions should be asked.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #5079 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:03:20 »

Missing the Adam Hart/MTK Global gangsters hanging around as well!
MTK Global?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5080 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:05:03 »

MTK Global?

That is who he is mates with. All part of the cocaine trade. There was even a boxer going round with a Swindon training jacket with MTK Global on it at one point.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5081 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:07:49 »

I'm really not happy with a lot of things about the current ownership, but I think this is deeply unfair - Clem is clearly not perfect and there are many questions to answer, but he's a world away from late stage Power. Whatever bad stuff has happened, the club has stabilised a bit, and - more importantly than anything else - we've purchased the ground with a strong element of fan control/ownership. That would not have happened under Power as the Eady Trust weren't going to give him anything. Of the two options we had at the time (assuming Able = Power), Clem was the right one even in hindsight.

That doesn't mean that no criticism is valid now, and no questions should be asked.

Don't disagree with that. I'm just asking why, rather than cautiously backing him, they became his #1 cheerleaders. That's all I've asked, which doesn't feel wildly unfair.

And I agree, some good things have happened under Clem. It really isn't all bad. More than anything my main issues are:

The Trust's lack of independence/cosiness with the regime.

Undesirables at the top table.

Clem having made a rod for his own back by trumpeting his openness and transparency, when the circumstances of his ownership seemingly made that impossible to fulfil.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5082 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:12:25 »

Liam Wells, who is trained by Adam Hart, hence why he had a Swindon Town jacket lying around.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5083 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:14:22 »

This whole debacle is all the more painful after the limbs on the terrace at FGR 36 hours ago.  Crying
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5084 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:38:01 »

Trust statement: https://truststfc.com/2023/08/17/truststfc-statement-regarding-ownership-of-swindon-town-football-club/

Along with others in the fan community, TrustSTFC became aware via Companies House notifications of a confirmation statement for the holding company of Swindon Town Football Club, which indicated that shares had been allocated to two individuals.

Last night, Rob Angus made a statement at the Fans Forum regarding this notification where he said “we were made aware  this morning via Companies House that there was a confirmation statement update on the ownership structure of Axis Football Investments Limited of Swindon Town Football Club.”

Rob continued “It’s something that we became aware of at the same time you did. We have spoken to Clem about it and he believes that the statement has been filed in error. He has confirmed to us that he is the 100% owner of the football club and a corrective confirmation statement will be submitted as soon as possible.”

In our role to represent the fans, and being individual fans ourselves, we are concerned by the notification submitted to Companies House. Clem has repeatedly confirmed to us that he is 100% owner of the Football Club during his ownership and we are seeking clarification from the club to understand how this error has occurred.

We are also requesting that the Club provides this clarification in an open and transparent manner, as soon as possible, for all fans to understand what is happening with our football club.

TrustSTFC Board

-

Not saying much at this stage but at least acknowledging the concern.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: