Pages: 1 ... 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1229704 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4980 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:17:35 »

So, is any of this stuff in any way illegal or against FA rules? Or is it just a ‘hide it from the fans’ kind of thing.

What’s the advantage to Clem or the club by being secretive about this lark.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4981 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:17:41 »

Today was certainly air your dirty laundry day Cheesy

Dukey was right many months ago when he said it would all come out in the wash!

So, give no fucks
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #4982 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:18:49 »

What was the reverse ferret on Karachi BTW? That it was never anything to do with the club...?

From the adver blog. Jamie Russell regarding Karachi: Our main focus is on the Australian link. That was a different driver, and not something directly associated with the club. The club have not washed their hands with it, though, as one fan asked.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4983 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:20:35 »

Nothing much to do.

Keep up the vigilance and scrutiny. Question everything. Trust nothing.

Try to head off anything dodgy as it comes to light
-------
Thought it was odd that kiely didn't fuck off with "his man" Sandro.
-----
Thing is, the club on the face of it seems to be much better run than for quite some time in that afaik suppliers are being paid and nobody is coming round to reposes the Rolex.

Things like this just destroy trust

It's only a 7m turnover a year business, it shouldn't be that hard to run.  I imagine plenty of people run their own businesses in Swindon that are bigger and more complex.

I still don't think Clem is a bad nut as such, just has no idea how to run a football club in a different Country and knows some less than stellar people to help him out.   Not trying to be offensive, but I expect he knows plenty of people who have some degree of dodginess in their past based on the industry he works in.  I imagine old habits die hard, even when trying to do the right thing overall.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4984 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:21:32 »

Quote from: Mooneyraker
What was the reverse ferret on Karachi BTW? That it was never anything to do with the club...?
pretty much. it was always "external", wasn't sure if it was continuing and they club push was for ties in Australia

of course somebody dug this out within 30 seconds

https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/1491456070543634434?t=CJf-9jpvUrkB60Fgl7eJfA&s=19
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4985 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:22:08 »

From the adver blog. Jamie Russell regarding Karachi: Our main focus is on the Australian link. That was a different driver, and not something directly associated with the club. The club have not washed their hands with it, though, as one fan asked.

Oh yeah, not directly associated with the club at all. They just had their client journalist at Sky Sports flown out to cover the whole charade, which had been all over the club's website.

I'm saddened that they think our entire fanbase is dense enough to swallow this faeces.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4986 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:23:02 »

It's only a 7m turnover a year business, it shouldn't be that hard to run.  I imagine plenty of people run their own businesses in Swindon that are bigger and more complex.

I still don't think Clem is a bad nut as such, just has no idea how to run a football club in a different Country and knows some less than stellar people to help him out.   Not trying to be offensive, but I expect he knows plenty of people who have some degree of dodginess in their past based on the industry he works in.  I imagine old habits die hard, even when trying to do the right thing overall.

Genuinely hope you're right, because I'm getting a bad feeling about this.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4987 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:24:15 »

pretty much. it was always "external", wasn't sure if it was continuing and they club push was for ties in Australia

https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/1491456070543634434?t=CJf-9jpvUrkB60Fgl7eJfA&s=19

The club that never existed.

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4988 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:24:21 »

Quite
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4989 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:25:22 »

So, is any of this stuff in any way illegal or against FA rules? Or is it just a ‘hide it from the fans’ kind of thing.

What’s the advantage to Clem or the club by being secretive about this lark.

Well, if the answer from the club today is to be believed, they are popping into the Deloreon and sorting all the mess out so it never happened in the first place and Clem is still the sole owner of the business entity that owns the Football Club.

If we believe the paperwork, it just means we have some shareholders other than Clem, who are the wives of two people heavily involved in the operations of the business over the past couple of years.  One of whom we try to keep hidden in cupboard because he must be very ugly or something, like John Merrick.

I don't know that the second option is all that worrisome - we don't really know.  The issue is more that nobody thought to mention it, or believed nobody would ever notice.  Pesky kids.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4990 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:25:27 »

It's only a 7m turnover a year business, it shouldn't be that hard to run.  I imagine plenty of people run their own businesses in Swindon that are bigger and more complex.

I still don't think Clem is a bad nut as such, just has no idea how to run a football club in a different Country and knows some less than stellar people to help him out.   Not trying to be offensive, but I expect he knows plenty of people who have some degree of dodginess in their past based on the industry he works in.  I imagine old habits die hard, even when trying to do the right thing overall.

I'm not having it. The bloke is brazenly lying to us.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4991 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:27:17 »

First things first, we as fans need to demand the actual answers or the Trust pull the advisory board and start distancing themselves.

Answer the questions we want answering properly or don't bother with it. No need for the charade any longer.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4992 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:28:40 »

Just looking for my orange hat
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4993 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:28:57 »

We’ve had JanAirplaneMan on here before assuring us Clem was the sole, 100% owner who is in it for the long haul.

I wonder how many of the new signings are associated with Standing’s agency - the one he stood down from.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #4994 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:29:36 »

First things first, we as fans need to demand the actual answers or the Trust pull the advisory board and start distancing themselves.

Answer the questions we want answering properly or don't bother with it. No need for the charade any longer.
If enough of the trust membership email/enquire on the point, they would have to surely at least do something about it?
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: