Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1228569 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3270 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 16:35:09 »

Who knows, but judging from some of the stuff which has been written on social media about him I wonder whether he is checking under his car each morning with one of those mirror things on wheels that we all had to endure at Brize back in the day.  Roll Eyes

Can anyone else think of an 'upstairs' football figure, not including owners etc, ever becoming such a lightning rod for fan criticism? It is quite a novel phenomenon.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3271 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 16:45:57 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/april/anton-dworzak-signs-pro-deal-with-town/

No Sandro quote… 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3272 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 16:49:53 »

Can anyone else think of an 'upstairs' football figure, not including owners etc, ever becoming such a lightning rod for fan criticism? It is quite a novel phenomenon.
It’s not surprising, though. Clem still has a good amount of goodwill in the bank so it’s been deflected from him, Rob Angus is seen as ‘one of us’and Sandro is probably the most visible so he gets the shit.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3273 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 16:53:22 »

Who is the 'JR' he's pictured with?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DMC

« Reply #3274 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 17:04:21 »

Jamie Russell. Really nice bloke and the youngsters love him at the club. He has been over the warm room often and wants and encourages the youngsters to get involved in helping the local community. Believe he was at Salford and a few other clubs before, really lucky imo to have someone like him
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3275 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 17:23:32 »

Jamie Russell. Really nice bloke and the youngsters love him at the club. He has been over the warm room often and wants and encourages the youngsters to get involved in helping the local community. Believe he was at Salford and a few other clubs before, really lucky imo to have someone like him
Thank you

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3276 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 17:25:50 »

If you or any others haven’t already, watch his interview with Vic Morgan. Comes across brilliantly, lucky to have him. Funnily enough Someone like him would make the perfect DOF imo, a real football man.

https://www.youtube.com/live/nLLeSEO9Ylg?feature=share
[/quote]
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3277 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 18:16:16 »

Given all the negativity around some of the staff at STFC it's great to read stuff like this. I mean there are probably more than good than bad eggs at the club to be fair but the good guys tend to just go about their business without fanfare (which they probably want)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3278 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 18:40:39 »

Honestly that OSC interview was a breath of fresh air.

God knows how he's ended up here
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3279 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 18:47:08 »

To put a positive spin on things, you'd hope Morris and Brand can add some value for coaches like this fella and the Academy in general. Whatever anyone thinks of their first team management, they've spent a long time in key positions at one of the best academies in the world. We've clearly got a good team in ours judging by this video so maybe Clem has prioritised it.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #3280 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 12:03:07 »

was there any news?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3281 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 12:12:28 »

was there any news?

I put the bins out on Friday but the recent Bank Holiday means they won't get collected until Monday.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #3282 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 08:22:57 »

Apparently it was in Rob Angus' programme notes yesterday that the club have admitted they got recruitment wrong this season and plan to address it/change in the summer. Great for the club to admit it, but should be shouting it louder with the upcoming early bird deadline and get that message out there more rather than it being in the programme which doesn't have the reach it once did.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #3283 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 09:34:32 »

Actions speak louder than words. Zav and Sandro both said to be there yesterday. I sit in the DRS so hard to confirm for sure but it certainly looked like the pair of them sat with Powers Platinum henchman, away from Angus mind.

The fans have backed them and they've pissed it up the wall. They now have to build it for the numbers to return.... chicken and egg situation.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3284 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 10:55:03 »

Apparently it was in Rob Angus' programme notes yesterday that the club have admitted they got recruitment wrong this season and plan to address it/change in the summer. Great for the club to admit it, but should be shouting it louder with the upcoming early bird deadline and get that message out there more rather than it being in the programme which doesn't have the reach it once did.

CT Theory: Announce the plans after the window so everyone holding off to see pays more 😁😁😁
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: