Pages: 1 ... 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1230540 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #4995 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:30:04 »

Before everyone goes into meltdown about the involvement of the Paladorio family, and people Eddie might have represented in the past, it's worth saying that his involvement in advising the club is not surprising , he's one of the most high profile football lawyers in the UK, or any kind of a secret, he's been attending the advisory board since the first one in September 2021. His picture is on the club website at that meeting. And his wife's name is Bethany. 30 seconds on Google ffs.

As for Ms Kiely, I'm going to take a guess that she might be someone that Clem has got involved to provide some expertise on exploiting the commercial potential of the County Ground redevelopment as I think she's one of the Directors of GCW, who are a national firm of advisors on town centre commercial property.

Those are a couple of people I might want on board if I was trying to develop a  football club and ground for the first time. Ok putting the shares in the wife's name is a bit questionable but it might be as simple as EP needing to maintain some semblance of independence if he's going to continue to represent other football clients. My only issue with him is his involvement in the purchase, asset stripping and bankrupting of BHS that left 10000 or so out of work and fucked their pensions. Ok he wasn't the prime culprit or beneficiary but he was the legal advisor.

Anyway, they seem to hold shares in a holding company, which CM maintains an absolute controlling interest in. They're not listed as directors or officers of that company, let alone of the club. How the fuck does anyone think that is a material change in the control of the club?

Seriously do you think Wolves fans spend their time worrying about who holds minority stakes in Fuson, or Liverpool fans in Fenway? The only important question is who has control, and is that control secure. Who sits on the club's board with their voting rights is the important thing, and the only director of the holding company is the only shareholder sitting on the club board so has 100% of the voting rights on that board.

But hey ... Feel free to construct your own bonkers conspiracy theories about  the whole thing and get yourselves all worked up for shits and giggles if that's what you need to fill your day.

..never go back.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4996 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:31:02 »

First things first, we as fans need to demand the actual answers or the Trust pull the advisory board and start distancing themselves.

Answer the questions we want answering properly or don't bother with it. No need for the charade any longer.

The Trust are utterly compromised from top to bottom.

They need to become a vehicle for the stadium alone.

Someone/something else needs to take this up, run by people who aren't impressed by Zav Austin paying for dinner with a wadge of £50 notes.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4997 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:32:02 »

We’ve had JanAirplaneMan on here before assuring us Clem was the sole, 100% owner who is in it for the long haul.

I wonder how many of the new signings are associated with Standing’s agency - the one he stood down from.

Someone said Flynn himself is, I think.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4998 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:32:24 »

We’ve had JanAirplaneMan on here before assuring us Clem was the sole, 100% owner who is in it for the long haul.
Spencer may as well be Clem’s personal spokesman, I’m sure he’ll be on here before long to defend his beloved. It’s like he has a weird crush on Clem and can do no wrong and unfortunately that’s symptomatic of the Trust as a whole.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #4999 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:33:49 »

Before everyone goes into meltdown about the involvement of the Paladorio family, and people Eddie might have represented in the past, it's worth saying that his involvement in advising the club is not surprising , he's one of the most high profile football lawyers in the UK, or any kind of a secret, he's been attending the advisory board since the first one in September 2021. His picture is on the club website at that meeting. And his wife's name is Bethany. 30 seconds on Google ffs.

As for Ms Kiely, I'm going to take a guess that she might be someone that Clem has got involved to provide some expertise on exploiting the commercial potential of the County Ground redevelopment as I think she's one of the Directors of GCW, who are a national firm of advisors on town centre commercial property.

Those are a couple of people I might want on board if I was trying to develop a  football club and ground for the first time. Ok putting the shares in the wife's name is a bit questionable but it might be as simple as EP needing to maintain some semblance of independence if he's going to continue to represent other football clients. My only issue with him is his involvement in the purchase, asset stripping and bankrupting of BHS that left 10000 or so out of work and fucked their pensions. Ok he wasn't the prime culprit or beneficiary but he was the legal advisor.

Anyway, they seem to hold shares in a holding company, which CM maintains an absolute controlling interest in. They're not listed as directors or officers of that company, let alone of the club. How the fuck does anyone think that is a material change in the control of the club?

Seriously do you think Wolves fans spend their time worrying about who holds minority stakes in Fuson, or Liverpool fans in Fenway? The only important question is who has control, and is that control secure. Who sits on the club's board with their voting rights is the important thing, and the only director of the holding company is the only shareholder sitting on the club board so has 100% of the voting rights on that board.

But hey ... Feel free to construct your own bonkers conspiracy theories about  the whole thing and get yourselves all worked up for shits and giggles if that's what you need to fill your day.

I don't think people have an issue with either Kiely or Paladorio having shares or being Directors though, I certainly don't. The issue people have is being continuously lied to and taken for fools with North Korean style explanations after the fact. The club would have had to have submitted the authorisation documents to Companies House for this which is arduous. This can't be an innocent mistake.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5000 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:33:56 »

All good points, but if all is benign why the backtracking quicker than an Italian army.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5001 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:34:26 »

Eh?  Pretty much the entire response has been to the fact the club said it never happened in the first place, not what the two people may or may not be doing with the business.  It was also mentioned, before the odd statement, that Eddie has been very publicly involved, so would be a a very valid reason for getting some shares.

You seem to have responded to a bunch of posts that haven't happened yet.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5002 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:35:35 »

So generously, this has clearly come as a surprise to the Trust and to Angus. The statement today is unimpressive, but it's not unfair that they might need a bit more time. People I trust trust Angus, so I expect him - and the Trust - to ask some serious questions in the next couple of days and update the record.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5003 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:37:08 »

it was all an error anyway, so clearly they don't own shares.

and therein lies the problem.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5004 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:46:09 »

Those are a couple of people I might want on board if I was trying to develop a  football club and ground for the first time. Ok putting the shares in the wife's name is a bit questionable but it might be as simple as EP needing to maintain some semblance of independence if he's going to continue to represent other football clients. My only issue with him is his involvement in the purchase, asset stripping and bankrupting of BHS that left 10000 or so out of work and fucked their pensions. Ok he wasn't the prime culprit or beneficiary but he was the legal advisor.

But hey ... Feel free to construct your own bonkers conspiracy theories about  the whole thing and get yourselves all worked up for shits and giggles if that's what you need to fill your day.

The holding company owns the club, doesn't it?

Ok so they may not be the wives of the two people we think they are and it might just be one big coincidence they happen to have the same last names.....how about instead of lie to us and tell us its a companies house mistake, fill us in on who the fuck they are and show some of that open transparency the club apparently prides itself on.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5005 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:46:43 »

it was all an error anyway, so clearly they don't own shares.

and therein lies the problem.

Well let us see how long it takes the company secretary ’who ever they are?’ To amend accordingly.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #5006 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:49:12 »

On the subject of dodgy characters, apparently Swindon’s most infamous fraudster and all round bellend who is not long out of prison was amongst the club officials last night! Don’t shoot the messenger

Zav hasn’t gone anywhere in terms of attending matches either, taking the guest of the club role very seriously!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5007 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:50:19 »

On the subject of dodgy characters, apparently Swindon’s most infamous fraudster and all round bellend who is not long out of prison was amongst the club officials last night! Don’t shoot the messenger

Zav hasn’t gone anywhere in terms of attending matches either, taking the guest of the club role very seriously!

Same lad who Power sold the bit of land off for his cars?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #5008 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:51:49 »

That’s the one
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5009 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:51:53 »

Chris Kiely racing directors
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 ... 849   Go Up
Print