Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 ... 849   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1230551 times)
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #3075 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 08:16:24 »

What happens though if we put all our eggs in the ‘recruitment was a disaster’ basket and it turns out Morris is just a piss poor manager?
I have a sneaking suspicion you may be right and that we have made a very expensive mistake with JM.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3076 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 09:32:12 »

I have a sneaking suspicion you may be right and that we have made a very expensive mistake with JM.

Who knows. Only one way we will find out.

I still think Lindsey had the team closer to where they should be with regards to league position than Morris has.

We can say Lindsey had MacDonald, Gladwin (injured) & Reed (didn’t play him) but Morris had Austin (massive upgrade up front) a fit RHM & Tomlinson - but it’s a lot of swings and roundabouts.

As I’ve said - in my mind it’s crunch time. We either back Morris with his own players and give him the rest of the calendar year or we get rid now.

Gamble either way.

Unpopular opinion but I still think this squad is better than it’s currently showing. Not by much mind you but still…
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3077 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 09:34:10 »

I think the team would massively benefit from a back to basics performance with players in the right positions and nothing too adventurous…
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3078 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 16:00:16 »

I still think Lindsey had the team closer to where they should be with regards to league position than Morris has.

We can say Lindsey had MacDonald, Gladwin (injured) & Reed (didn’t play him) but Morris had Austin (massive upgrade up front) a fit RHM & Tomlinson - but it’s a lot of swings and roundabouts.

As I’ve said - in my mind it’s crunch time. We either back Morris with his own players and give him the rest of the calendar year or we get rid now.

Gamble either way.

Unpopular opinion but I still think this squad is better than it’s currently showing. Not by much mind you but still…
It definitely is better than current showing in my opinion. Just no leadership and a lack of spirit.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 16:03:41 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3079 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 09:58:21 »

I see the supporters club have started selling tickets for the end of season awards dinner. Tough sell that, do not envy the marketing folk there one bit!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3080 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 11:45:55 »

Gamble either way.

I think I said not long before he left that Lindsey was maybe just a smidge over where I expected the squad to be.  He'd had some "lucky" results early in the season where I thought we could easily have lost and a couple of the wins were a toss of a coin type games.  There were also a few defeats that were similar.  That would have had us just under the play offs over the stretch of the season I think, and I do believe the squad is worse now.  That, ignoring the past 12 games, is simply abject failure - but I was not a huge Lindsey critic, just not a fan of his recruitment (another symptom of our current malaise).

Also, as much as I think we have recruited a crock of shit (the sum of the parts before people get all rabid about one or two being decent prospects), and it is not fit for purpose (getting promoted), the recent results have been well below expectations even for that group.  I still conclude we are a mid table to play off squad.  I also still conclude that is simply not good enough.  All that has happened in the past few weeks is the blame has shifted wider and deeper!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #3081 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 15:37:31 »

Can the club confirm that they agree with the EFL rules, that a person who has a conviction for Money Laundering should not be involved in the day to day running or decision making of a football club, regardless of how long it has been since they were released from prison?

I had a look in appendix 3 of the EFL rules - have they changed as the conviction is spent, unless he's had another since 2005?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #3082 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 15:56:26 »

If we are committed to the stats-driven approach then the board should pay attention to the most important stats, Morris’ dreadful points return. Absolutely no chance of achieving anything next year under him. I would actually be concerned for our football league status.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3083 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 15:58:15 »

I see the supporters club have started selling tickets for the end of season awards dinner. Tough sell that, do not envy the marketing folk there one bit!

Unless there are some stocks and soft tomatoes  Smiley
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3084 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 16:15:35 »

I had a look in appendix 3 of the EFL rules - have they changed as the conviction is spent, unless he's had another since 2005?

I didn't think the offence (given the sentence) could be "spent"?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3085 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 18:37:32 »

I just hope Nigel Eady's trustees hired good lawyers and this ground purchase is watertight.

The thought that they may have helped Zav and the naive clowns he wines and dines at the Trust to buy it makes me sick.

(And, yes, I'm pissed off and I'm sure holes can easily be picked in the above!)
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #3086 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 19:44:08 »

I just hope Nigel Eady's trustees hired good lawyers and this ground purchase is watertight.

The thought that they may have helped Zav and the naive clowns he wines and dines at the Trust to buy it makes me sick.

(And, yes, I'm pissed off and I'm sure holes can easily be picked in the above!)

I appreciate you're not very happy about the performances on the pitch but the suggestion above is a bit too far IMO.

The fanbase and the Trust have benefited from hours from multiple people giving up their time over the last 8 years to make the ground purchase happen and be as watertight to protect it for our Club and fanbase, regardless of who is either sat on the board of the Trust or owns of the club. The entire setup is in the interest of ensuring it benefits the Club and fans overall.

Don't shoot from the hip at something that is enormously positive for this club and that other fans would chew their right arm off to achieve if given a chance. The comments above are really nothing more than poor form and out of order frankly.

Keep your insults about the pitch performances to the pitch if that's what you want to complain about.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #3087 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 19:50:58 »

I have not signed up the trust
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3088 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 19:52:30 »

I have to admit, I did find it intriguing that the club didn't have to shell out any cash to assume an asset of some worth.  I presume the end game is the Management company set-up to run/own the freehold will be a 50/50 split with legal entity that owns the Football Club.  As such, they'd get to add 50% of the value of said asset to their books.  Any idea what the value of the Asset is post sale?  I presume more than the sale price, or at least that amount?  Also, the club will have a long term leasehold, which is also of value, just like someone "owning" a flat.  Both of these items offset the Directors Loans (which themselves are soft debt, if there is such a thing), making a future purchase by someone more palatable.  Clem does come out of this sitting much prettier than he would have done on Day One, even allowing for the smaller purchase price.  In reality, the club was nearly worthless.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3089 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 19:54:29 »

I appreciate you're not very happy about the performances on the pitch but the suggestion above is a bit too far IMO.

The fanbase and the Trust have benefited from hours from multiple people giving up their time over the last 8 years to make the ground purchase happen and be as watertight to protect it for our Club and fanbase, regardless of who is either sat on the board of the Trust or owns of the club. The entire setup is in the interest of ensuring it benefits the Club and fans overall.

Don't shoot from the hip at something that is enormously positive for this club and that other fans would chew their right arm off to achieve if given a chance. The comments above are really nothing more than poor form and out of order frankly.

Keep your insults about the pitch performances to the pitch if that's what you want to complain about.

Genuine question: did the Trust know about “Zav’s” background when they jumped into bed with him?

I watched back the OSC interview with him. Don’t worry, laundering drugs money is a “paper crime” and “no one got hurt.”
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 ... 849   Go Up
Print
Jump to: