Pages: 1 ... 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1231203 times)
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #4455 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 11:43:48 »

Safe to say you were completely wrong, pitch looks absolutely spotless.

Bar some slightly wonky lines drawn on  Cheesy
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4456 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 11:45:34 »

Bar some slightly wonky lines drawn on  Cheesy

Yes, probably trying to avoid all the dandelions whilst doing the lines.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #4457 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 11:50:15 »

Safe to say you were completely wrong, pitch looks absolutely spotless.

Personally I think it looks patchy but thanks for you input anyway.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4458 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 11:53:33 »

I mean it doesn’t look pristine and spotless…but…is also doesn’t look like it’s been left untouched for 3 weeks either…
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4459 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 11:56:28 »

Personally I think it looks patchy but thanks for you input anyway.

It’s certainly better then you made it out to be.

They’ve even got nets up, believe it or not.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #4460 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 12:02:55 »

It’s certainly better then you made it out to be.

They’ve even got nets up, believe it or not.

Fair point & I’ll accept that.

No jumpers, that is a shame
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4461 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2023, 17:21:49 »

Club shop very busy this morning, only went to pick up ST's & Peterborough ticket.
Points make prizes scramble for FGR & Wrexham tickets I guess.

It's good that the club carried the loyalty points forward for those, which of course then results in a mini drama being played out for about 50% of the transactions.
Good business for the club as invariably people will pick up a trinket or 2 as well.
Didn't go for the Bamboo Wireless Charger though as the instruction manual looked to be about 500 pages.
Sorry Kev.  Wink

And the added excitement of witnessing the aftermath of the Gorse Hill stabbing when passing through on the bus home.
Not nice.
Everyone lives in a Sin City of one form or another these days.

Anyway, didn't want to pay 50p for the CG car park so took the bus in!
Did get the step count up though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4462 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 00:36:25 »

Didn't go for the Bamboo Wireless Charger though as the instruction manual looked to be about 500 pages.
Sorry Kev.  Wink

I had fun writing that one   Cheesy

Sorry to hear you had to witness the other thing though pal. Not particularly nice  Sad

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #4463 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 06:58:26 »

Done decent footage of the win over Plymouth. Apologies if someone has already put it up

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/county-ground-uncut-plymouth-argyle-h/
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4464 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 07:52:49 »

Didn't want to put this in the transfer thread, but has anyone heard any rumours that Clem has put the club up for sale?

I've absolutely nothing ITK at all, and it's probably Chinese whispers, but thought I'd pose the question anyway?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #4465 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 08:04:05 »

Didn't want to put this in the transfer thread, but has anyone heard any rumours that Clem has put the club up for sale?

I've absolutely nothing ITK at all, and it's probably Chinese whispers, but thought I'd pose the question anyway?
I think there has been a number of whispers since the turn of the year, and some very random murmurs and links do crop up form time to time that sound almost too random to have been made up. The two which I recall are:
-Someone had been on holiday in Lake Como and local gossip was apparently their multi-billionaire owners had explored buying the club, which also lines up with why Marc Bircham randomly had a Manager interview here back in January. Dennis Wise and Phil Smith both at the club too.
-Someone on Facebook claiming StarSports betting had submitted an offer to buy the club.

The above most likely falls into the 80% bollocks category, but I don't recall as many random rumours during previous ownerships.

Clems recent moves have all felt long term driven so don't personally believe he's looking to sell in the immediate, but recently the holding companies memorandums of understanding were updated in a way which facilitated selling of shares/business in an easier manner.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4466 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 08:08:02 »

Possible 3rd party investment? That's a question not a statement  Smiley
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4467 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 08:14:27 »

I think there has been a number of whispers since the turn of the year, and some very random murmurs and links do crop up form time to time that sound almost too random to have been made up. The two which I recall are:
-Someone had been on holiday in Lake Como and local gossip was apparently their multi-billionaire owners had explored buying the club, which also lines up with why Marc Bircham randomly had a Manager interview here back in January. Dennis Wise and Phil Smith both at the club too.
-Someone on Facebook claiming StarSports betting had submitted an offer to buy the club.

The above most likely falls into the 80% bollocks category, but I don't recall as many random rumours during previous ownerships.

Clems recent moves have all felt long term driven so don't personally believe he's looking to sell in the immediate, but recently the holding companies memorandums of understanding were updated in a way which facilitated selling of shares/business in an easier manner.

Could now having the stadium renovations in play change the end game with him? I wonder how the club/trust would answer the question of whether the club is up for sale on the AB minutes.  Hmmm

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #4468 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 08:19:49 »

Could now having the stadium renovations in play change the end game with him? I wonder how the club/trust would answer the question of whether the club is up for sale on the AB minutes.  Hmmm
Answer the question with complete denial that it's up for sale and that Clem is commited to his 10 year plan, only for a sale then being announced a matter of days later would be the outcome I expect knowing us  Cheesy
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4469 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 08:21:56 »

Answer the question with complete denial that it's up for sale and that Clem is commited to his 10 year plan, only for a sale then being announced a matter of days later to a group of Dublin gangsters would be the outcome I expect knowing us  Cheesy

Corrected for you Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: