Pages: 1 ... 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1229438 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #4470 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 08:24:20 »

Corrected for you Smiley
Cheesy
It's inevitable
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #4471 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 08:26:15 »

I'd imagine that Morfuni is open to selling as long as a condition of the sale is that Axis get the construction work. That complicates things, because that deal would then need to be negotiated as well as the sale of the club. New owners wouldn't simply write a blank cheque to Axis. I also wonder how new owners would view the fan ownership of the ground (accepting that this is a great safety net for survival, but does it inhibit new investment from owners that want full ownership of the ground?....).

It's tricky. We're in the process, it seems, of watching a slow but steady reduction in our league status because the owners have the intention but not the means to financially compete with the best in League 2. We're at the stage that we're potentially giving up one of our good prospects in Lavinier because we can't pay a tribunal fee to a village team....If that's the case, then it is difficult to see what a realistic long-term plan is. Muddle along, on a shoestring budget (or at least one that is mid-table) and *hope* that we don't fall through the trapdoor. If we go up, then what? We certainly couldn't financially compete then without more investment. Michael Doughty, now's the time to see that the future is STFC and not trainers....
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 08:31:53 by Frigby Daser » Logged
DMC

« Reply #4472 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 08:28:47 »

He is not selling at all. 100 percent false that the club is up for sale
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4473 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 08:30:29 »

For any football club, the ground always seems to be the golden egg, the piece of real estate that's your biggest asset. For a new consortium/investor to come in and not have access to that asset, surely makes it not very appealing. The only real way for them to make money is to come in, invest heavily, get up the leagues and then sell onto a more wealthy consortium when in the Championship/Premiership. That's a huge gamble based on where we are currently.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #4474 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 09:03:54 »

I'm sure if the right offer came up, he would be stupid not to sell? 

The stadium not being owned 100% by the club I doubt is an issue, with a long lease agreed they can still do what they want re development and the land isn't worth much due to the covenants on the land.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4475 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 09:44:26 »

@wobby - park in Tesco car park. Walk to get steps up Smiley
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4476 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 10:10:18 »

For any football club, the ground always seems to be the golden egg, the piece of real estate that's your biggest asset. For a new consortium/investor to come in and not have access to that asset, surely makes it not very appealing. The only real way for them to make money is to come in, invest heavily, get up the leagues and then sell onto a more wealthy consortium when in the Championship/Premiership. That's a huge gamble based on where we are currently.

How exactly do you "not have access" to it? You half own it and only have to pay "rent" to the fans on the other half, which is then reinvested in the club anyway.

It doesn't really stop you doing anything unless its unscrupulous.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4477 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 10:16:11 »

How exactly do you "not have access" to it? You half own it and only have to pay "rent" to the fans on the other half, which is then reinvested in the club anyway.

It doesn't really stop you doing anything unless its unscrupulous.

Yeah my wording was very poor. I guess not having "complete" access would have been more accurate. I guess it probably helps keep the more unscrupulous owners away, which is clearly a positive thing. The chances of having a wealthy scrupulous owner that is passionate about STFC does seem minimal though, sadly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4478 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 10:48:07 »

Yeah, it might make it harder to sell, but hopefully less likely to end up with a bunch of Jed McCroaaarry chancers.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4479 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 10:49:07 »

Suspect the club has been for sale since day 1 if someone made the right offer.
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #4480 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 10:49:21 »

I'm sure if the right offer came up, he would be stupid not to sell? 

The stadium not being owned 100% by the club I doubt is an issue, with a long lease agreed they can still do what they want re development and the land isn't worth much due to the covenants on the land.

Ask every fan owned club, it takes one Extraordinary AGM of the shareholders/Trust and a highly highly recommended yes and it's done in no time.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4481 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 12:46:00 »

Clem basically became the owner by accident. Of course he wants out.
DMC

« Reply #4482 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:09:00 »

Clem basically became the owner by accident. Of course he wants out.
No he doesn’t,not at all.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #4483 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:15:10 »

You sure!

Seriously underestimated cost of running a football club...

Threw all his money into promotion on his 1st season....
Failure last season was a massive disappointment
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4484 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:15:47 »

Ultimately he will want to sell at some point. That point may be now, tomorrow or in 10 years. But I’m quite sure he doesn’t see himself as the owner in 25 years.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: