Pages: 1 ... 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1229768 times)
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #3210 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 11:25:35 »

Bradford and Stevenage will soon sort that out even if Barrow don't!

Drew at Bradford Jimbo

Stevenage will though
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3211 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 11:26:27 »

Drew at Bradford Jimbo

Stevenage will though

We had a different team away at Bradford plus they need the points😀

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3212 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 11:28:20 »

Bradford and Stevenage will soon sort that out even if Barrow don't!

We won at Barrow so are safe from being doubled for a few more days.

Last win seems like a long time ago now.

If we do get through the season without being beaten both home & away by anyone, then is that just a statistical anomaly or worthy of further analysis?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3213 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 11:33:29 »

As we beat Barra and drew with Bradford and Wimbledon, Stevenage and Crewe are the only ones who do the double over us. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3214 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 11:34:52 »

Quote from: OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR
Don't think I've seen anyone suggest that but totally agree nonetheless..

There are a few 'don't care what league, as long as I'm entertained' types about.

it's not for me
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3215 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 11:36:25 »

As we beat Barra and drew with Bradford and Wimbledon, Stevenage and Crewe are the only ones who do the double over us. 

Crawley as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3216 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 11:38:34 »

Apologies all I forgot about the results quoted above so expect both Stevenage and Crewe to do the double over us and who knows hat Lindsey has up his sleeve!

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3217 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 11:53:10 »

Crawley as well.

Indeed, I forgot we had a game in May and failed to scroll the page over.

Could be worse, due to postponements and the need for the league to be finished by a certain date, as its stands Sandhurst Town have got to play 11 games in 10 days (although it does possibly look like the FA may allow an extension).

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3218 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 13:53:37 »

Good post. Anybody suggesting we cant compete and get in to L1 what are you paying to watch? For us make up the numbers in Div4? Fuck that

We find ourselves in a League below Morecombe, Fleetwood, Burton, Cambridge, FGR, Cheltenham etc etc. Two leagues below Luton, Millwall and Rotherham.

We're Swindon Town FFS, demand more. Agree the best we can hope for is Rotherham/Peterborough realistically, flirt with Champ but unable to seriously compete. Which is fair enough and i'd bite your hand off for.  Accepting D4 mediocracy stinks for me.  

The absolute cuckold nature of some of our fan base is infuriating. Total 'expect nothing but misery' attitude. There is being realistic and then there is being pessimistic and then there is whatever this attitude some of our fans have which is a couple of levels below pessimistic in to strange complex territory. An attitude that we should be grateful to be competing a division below historical non league clubs like Accrington Stanley with a smile on our faces.

Absolute oddball behaviour.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #3219 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:01:13 »

Drew at Bradford Jimbo

Stevenage will though

I was there at Bradford that night and thought we might 'do something'.

if we get smashed on Saturday i might give the home leg a miss.

Clems Army!
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3220 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:06:09 »

The absolute cuckold nature of some of our fan base is infuriating. Total 'expect nothing but misery' attitude. There is being realistic and then there is being pessimistic and then there is whatever this attitude some of our fans have which is a couple of levels below pessimistic in to strange complex territory. An attitude that we should be grateful to be competing a division below historical non league clubs like Accrington Stanley with a smile on our faces.

Absolute oddball behaviour.

Couldn't agree more. Just because we nearly went under with Power doesn't mean we set our expectations to 'dross' for the rest of time.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3221 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:29:43 »

Albeit only have experience of a limited cross section of the current fanbase, but can't imagine that very many are happy or accepting of their current lot.

Going week in, week out no matter what without complaint shouldn't be confused with a blind acceptance of circumstance.

I do have a great deal of admiration for the generally younger angry & tormented type souls who will probe & question no matter what. It's good and provides some lifeblood that the club should take notice of.

Don't let that passion quench the flame as it often ends up doing.

Crap!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3222 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 20:34:25 »

That famous Johnny Rotten quote aptly sums up my feeling for Supporting this crock of shit right now.
“Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated.”

Can’t wait for this season to finish so I can have a break from it.

Relentless misery.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #3223 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 22:41:29 »

DoB

Your latest message sums up my feelings to the word.

Mr Clem Morfuni really does need to start making some comments... cos, suggest he is currently playing with fire.

The honeymoon period has long gone and the reality has set in.

What is upsetting is Rob Angus's silence. That said, perhaps he values his current position or possibly there is nothing to tell.

DMC

« Reply #3224 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 07:42:28 »

DoB

Your latest message sums up my feelings to the word.

Mr Clem Morfuni really does need to start making some comments... cos, suggest he is currently playing with fire.

The honeymoon period has long gone and the reality has set in.

What is upsetting is Rob Angus's silence. That said, perhaps he values his current position or possibly there is nothing to tell.

Fingers crossed we do today
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: